XIM Community

Optimal settings for my monitor/console usage?  (Read 370 times)

Offline thediscobiscuits

• B4L
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: BISCOJOE-42
Optimal settings for my monitor/console usage?
« on: 06:57 PM - 07/17/20 »
Hey guys,

I am posting this to see if anyone knows the best optimal settings for my BenQ XL2411Z? I like how I have my setup right now, I can switch back and forth quickly between HDMI and DVI to use my PC/console and xim for whenever I want. My question is... I have used this monitor with the blur busters single strobe utility and set my blur reduction to On, on the OSD settings on the monitor. I've set the strobe phase to 100 and the duty to 20 (default). I've also used it with none of the blur busters single strobing stuff, with blur reduction Off. How the monitor comes default. I've changed my color settings in the PS4 as well so I know about that. I'm just curious as to whether or not I should hassle with the program and turn blur reduction on? or just keep it off and play as normal? I really don't want to fish out money for the BenQ RL monitor... if it's even worth the upgrade.... when this monitor can do single strobing, but should i use it? and if so am i using the right settings? I am happy with being able to switch back and forth quickly with the monitor i have now so i see no purpose to buy another one only for the sole purpose of streaming and a dual monitor setup which would be cool. if anyone has any knowledge on this, a reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks everyone :)
Logitech G Pro Hero
Zowie G-SR SE Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red KB with doubled up o-rings =)
PS4 Pro

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Optimal settings for my monitor/console usage?
« Reply #1 on: 07:19 PM - 07/17/20 »
Any image processing on a monitor will add display / input lag, which is the enemy of online gaming. Set it to Gaming Mode, which removes all image processing for minimum lag and call it a day.

Wait for the new consoles to hit the market before buying a new screen. They will set the new benchmark for video gaming, including HDMI 2.1, 4K and 120Hz. This will translate to PC gaming, though more likely at 240Hz.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline thediscobiscuits

• B4L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:57 PM - 07/18/20 »
Any image processing on a monitor will add display / input lag, which is the enemy of online gaming. Set it to Gaming Mode, which removes all image processing for minimum lag and call it a day.

Wait for the new consoles to hit the market before buying a new screen. They will set the new benchmark for video gaming, including HDMI 2.1, 4K and 120Hz. This will translate to PC gaming, though more likely at 240Hz.

hey thanks for the informative reply. what do you mean by gaming mode? i don't think that is an option on my monitor. do you mean AMA (advanced motion accelerator) ?? I have that On by default, should I set it to Premium?
Logitech G Pro Hero
Zowie G-SR SE Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
PS4 Pro

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:18 PM - 07/18/20 »
 thediscobiscuits,search for your monitor- Game mode loader.

Offline thediscobiscuits

• B4L
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:35 PM - 07/18/20 »
thediscobiscuits,search for your monitor- Game mode loader.

i did, not seeing anything  ???
Logitech G Pro Hero
Zowie G-SR SE Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
PS4 Pro

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 02:20 AM - 07/19/20 »
hey thanks for the informative reply. what do you mean by gaming mode? i don't think that is an option on my monitor. do you mean AMA (advanced motion accelerator) ?? I have that On by default, should I set it to Premium?
You want to turn everything off rather than on to minimise display lag.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline thediscobiscuits

• B4L
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:47 PM - 07/19/20 »
You want to turn everything off rather than on to minimise display lag.

Okay. So if Iím reading this right, I want to turn AMA off? Leave instant mode on? I leave black equalizer on as well... around 12.
Logitech G Pro Hero
Zowie G-SR SE Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
PS4 Pro

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 11:15 PM - 07/19/20 »
If you want minimal display lag, everything should be set to off.

Offline thediscobiscuits

• B4L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:17 PM - 07/24/20 »
If you want minimal display lag, everything should be set to off.

i turned everything off and the motion blur seems pretty bad. maybe i should leave instant mode on and AMA off? i don't really like using the single strobe setting it hurts my eyes lol
Logitech G Pro Hero
Zowie G-SR SE Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
PS4 Pro

Admin