XIM Community

Recoil 'mitigation' on Apex Legends & other FPS  (Read 16607 times)

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
Recoil 'mitigation' on Apex Legends & other FPS
« on: 10:02 AM - 07/12/20 »
OK, I've been playing around with an idea, and it seems to work ok...
Create an auxiliary and copy whatever your ADS settings are, but use your fire button as the activation. I think smooth transition helps but if it does it's slight. Also hit save then uncheck inherit.
Now in the Movement menu under Right Stick enter your fire button in both the bottom/down spot and the Walk spot and set the walk % to around 10 to maybe 20, depending on then game. This will move the cursor down when you're firing.

NOW
I found that I only had to adjust the Walk % a TINY bit & it made the difference between working and crazy/useless.. Ie mine is good at 19% but 16% didnt do much and 25% meant with some lower recoil guns I'd end up shooting the floor. I use Slow sync, with 3200 DPI and sensitivity around 4 so if you use different settings keep in mind the 10-20% Walk is a jumping off point! (for warzone for example people seem to find ~10% is good)

You can just adjust the Movement settings in your actual ADS page but I found one of the side effects is that when firing, if you moved your mouse down it could result in a big downward movement initially, so using an auxiliary I was able to tweak the input and soften my input a little and it would only apply when firing by setting the XY ratio to 0.75 - 0.85 ish
Just keep in mind less is more with this, even a small setting reduces guns like the R99's recoil down to about 30%. It also works for the Hemlock & Scout, and actually makes them fire flat.

Any improvements/tweaks and feedback is welcomed, it's still a work in progress really!

UPDATE: If you donít mind playing with settings, Iíve found a second aux set to a lower % is helpful in apex legends, as a lot of weapons donít have consistent recoil. Before I ended up shooting their lower body, but a second aux has improved it. You just need to set the second aux up the same but with an activation delay of around 1000-1500ish.

You can still use the deactivation delay for semi-autos (see a couple posts below) as well, the second aux will just override it if it needs to

Edit: this is the link to obs1vs youtube guide for this trick https://youtu.be/pTzoLp2lYJw
« Last Edit: 01:41 PM - 04/22/21 by year0 »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Recoil 'mitigation' on Apex Legends & other FPS
« Reply #1 on: 03:55 PM - 07/12/20 »
Wow, i cannot believe ive never thought of doing that...
Luckily as you said it comes with a lot of problems as in no real customization of the speed. Otherwise it would be totally broken and i could see Obsiv removing this.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Maria

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:48 PM - 07/12/20 »
You can just adjust the Movement settings in your actual ADS page but I found one of the side effects is that when firing, if you moved your mouse down it could result in a big downward movement initially

What if you add ADS delay?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:50 PM - 07/12/20 »
This is the biggest issue faced when using anti-recoil scripts on Titan or Cronus devices with a XIM. Anti-recoil stacks with mouse input, resulting in unpredictable and large mouse movements.

There are workarounds in GPC code, but none within XIM APEX Manager. Don't expect to be able to move your mouse to track a target while using this method.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:15 AM - 07/13/20 »
You can just adjust the Movement settings in your actual ADS page but I found one of the side effects is that when firing, if you moved your mouse down it could result in a big downward movement initially

What if you add ADS delay?

Iím not sure I follow you?
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Maria

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:34 AM - 07/13/20 »
Nvm. I'm messing with it now.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:56 AM - 07/13/20 »
This is the biggest issue faced when using anti-recoil scripts on Titan or Cronus devices with a XIM. Anti-recoil stacks with mouse input, resulting in unpredictable and large mouse movements.

There are workarounds in GPC code, but none within XIM APEX Manager. Don't expect to be able to move your mouse to track a target while using this method.

That makes sense then, I was initially just playing round with it as a semi auto recoil dampener.. either way I thought it was kinda glitchy, but maybe itíll be helpful for someone.
Could the sync speed in each page of manager be set differently, resulting in something like the recoil auxiliary executing more or less often than the hip/ADS pages? Or is that totally not how it works lol

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 02:00 AM - 07/13/20 »
Regardless of efficacy, it's a clever way to use an AUX page  :D

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline locojo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CexyJo
« Reply #8 on: 10:06 AM - 07/14/20 »
Thank you better much for this. I love this a lot. Iím a wrist player but I canít play with high sens and my memory muscles canít work with arm aiming so I normally play with a certain x/y ratio to help with recoil a bit.

But this helps a lot and doesnít mess with the x/y like it does when you mess with it. I didnít have to add a big percentage for apex. I just use 3% and that works wonders for me.

Thanks again.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:29 PM - 07/14/20 »
Thank you better much for this. I love this a lot. Iím a wrist player but I canít play with high sens and my memory muscles canít work with arm aiming so I normally play with a certain x/y ratio to help with recoil a bit.

But this helps a lot and doesnít mess with the x/y like it does when you mess with it. I didnít have to add a big percentage for apex. I just use 3% and that works wonders for me.

Thanks again.

No worries, Iím glad itís working for u.. youíre right with the low % too, it takes the edge off it without feeling like itís out of control.. I still havenít tried it properly with all the barrel stabilisers yet either

Offline pyro90294

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pyro90294
« Reply #10 on: 12:54 AM - 07/15/20 »
lol thatís crazy I discovered this same trick sometime last month but didnít post out of fear of it being categorized as unethical use of the XIM manager. Kudos. I used this method but all in all the best way to mitigate recoil (even as a wrist aimer) is to use a mouse that best fits your hand size, and to use a medium-large sized mouse pad over a small one.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:51 AM - 07/15/20 »
Yeah, rocketjumps YouTube channels got reviews on literally every gaming mouse in existence and he must say having a mouse fit your hand is the number one factor in each of his videos lol,. It really is too, itís why I miss my razer basilisk, even tho the G502 has a much better sensor..
Iím still saving for the Basillisk ultra or whatever itís called, and Iíve heard good things about Razers new sensor in it.
Sigh.. if only Logitech would use the shape of their old Mx Revolution, itís the best mouse Iíve ever picked up..

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:22 AM - 07/15/20 »
Update: If you set your auxiliary to be triggered by your fire button, and change the key in the movement section to your ADS key (in both the right stick down and walk spots) then add a DEactivation delay of 100-200ms it will keep pulling the crosshairs down for the 100-200 ms you entered in the deactivation delay AFTER you stop firing. This doesnít effect full auto but it make a big difference firing semi auto, especially with the Hemlock! After all recoil occurs after the triggers pulled.

Once again, you can do a simple version without any aux and just entering all this in your ADS page (but in the movement section youíd enter your fire key instead) but I like to be able to just uncheck the aux and disable everything simply.
« Last Edit: 09:44 PM - 08/12/20 by year0 »

Offline locojo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CexyJo
« Reply #13 on: 07:31 AM - 07/15/20 »
Update: If you set your auxiliary to be triggered by your fire button, and change the key in the movement section to your ADS key (in both the right stick down and walk spots) then add a DEactivation delay of 100-200ms it will keep pulling the crosshairs down for the 100-200 ms you entered in the deactivation delay. This doesnít effect full auto but it make a big difference firing semi auto, especially with the Hemlock!

Once again, you can do a simple version without any aux and just entering all this in your ADS page (but in the movement section youíd enter your fire key instead) but I like to be able to just uncheck the aux and disable everything simply.

So I play mostly modern warfare because I can play that Game by myself just fine and I have a 224ms activation and deactivation on the ads page and the extra aux page for the ďrecoilĒ. So I think it isnít new to me but Iíll try it on apex since I donít really have friends to play that with. What ms are you using ? And you only add it on the ads page right ? And then you said to change the fire button to ads on ďright stick, down spotĒ and ďwalk spotĒ instead ..?

Offline Maria

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:27 PM - 07/15/20 »
What % you use locojo

Admin