XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Serious mouse stutter help please  (Read 225 times)

Offline theycallmesike

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Serious mouse stutter help please
« on: 08:00 PM - 07/23/20 »
I have serious mouse stutter on siege. Video is attached. I've tried all of the steps in the XIM mouse stutter video.
https://youtu.be/IArbtxqCi1U

Mouse: G Pro Wireless
1000hz on app / mouse
3500 dpi
all game settings 100/100/100/ 10 dead zones
My sync on both hip / ads is Common
Only smoothing I have is on ADS and that's at 10.

What else am I missing? Is my sens or dpi too high? Am I not moving my mouse fast/far enough for those micro adjustments?

Let me know if there is any other info you need.
« Last Edit: 01:33 PM - 07/27/20 by mist4fun »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Serious mouse stutter help please
« Reply #1 on: 09:33 AM - 07/24/20 »
Drop your XIM APEX Response Rate to 500Hz to see if it tidies up the jitter.
« Last Edit: 05:19 PM - 07/24/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Acapella

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:47 PM - 07/25/20 »
I have serious mouse stutter on siege. Video is attached. I've tried all of the steps in the XIM mouse stutter video.

1000hz on app / mouse
3500 dpi

What else am I missing? Is my sens or dpi too high? Am I not moving my mouse fast/far enough for those micro adjustments?

Try updating your firmware and then recreating your config (not copy/pasting but fully recreate) this could fix a number of things that you Amy have accidentally changed in the config you’re using. Also I’d suggest you try default sync combined with 500hz and classic controller rotation in game/ST. Ideally you shouldn’t have to use any smoothing on your ads config. Hope this helps :)

Offline theycallmesike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:19 PM - 07/27/20 »
Drop your XIM APEX Response Rate to 500Hz to see if it tidies up the jitter.

It looks worse by dropping xim to 500. I tried both putting the mouse down to 500 as well, but didnt notice any difference between that and 1000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xza91togkyE

Offline theycallmesike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:21 PM - 07/27/20 »

1000hz on app / mouse
3500 dpi

Try updating your firmware and then recreating your config (not copy/pasting but fully recreate) this could fix a number of things that you Amy have accidentally changed in the config you’re using. Also I’d suggest you try default sync combined with 500hz and classic controller rotation in game/ST. Ideally you shouldn’t have to use any smoothing on your ads config. Hope this helps :)

Firmware on XIM and mouse are both up to date... I'll recreate it. But in the mouse stutter video, it said to use common for sync to help it. Let me see how Classic rotation works in came and on the config. Is it much different than the Updated? I've been playing on updated for so long now haha

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:33 PM - 07/27/20 »
When did this start happening and can you check if it's happening in another game too?

In the meantime, if you're experiencing jitter:

- Create a new config and I suggest renaming it to better identify it later.
- Do not import your config code or curves
- Adjust only sensitivity
- Do not adjust or use expert settings. No curves, smoothing, steady aim, boost, leave sync on default, no YX ratio. Use no expert settings.
- Verify in-game settings match the game settings page: http://xim.tech/settings
- Verify mouse sensor is clear from debris
- Verify mouse surface is clear from debris
- Test another mouse surface, a blank sheet of print paper is recommended.
- If using a logitech mouse that supports it, verify that the surface tuning setting in LGS is set to default.
- If using a wireless mouse test the mouse in wired mode if supported, otherwise test a wired mouse.
- Lower your XIM sensitivity if you're reaching the turn speed limit too soon in your mouse swipe.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline theycallmesike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:43 PM - 07/27/20 »
When did this start happening and can you check if it's happening in another game too?

- Do not adjust or use expert settings. No curves, smoothing, steady aim, boost, leave sync on default, no YX ratio. Use no expert settings.
- Verify in-game settings match the game settings page: http://xim.tech/settings
- If using a logitech mouse that supports it, verify that the surface tuning setting in LGS is set to default.
- If using a wireless mouse test the mouse in wired mode if supported, otherwise test a wired mouse.
- Lower your XIM sensitivity if you're reaching the turn speed limit too soon in your mouse swipe.

Thank you, I will try all of these and report back. Sorry for posting in the wrong section, I didn't see the Support forum in General

Offline theycallmesike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:52 AM - 07/31/20 »

I've tried all of these things. Still getting lots of jitter/stutter :( Would resetting to factory default help? Or could it be a faulty XIM?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: [ACTIVE] Serious mouse stutter help please
« Reply #8 on: 01:35 AM - 07/31/20 »
The jitter is coming from your mouse, not the XIM.

The easiest thing to do is reduce XIM APEX Response Rate below 1000Hz to rule it out as a contributor to jitter (Xbox One doesn't respond as well as PS4 to 1000Hz input). Every other Response Rate will respond better to a jittery mouse.

Next, set the Sync to Default or Common. If need be, add a little bit of Smoothing.

To dumb things right down, set Response Rate to 125Hz and use Sync Common or Slow.

Clean the mouse sensor, clean the mouse pad, tune your mouse to your pad, then if you still have jitter try a different mouse.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline theycallmesike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:34 PM - 08/07/20 »
Hi Antithesis, thanks for your reply. Responses are in line.

The jitter is coming from your mouse, not the XIM.

The easiest thing to do is reduce XIM APEX Response Rate below 1000Hz to rule it out as a contributor to jitter (Xbox One doesn't respond as well as PS4 to 1000Hz input). Every other Response Rate will respond better to a jittery mouse.
- Yeah, I've tried 500hz on Apex, (mouse was still set to 1000hz though, is that ok) Im on PS4 Pro btw

Next, set the Sync to Default or Common. If need be, add a little bit of Smoothing.
- Tried Default and common. Common seems to be a little worse.

To dumb things right down, set Response Rate to 125Hz and use Sync Common or Slow.
-Tried this as well. Doesn't fix it, and didnt notice any large difference.

Clean the mouse sensor, clean the mouse pad, tune your mouse to your pad, then if you still have jitter try a different mouse.
- Cleaned, tried different pads, plain black ones, cloth, metal, three different Mice, all have the same problem.

Maybe there is a setting somewhere I messed up? I even tried in different games, with clean fresh configs.

Would anyone be willing to help me live? I can go on stream and you can see what I mean and I can go through any changes to the xim or mouse settings live?
« Last Edit: 10:47 PM - 08/07/20 by theycallmesike »

Offline theycallmesike

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:34 PM - 08/09/20 »
Regarding polling rates? How important is this with the APEX. I am using the G Pro Wireless. Do you think it could be the sporadic polling rates on it? I can't seem to be consistent at any HZ that I set it to. Here are my polling rate tests:

@1000hz https://share.getcloudapp.com/2Nuyr6ZZ
@500 https://share.getcloudapp.com/Kouren2g
@250 https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXuymbgR
@125 https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9uG5LJj

Also, random Question about polling rate. Does cutting my poling rate on the xim OR the mouse adjust my sensitivity at all? For example? if I go from 1000hz to 500, do I need to half my sensitivity to keep it feeling the same? Because When I changed my polling rate from 1000 to 125, the mouse was Crazy more sensitive.
« Last Edit: 08:40 PM - 08/09/20 by theycallmesike »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 09:25 PM - 08/09/20 »
If you're using Sync Off, then Response Rate will affect Sensitivity. Going from 1000Hz to 125Hz is 8 times more sensitive, so you need to adjust your XIM Sensitivity.

500Hz polling rate will typically be more stable than 1000Hz.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Today at 09:11 AM »
To confirm, the mouse was tested in wired mode or a wired only mouse was tested?

What other game is it happening in?

Would you mind sharing a tracelog after the issue occurs? Please let it run for a couple of minutes before doing the test and taking the log. The link below contains instructions on how to capture the log. Be sure to have the log window open while gaming. After the issue occurs please share the last 20-30 lines of the log in your message here. Note the instructions are the same for both XIM4 and XIM Apex.

http://cloud.xim.tech/Debug/XIM4TraceLog.pdf
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin