XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Problem with new XIM APEX- latest update  (Read 424 times)

Offline dave.now

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dave
hi guys, Im haveing a problem with new xim apex I bought yesterday.
I wanted to use it on Pc after watching few youtube videos about it but it connected once and after upgrading the software it shows "Failure to writing xim apex (6)"
Dis  any of you had a similar problem ?
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 07/10/20 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Benefits of Xim on PC?
« Reply #1 on: 09:11 AM - 07/07/20 »
Try a different USB port and verify your XIM shows a constant blue light when you want to attempt a firmware update.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline dave.now

• View Profile
Problem with new XIM APEX- latest update
« Reply #2 on: 12:41 PM - 07/09/20 »
Hi guys,
I encounter a problem with my XIM APEX.
After the latest update can't connect to the manager light up on the profile(light blue-greenish) Im getting response "failure to connect XIM APEX (6)
Does any one can help out or adivce?
I was using it on PC and i was able to create profiles and start it the first time then loaded the new update - backed up my profiles of course but can't make it to work now, same keyboard same mouse. Tried to change the moise and keyboard even bought the second controller. Used G502, G403, G Pro.
, razer mamba, Madcatz mmo, Steel series rival : 310,500,600,700. Keyboards Razer black widow, deathstalker and razer orbweaver and some random unbrand
Both pads are original 1708 xbox models and leads are all certefied

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with new XIM APEX- latest update
« Reply #3 on: 05:41 PM - 07/09/20 »
Hey,

what exactly doesnt work?
The wireless connection from your phone manager to the xim?
Or do your mouse and keyboard not work in the game?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline dave.now

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:03 AM - 07/10/20 »
Hey,

what exactly doesnt work?
The wireless connection from your phone manager to the xim?
Or do your mouse and keyboard not work in the game?

Xim Manager on PC doesn't work anymore.
I'm an IT technician so flash was successful.
Tried all the ports I have on the machine i'm using and as i sad it was working prior the firmware update
Profile light is on but the xim does not connect with xim manager
" failure writing XIM APEX [6] " in the manager

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:10 AM - 07/10/20 »
Is your XIM in wired config mode before attempting to use Manager on PC?

To use wired config mode attach XIM to the PC without holding a button. When the startup lights begin to flash immediately press and release the XIM button, the light sequence will be interrupted and you should then be able to open and use Manager in wired mode.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline dave.now

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:54 AM - 07/11/20 »
Is your XIM in wired config mode before attempting to use Manager on PC?

To use wired config mode attach XIM to the PC without holding a button. When the startup lights begin to flash immediately press and release the XIM button, the light sequence will be interrupted and you should then be able to open and use Manager in wired mode.

Thank you. That was the problem.  ;D appreciate the help Mist4fun

Hi Mist4fun,
I would need a bit of your assistance, again....
I did connect to manager and done the profiles for warzone and apex, i was able to make it work for one game in CoD but after that the XIM is not recognized as controller anymore by the game. everything works when i click the mouse and keypad both work and show the proper keys in the manager but the game locks of the controller and i cant turn it on , option is off with the lock. but when i connect the controller to the computer i can use it in game .
Is there any way to make it or or do I do something wrong???
Please advice.
Thank you
« Last Edit: 02:45 PM - 07/11/20 by dave.now »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Problem with new XIM APEX- latest update
« Reply #7 on: 09:16 AM - 07/13/20 »
XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM most successfully in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

-

Consider that XIM may be more sensitive to timing issues than the PC could be, testing another data cable might help.

Offline dave.now

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:14 AM - 07/14/20 »
XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM most successfully in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

Consider that XIM may be more sensitive to timing issues than the PC could be, testing another data cable might help.

OK ,I understand that you have a lot of posts to answer but that automatic replay wasn't helpful at all. but thanks , im trying with XIM link to make it work . Maybe that will solve the problem

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:09 AM - 07/14/20 »
Yes, some of that message is a macro but all of the information in my post is helpful to your situation.

1) Continue to use your X1 controller
2) Or switch to a wired 360 controller with info on compatibility
3) Once it's working things may feel off if you have the response rate too high due to APEX not supporting PC
4) APEX can be more sensitive to hardware issues because it expects perfect timing
5) Testing other cables with the controller may help

Admin