XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim works but says nothing is plugged in when i plug everything in.  (Read 396 times)

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BostonMadeLeoYT
I tried to factory reset and firmware update but it still won't work even though everything is plugged in
« Last Edit: 09:50 AM - 07/14/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. Is this a XIM APEX? If so, there is more than one cause for this but it's usually setup related. To help fix the issue can you please go through the list linked below and share the results from each step?

Some of the results will pass assuming that your non-XIM devices are working normally. We can use the combined results from each numbered step to find a solution. Please share your results in a numbered list.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=61565.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
 i didn't find a solution there

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
To help fix the issue can you please go through the list linked below and share the results from each step?

Some of the results will pass assuming that your non-XIM devices are working normally. We can use the combined results from each numbered step to find a solution. Please share your results in a numbered list.

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
1. I have usb connection as my communication method

2. their are no red and yellow lights and my mouse is charged

3. I tried another usb cable and it still didnít work

4. I plugged the usb cable into the ps4 and my controller functioned properly

5. I plugged my xim apex into my pc and it turn purple because thatís the color that I made it display and I connected everything and it didnít work

6. I plugged my controller and the xim hub into my ps4 and then the xim hub flashed green and connected

7. When I plugged the xim apex and my mouse into the ps4 it showed my mouse icon but when I put my keyboard in it turns white and my xim doesnít connect to the Xim Apex manager

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thank you, this saves a lot of time.

On 6, was it one green flash or were there four green flashes in a row? It's normal to see one green flash during startup.

A white light is a crash caused by either corruption or an attached device. Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

-

In the meantime, please try reconnecting APEX to the console with only the controller and mouse attached to the hub. Watch the startup light sequence, we're hoping to see 4 green lights in a row. If this happens then your mouse should be working in a game.
« Last Edit: 09:40 AM - 07/09/20 by mist4fun »

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
6. Itís flashed green 4 times

Mouse: Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed

Keyboard : Redragon K503

When I plugged the mouse and ps4 controller into my ps4 it lit up green then blue and then my display color which is purple

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It sounds like your setup is working when this keyboard isn't connected. Since your XIM firmware is up to date another keyboard may need to be used if this isn't compatible.

Did you restore configs from a backup or from config code after the factory reset? If there was corruption before the reset this can bring it back. If you did it may be worth factory resetting again and testing without restoring old config settings.

I don't think it's power related if the keyboard is the only thing causing a white light with direct connection. You are using a high power setup though so if you do experience random stability issues in the future come back for advice on how that can be solved.

edit: Another thought, the keyboard might have a compatibility mode. Check it's manual for features that can be toggled either in software or using held key combinations.

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
Iím going to try to restore my Configs. But why does my keyboard all of a sudden is incompatible with the xim apex?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
There's a misunderstanding. The advice is to factory reset without restoring configs. Do not restore from backup and do not paste config code. Try this:

1) Factory reset using latest build (http://xim.tech/latest)
2) Connect APEX to console with nothing attached to the APEX port (hub disconnected too)
2) Create a new config with default settings
3) Attach keyboard directly to APEX

Does APEX white light after these steps? Does it show a keyboard icon?

If it does white light try disabling keyboard lighting using the keyboards lighting keys or through software if this is possible and repeat the test. Sometimes the power load on startup can prevent things from working if it's high enough but I don't recall it causing a white light.

-

It worked in the past, if so for how long? I'm not sure why it would suddenly start crashing APEX like this unless it's due to corruption. Hopefully the above advice helps.

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
Iím downloading the software right now. I had my xim apex for 2 months and now it suddenly stop working 2 weeks ago

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
Their is no software for my keyboard

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
When I plug my keyboard and my xim (no hub) my xim turns white and canít connect to the xim manager.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks for doing the test.

Have you recently adjusting keyboard lighting profiles or have there been other changes with the keyboard like a firmware update,  key assignment, macro changes specific to the keyboard?

Also, were you able to test disabling the lighting then connecting the keyboard to APEX to check for a white light? If it can't be done in software it usually can be done using a keyboard shortcut unique to your keyboard.

Offline BostonMadeLeo

• View Profile
Their is no way for me to adjust the lights on my keyboard because their isnít a software for it and when I connect it to the xim it wonít turn on but when I connect it to my pc without the xim it will connect