XIM Community

XBOX 360 Geniune Controller  (Read 235 times)

Offline kearneyman

• Jumping into XIM
    • View Profile
XBOX 360 Geniune Controller
« on: 10:05 AM - 07/24/20 »
So, I know this has been addressed 100 times now, but those posts were from 2016, hoping things have changed in 2020

I want to play some 360 games that won't work on the XBone.  I just ordered an Apex, but cannot seem to find an official wired 360 controller.

On amazon OEM 360 controllers are selling for upwards of $130, but even in the comments people are noting that they are fakes. Do these work with the XIM Apex?

I know PDP made good quality controllers in the past, do none of these work with the XIM Apex in 2020? These PDPs are quite a bit cheaper ($12 at GameStop).

Does anyone know where I can find an official 360 Controller that's not a fake, and is reasonably priced, I'm talking like $20, here.
XBOX 360, XIM APEX, ZOWIE ZA13, Corsair K63 Wired

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XBOX 360 Geniune Controller
« Reply #1 on: 10:23 AM - 07/24/20 »
There was one report of a third party controller that worked but it's been years and I don't remember what it was. I used a 360 gamestop-seahawks controller with XIM4 I believe so there's a chance this series of controller might work.

I would personally try this one below assuming that it's legitimate. Controllers are not region locked, meaning that although the packaging has Chinese characters it should work with your console and APEX.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/white-wired-microsoft-OEM-NEW-USB-XBOX-360-remote-controller-US-fast-ship/303615203053?hash=item46b0e056ed:g:nvYAAOSwpWpfAh69
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline kearneyman

• Jumping into XIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:59 AM - 07/24/20 »
@mist4fun thanks for the reply. OK. I guess I'll order one of those controllers and see if they work. I'll report back if it does. I'll also look to see if I can find a GameStop 360 controller. I called a few locations and they didn't have any in stock, so, I'll also check ebay

Thanks again

Offline kearneyman

• Jumping into XIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:37 PM - 07/30/20 »
So, I am happy to report that the @play wired 360 Controller from GameStop works perfectly fine. It is made by PDP.

The controller you suggested from ebay (the OEM one) just arrived in the mail today. I'll update with whether or not it works

Offline kearneyman

• Jumping into XIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:56 PM - 07/30/20 »
I am also happy to report that the OEM Wired 360 Controllers from Hong Kong also work! Although, mine, the D-pad is super crappy and doesn't really work well at all (like I have to really mash down on it to register a press)

But, the XIM APEX is working completely fine with it!

Thanks so much @mist4Fun. I don't know if you can update the hardware compatibility chart, but, hopefully this helps people in the future