XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM Apex issues  (Read 127 times)

Offline Bamaslammer

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bamaslammer
[ACTIVE] XIM Apex issues
« on: 05:04 PM - 07/15/20 »
I got my XIM Apex in the mail today. Updated the firmware using flash start on computer, downloaded the app and followed the instructions. Trying to play Apex and the mouse and keyboard light up but do not work on the game. I have also done a hard reset.

Mouse= CyberPower PC Gaming Optical Mouse which is plugged into #1
Keyboard= CyberPowerPC Gaming Keyboard Plugged into #2
RIG headset which does not seem to work plugged into slot 3
Wireless Elite 2 Controller
Xbox 1 console.

Also tried using a razor mouse in port 1, does not work either... extremely frustrating at how difficult this is to use for $100...
« Last Edit: 10:31 PM - 07/15/20 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM Apex issues
« Reply #1 on: 10:31 PM - 07/15/20 »
Welcome to the community. Sorry you are having issues. Are you seeing the green initialization lights at startup like in the Getting Started video? Also, can you please try your hub independently on your computer and verify all it's ports are working by plugging your mouse into each port and see if it's working there?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Bamaslammer

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM Apex issues
« Reply #2 on: 07:30 AM - 07/16/20 »
Itís lights up Blue, Green and Red then stays red. Nothing works when plugged into computer either.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:13 AM - 07/16/20 »
If you don't have four green lights at startup then hard resetting the console and testing other data cables are good places to start troubleshooting. I would try the hard reset first.

Let's try a console hard reset, this fixes a console wired controller recognition bug. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.

-

For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Bamaslammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:56 PM - 07/16/20 »
I did the hard reset yesterday and it did not fix the issue. I do not have other cables, I have tried 2 different mouses and keyboards along with a headset.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:40 PM - 07/16/20 »
If the controller can't communicate to APEX because of the console bug mentioned, the controller cable, or the controller port then passthrough won't work for the mouse and keyboard.

A few ideas,

1) Could you please share the firmware version number found in Manager's menu-about?
2) Do you have a PC available? If so we could check if the controller is working in the game controller area of the PC to test the data connection.
3) Otherwise we can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. Please remove the hub and then disconnect and reconnect APEX to the console with the controller directly connected to APEX while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup at this point then I recommend testing other data cables with the controller.

Offline Bamaslammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:52 PM - 07/16/20 »
Can I just send it back for a refund? Way to complicated for me.

Firmware: 5.00.20200307
« Last Edit: 04:57 PM - 07/16/20 by Bamaslammer »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:16 PM - 07/16/20 »
Thanks, your firmware is up to date, sometimes this doesn't get updated and it's not noticed by the player so it's good to rule it out early.

Yes, refund is possible if you're  not wanting to continue and skip troubleshooting. To request a refund please use the link below.

https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add

Admin