XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Apex Legends ST ADS Problem  (Read 269 times)

Offline Gjin Yuko

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Gjin Yuko
  • PSN ID: Gjin_Yuko
[RESOLVED] Apex Legends ST ADS Problem
« on: 12:57 AM - 07/08/20 »
Hey,

Im facing a problem currently with my Apex config, when press ads on my Apex config nothing happens, i tried to create a new config, looked that the ads button is bound to LT on the Controller and its still stuck in hip mode .. When i press LT the Manager shows (PC Wired mode) that LT is pressed and sys that it is in ADS Subconfig, but when i connect the xim to my xbox it stays on the same Color the config is created and it doesnt flash when LT is pressed.

I tried to create a ps4 config just for fun and the same problem occurs.

What could it be?
« Last Edit: 09:02 AM - 07/16/20 by mist4fun »
3200 DPI and Sync OFF is the way to Go!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Apex Legends ST ADS Problem
« Reply #1 on: 09:12 AM - 07/08/20 »
Are you pressing LT on the controller and wanting it to activate the ADS page? Also, is the default in-game button layout used?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Gjin Yuko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:30 PM - 07/09/20 »
Are you pressing LT on the controller and wanting it to activate the ADS page? Also, is the default in-game button layout used?

Exactly, Its the default in-game setting -In my config tab there is LT bounded to activate the ads sub config. But when i press LT on my controller the xim doesnt even change ligtning..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:08 AM - 07/10/20 »
The ADS key needs to be assigned in two places to work correctly, on the Hip page in the button section as well on the ADS page as the activation key. If this is set correctly and it doesn't work try assigning both the ADS button and the ADS activation key to any other button to see if using another peripheral button helps.

If this isn't working correctly it may be corruption creating a new config without pasting code from the previous config should resolve the issue. If it doesn't then factory resetting without restoring a backup and without using config code is what I would try next.

Offline Gjin Yuko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:35 PM - 07/10/20 »
The ADS key needs to be assigned in two places to work correctly, on the Hip page in the button section as well on the ADS page as the activation key. If this is set correctly and it doesn't work try assigning both the ADS button and the ADS activation key to any other button to see if using another peripheral button helps.

If this isn't working correctly it may be corruption creating a new config without pasting code from the previous config should resolve the issue. If it doesn't then factory resetting without restoring a backup and without using config code is what I would try next.
Hey mist, ive tried everything you said and still the ads config is not getting activated. Its only with the apex st bro

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Apex Legends ST ADS Problem
« Reply #5 on: 09:11 AM - 07/13/20 »
LT on the controller can't activate your XIM's ADS config because it's the authentication controller. If you're wanting to use the physical LT button to activate ADS then a second controller from another game platform would be needed. Or ADS could be assigned to the mouse or another peripheral.

Offline Gjin Yuko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:37 PM - 07/13/20 »
LT on the controller can't activate your XIM's ADS config because it's the authentication controller. If you're wanting to use the physical LT button to activate ADS then a second controller from another game platform would be needed. Or ADS could be assigned to the mouse or another peripheral.

On all the other configs LT works as a activation key mist

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:42 PM - 07/13/20 »
I'll need to check the behavior but re reading your original post, it's normal for the controller to respond correctly (activate ads page) in wired config mode because it's seen as a regular joystick.

What game configs allow you to activate the ADS page with LT?

Offline Gjin Yuko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:51 PM - 07/13/20 »
I'll need to check the behavior but re reading your original post, it's normal for the controller to respond correctly (activate ads page) in wired config mode because it's seen as a regular joystick.

What game configs allow you to activate the ADS page with LT?
Tested BFV and BF4 they work but BO4 and Apex do not. I dont know how many doesnt work..

Tried Factory reset, different Firmware, new config and a back up config nothing worked
« Last Edit: 09:48 PM - 07/13/20 by Gjin Yuko »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:36 AM - 07/15/20 »
One of these days I'll remember that we can actually use the authentication controller for assignments with APEX now. :)

This is working on my end, LT on the controller activates ADS and the ADS profile in Apex Legends and BO4. If this isn't working for you then I would try these steps. Beyond these steps I don't know of a reason why this would affect some configs but not others.

1) Factory reset APEX using the latest firmware. You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

2) Create a new config without restoring a backup and without pasting config/ballistics code.

3) Verify the in-game button layout is set to default and other game settings match the game settings page (http://xim.tech/settings)

4) Verify there aren't other game settings that involve ADS or LT that could cause a conflict.

5) Open the newly created default config and change only the LT/ADS assignments in the config before testing.

Offline Gjin Yuko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:58 PM - 07/15/20 »
One of these days I'll remember that we can actually use the authentication controller for assignments with APEX now. :)

This is working on my end, LT on the controller activates ADS and the ADS profile in Apex Legends and BO4. If this isn't working for you then I would try these steps. Beyond these steps I don't know of a reason why this would affect some configs but not others.

1) Factory reset APEX using the latest firmware. You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

2) Create a new config without restoring a backup and without pasting config/ballistics code.

3) Verify the in-game button layout is set to default and other game settings match the game settings page (http://xim.tech/settings)

4) Verify there aren't other game settings that involve ADS or LT that could cause a conflict.

5) Open the newly created default config and change only the LT/ADS assignments in the config before testing.
Thanks mist for all youre help on the forums you are amazing :)! The problem was i had an faulty auth. controller... fixed it by replacing it. Thanks for youre reply bro appreciate youre work