XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Mouse/reticle freezes for brief moment in recent weeks  (Read 182 times)

Offline Jedi Master Bates

• Ayyy laddeh *hic* ...care to stroke me lightsaber?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DBOed
Has anyone else been experiencing (recently -- last 2-3 weeks) a freeze in mouse movement when trying to make a sudden shift of view to get on target in FPS's? Namely COD: MW and Overwatch.

It usually happens when a quick turn is combined with a jump in MW, and just a sudden quick turn in OW will result in the reticle freezing in place for a moment, until what appears to be the game catching up, and then it will resume normal function. It's frustrating because it keeps me from getting to my enemies just on the edge of my FOV without a split second freeze and reset.

I'm positive it's the in game movement speed, because my XIM blinks red when the freeze happens, but the weird part is this is a very recent problem and I haven't changed anything in my profiles in months...

Has something perhaps changed in these games?
« Last Edit: 12:51 PM - 07/02/20 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Mouse/reticle freezes for brief moment in recent weeks
« Reply #1 on: 05:38 PM - 06/25/20 »
Your symptoms point to the mouse rather than the game. Check your sensor for debris, give the pad a clean, tune the mouse to the pad and if possible, try a different mouse.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Jedi Master Bates

• Ayyy laddeh *hic* ...care to stroke me lightsaber?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DBOed
« Reply #2 on: 05:45 PM - 06/25/20 »
Your symptoms point to the mouse rather than the game. Check your sensor for debris, give the pad a clean, tune the mouse to the pad and if possible, try a different mouse.

I'll give that a whirl, but it seems unlikely since the the XIM indicates the max game speed has been reached when the freeze happens by flashing red. Or maybe I'm missing something?

EDIT: Went back to black ops 4 and it doesn't happen on this game.
« Last Edit: 06:08 PM - 06/25/20 by Jedi Master Bates »

Offline kalashnikov

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kala1981
« Reply #3 on: 12:29 PM - 07/02/20 »
Any update i have the same problem

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:50 PM - 07/02/20 »

It usually happens when a quick turn is combined with a jump in MW, and just a sudden quick turn in OW will result in the reticle freezing in place for a moment, until what appears to be the game catching up, and then it will resume normal function. It's frustrating because it keeps me from getting to my enemies just on the edge of my FOV without a split second freeze and reset.

It seems like it might be the game or console, possibly low on resources in that moment. Memory leaks can do this and can be fixed by hard resetting the console. Here's how to do that:

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos