XIM Community

[Q/A] Walk with Navi  (Read 142 times)

Offline radroy

• View Profile
[Q/A] Walk with Navi
« on: 08:03 PM - 06/30/20 »
The walk keybind doesn't seem to do anything when using a Navi. Is it possible to make this work?
« Last Edit: 09:31 AM - 07/01/20 by mist4fun »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Walk with Navi
« Reply #1 on: 09:33 PM - 06/30/20 »
It's for digital input, not analog. You already have full control over movement speed while using a Nav.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline radroy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:39 PM - 06/30/20 »
Theoretically true but I live in the real world and I need to use this because it goes to the absolute minimum which is impossible to do with my L3.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 09:57 PM - 06/30/20 »
Oh sorry, my mistake...I thought you wanted this to play video games. In the 'real world" we use these things called "feet" for walking.

They're the fleshy things dangling from the ends of your legs. Input is analog too and doesn't require an adjustable Walk speed modifier.

If you need this, you'll also need a keyboard.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline radroy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:47 AM - 07/01/20 »
I'm just looking for product assistance. If you want to be a toxic troll take your energy somewhere else. Obviously you don't understand the issue and just want to be an @#$%. It was an honest request on my part

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:23 AM - 07/01/20 »
Oh sorry, my mistake...I thought you wanted this to play video games. In the 'real world" we use these things called "feet" for walking.

They're the fleshy things dangling from the ends of your legs. Input is analog too and doesn't require an adjustable Walk speed modifier.

If you need this, you'll also need a keyboard.
   lol

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:48 AM - 07/01/20 »
I don't understand why you'd need this when you can just hold the analogue at 50% for 50% walk speed etc. I use a Nav and it's never been a problem for me.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:26 AM - 07/01/20 »
Sorry, the walk feature is built for players using digital input (keyboards) to allow separate movement speeds. The nav can do this natively so I bet that's why the walk feature doesn't support analog movement. I'm trying to think of a way to do this with current features and I don't think it can be done. Titan is another device and one of it's focuses is scripting. I don't know if this is possible through Titan scripting but it's not uncommon for players to chain a XIM and Titan together for both the precision and scripting. Maybe check with the titan guys to see if this is feasible?

Theoretically true but I live in the real world and I need to use this because it goes to the absolute minimum which is impossible to do with my L3.

Is this the case? I think the nav should be able to provide the minimum amount of movement when slightly nudging the stick. If it's not doing this try lowering the left analog deadzone value at the bottom of the XIM config.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 12:55 PM - 07/01/20 »
I'm just looking for product assistance. If you want to be a toxic troll take your energy somewhere else. Obviously you don't understand the issue and just want to be an @#$%. It was an honest request on my part
Relax, I’m just poking fun at your “real world” comment.

You’re right, I don’t understand the need as you shouldn’t have any problem doing this with a Nav and you’re limiting your mobility in the process, but a mod script on a Titan would be possible.

Which game are you playing that requires you to have a constant walk speed using an analog input device?