XIM Community

Issues with Razer Viper Ultimate on Xbox 360  (Read 91 times)

Offline DaveAndLinds

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PrincessStoza
Issues with Razer Viper Ultimate on Xbox 360
« on: 08:31 PM - 07/18/20 »
Greetings!

My wife and I recently got our Xim Apex. Long story short, the wife is in love with it, but I'm unsatisfied with the way in treats my Viper. So here's the issue:

The Razer Viper Ultimate comes with a wireless USB dongle, a USB cord for wired use, and a female-to-female adapter for plugging the wireless USB dongle into the cord.

With the default mouse settings:

- When I plug the wireless USB dongle into the Xim Apex, it is correctly recognized by Xim Apex Manager (on iOS 13.5.1), but the mouse movements do not register on the screen.
- When I use the mouse wired, everything works perfectly.
- When I plug the dongle into the female-to-female adapter, then plug the adapter onto the cord connected to the Xim Apex, everything works perfectly.

It's weird that the dongle works when plugged into the female-to-female adapter, but not when plugged directly into the Xim Apex. Is this a known issue? (Of note, the wireless USB dongle works perfectly when plugged into our Windows 10 PC).

Now, this is the part that makes me sad... the Viper's buttons are programmable with the Razer Synapse software. When I create a Viper profile with remapped mouse buttons, the Xim Apex does not recognize any of the mouse's movements wirelessly (even when using the dongle to adapter to cable to Xim Apex).

Of note, everything works as intended when the Viper Ultimate (with a remapped button profile) is connected via wire to the Xim Apex.

Ideally, I would love to use my Viper Ultimate with a remapped button profile wirelessly with the Xim Apex. Any suggestions to make this work? Or is this just something that I'll have to deal with?

Just to confirm, I am using the latest firmware.

I am also fully aware that it is weird for someone to be playing Xbox 360 in the year 2020.

Just out of curiosity, are all the features of the Razer Viper Ultimate (i.e. remapped button profiles) confirmed to work wirelessly on the PS4?

All that being said, I am truly a happy customer. My wife ecstatic about being able to game with a keyboard and mouse. And being able to satisfy a lady is very important to me. Thank you for all that you do.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Razer Viper Ultimate on Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: 09:18 AM - 07/20/20 »
Welcome to the community. It sounds like there is a contact issue between the receiver and that port in APEX's hub. You could try using the receiver in another port on the hub or use a short extension can sometimes help with this issue as you've discovered. Testing another hub may help as well.

About the mouse not mapping, unfortunately some manufacturers offer onboard storage that can only be used with a PC and it's software. I believe some of Razer's devices are starting to offer this ability but most don't. Logitech and Corsair peripherals are known to have this ability.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos