XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Controller, mouse and keyboard keeps switching off  (Read 283 times)

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: captain snipess
Hey Iím wondering if somebody can help with an issue Iíve got with the xim? I bought it a few days ago, it turns on for about a minute and then the controller goes off along with the mouse and keyboard, the xim and USB hub stays on.
« Last Edit: 04:52 PM - 07/20/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Controller, mouse and keyboard keeps switching off
« Reply #1 on: 04:52 PM - 07/20/20 »
Welcome to the community. There's more than one cause for this but a good place to start is to test other data cables with the controller and charge the controller directly with the console. XIM and hub should be disconnected while charging.

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
Mouse is a gtx 105,
keyboard is a basic HP k45
and using an Xbox elite controller.

Iíve tried a few wires with the controller already and itís fully charged. Also I ran a quick test, I unplugged everything out of the USB hub except the controller, it stayed on, then I plugged the keyboard in and again, it stayed on, then finally I unplugged the keyboard and inserted the mouse and it stayed on for about 2 minutes, and then the power went from the controller and mouse.
So Iím guessing itís a power issue? I hope that helps in some way. Thanks for the quick reply   
« Last Edit: 09:08 AM - 07/21/20 by mist4fun »

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
Should mention Iím using an Xbox one s, everything else is standard (xim and hub)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It could be power but it could be the mouse too. Trust devices are becoming more common in support threads and based on your results it does seem like it may be power related and if not, related to the mouse itself. Do you happen to have access to another mouse that could be tested?

If power is something that you would like to try testing against then there are two options. APEX's hub can be replaced with a powered hub. The second option is to add a power adapter to the existing APEX hub. APEX supports power adapters using the spec below and can be found on amazon or ebay. To prevent damage to your peripherals do not use a power adapter that doesn't match this spec and do not use a power adapter with an adjustable voltage switch.

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
Yeah Iíve tried a Logitech mouse last night and Iím getting the same issue. Iíve got both a powered USB hub coming tomorrow along with an AC adapter with the specs youíve mentioned. Iíll keep you posted, thanks a lot.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Is this an Elite Series 2 controller? If so could you try using the latest build? This is a manual update that requires a PC or Mac.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
No itís the first one.

Iíve just tried the recommended adapter for the USB hub that came with the xim, that didnít work, then I tried a different USB hub with the  recommended specs and that also hasnít worked.

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
When I plug anything in to the usb hub other than the controller cable, they all shut off. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I don't think it's the hub, earlier you mentioned that the controller+keyboard only don't cause an outage and it sounds like you have a second hub now too.

How did the firmware update go?

Also, do you have access to another mouse that can be tested that isn't from Trust?

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Controller, mouse and keyboard keeps switching off
« Reply #10 on: 01:16 PM - 07/22/20 »
I have a power  adapter for the original xim hub, and I bought another hub just in case that didnít work, but neither works.
Thatís right, the other night when I left the xim+keyboard in the hub it stayed on for a little bit, but now when I try it shuts off. Anything other that the controller wire plugged in to the hub causes an outage.
The firmware updated perfectly.

Offline ar3se

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:17 PM - 07/22/20 »
Yes as I said in an earlier post I tried a Logitech mouse and that caused an outage also.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:52 PM - 07/22/20 »
Thanks for verifying. Unfortunately it seems like there may be an issue with this APEX as it's happening with multiple hubs and peripherals. If you would like to request a repair please use the link below.

https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add