XIM Community

d1sable - goodbye for now!  (Read 967 times)

Online d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
d1sable - goodbye for now!
« on: 05:57 AM - 06/30/20 »
Hi all,

Just wanted to say goodbye for now, I know I'm not some sort of celebrity that warrants a post such as this but I feel I owe it to some to make sure they are not hanging on for a comeback. I still receive messages daily asking me for config advice etc.

Its also just a way to air my feelings.

Me and my wife are both key workers and with 2 young children the lockdown has been a hard graft, there has not been anytime for gaming and in any case I'm pushing 40 years old ,so found myself too tired to game when given the opportunity. I have always been an all or nothing kind of person, I don't do half measures.

On top of this I have tragically lost my younger brother to suicide, its hit me very hard.

I do plan to return when things ease, however that will likely be back to my routes of PC gaming, I have always desired to move back but the cost and space required in a house to even run a desktop PC had been an issue. I will though wait for PS5 info, I hear it could match most mid to high end PC's so its not set in stone. - So that's likely when I will come back, either on PS5 or not at all (PC).

I want to take this opportunity to thank the Xim Team for such an excellent product and support, that without I would have surely quit gaming far sooner. Nothing compares to a mouse for me.

I also want to thank the community for their support on my videos and the interaction over the years, its been a pleasure to be a apart of it.

Ill end with a little advice that helped me in my time with Xim.

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

The Xim guys ST training is top tier - its 1 to 1. Moving away from that is in my experience a very dangerous thing.

I find that for virtually any game if you put your DPI to 3,200 - 16,000 and start on default sync, 500 hrtz (1000 if you mouse consistently handles it) and use the recommended in game settings you cannot go far wrong.

For me, working on your in game smarts, using good positioning, sound to your advantage and predicting where enemies will come from (learning spawn patterns, using experience, ring placement for BR's) is half the battle.

In most games, who reacts first and shoots first should win, your aim is almost secondary.

Adding to this from an aim perspective, especially on console with dodgy AA. Your centrering when not scoped plays a huge part, using the tips I just gave above, your cross hair should never be far from where an enemy is coming from and then placing that cross hair on them BEFORE you zoom should give you the win, in fact the AA should help lock you in place.

The biggest issue I think I see from other Ximers is they try to drag their zoomed xhair after they centred incorrectly, (which can work well on PC)  this then causes the AA bubble issues most run into. They then try to add acceleration and other things moving away from 1 to 1 to compensate - to me that is not the correct way to manage it. It will make you highly inconsistent as a player and effect you differently at different ranges, IE you may be able to drag across people up close but then you will suffer at range. The AA may not kick in correctly or your tracking will be poor.

One day you will be a god, the next not so.

On that note, when you miss a shot or start to get angry with your performance I would highly advise not changing your settings as a rage reaction. Keeping things consistent for large periods if far more beneficial. Ask yourself... how could you have played that better? Sometimes of course, there is nothing you can do, in games these days we are often with a team of randoms and at the mercy of the gods when it comes to floor loot. If the team you face is a 3 man squad with any sort of talent it will be very tough no matter who you are, trying to work the team into a series of one on one fights is usually the only solution. Make them make a mistake, punish their over confidence.

Remember youtubers (myself included) only post their best videos - its the equivalent of an airbrushed model - nobody is perfect.

Likewise despite always sharing my settings (at request) but also because they do well on YouTube I would actually never copy anybody else's set up, everyone is unique. For sure you can use them as a blueprint but if it feels too fast, it is too fast. If it feels too slow, it is too slow.

If there was a God set up then every CS pro would use the same, Ninja would have the same set up as Shroud or whatever... there is no one size fits all holy grail. To use a metaphor again, its like me trying on Lionel Messi's boots and expecting to be as good.

He got there by in part due to his god given talent but more so in practicing every day of his life since about 4 years old.

Which brings me to my final point, above all else, practice is the most important factor. I think it may be impossible for someone to do anything for large amounts of constructive time and not improve at it. If you are serious about anything, half measures wont do. Keep at it, focus on the points above and only start to tweak settings by small amounts after several hours of play. At least this works for me, you may be different.

Anyway I have rambled for far too long, perhaps I will return in the future and a special thanks to Od1in who helped me with so many things and featured my videos on Xims YouTube and site.

Stay safe all, keep popping heads.

d1sable
« Last Edit: 06:05 AM - 06/30/20 by d1sable »

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
Re: d1sable - goodbye for now!
« Reply #1 on: 08:34 AM - 06/30/20 »
Thanks for everything mate, always had fun playing with you.
Good luck with the struggles, and when you get to PC gaming you can always hit me up.

Wish you the best

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:51 PM - 06/30/20 »
Sorry to hear about your family loss, take your time and im sure you will be back at one point!
Dont glorify PC gaming too much, i now climbed into the top percet of CSGO rankings and have a cheater every third or fourth game in either my team or the enemies. Stuff like that shows me that despite the console limitations you have a much nicer multiplay erexperience on consoles than on PC. Especially now since high refreshrates should also be a possibility on PS5 or Xbox Series X.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Jaxstevens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:36 PM - 06/30/20 »
Sorry to hear about your loss mate.

Thanks for everything many of your tips and Configs were extremely helpful and appreciated

Online ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 01:31 AM - 07/01/20 »
You have the same attitude to gaming as I do, d1sable. Itís mainly about knowledge, awareness and experience, and only a little about aiming, which is why Iíve never got stressed out about my XIM settings. Centering is probably the most important aspect of most gunfights: if your crosshairs are on your enemy before he gets to react to you, youíll win, all other things being equal. And Iíve expressed my opinion on your centering ability before - itís excellent.

I lost my youngest brother a few years ago so I share your pain. I was devastated. Although the circumstances were different, I found it helped to not blame myself, but rather to learn from the experience, remember him when he was happy and well and try to appreciate my nearest and dearest more.

I very much appreciate the struggle key workers go through to keep us safe and the country running. Thank you.

I hope to read your new posts when you get your PS5. :D

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.7k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #5 on: 01:56 AM - 07/01/20 »
sorry about your brother man no good at all hope you can overcome this during a hard time will await your reutrn if you do peace out for now mate

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:40 AM - 07/01/20 »
Sorry to hear of your loss mate. All the best and I hope to see CoD configs from you on PS5  8)

Centering is probably the most important aspect of most gunfights: if your crosshairs are on your enemy before he gets to react to you, youíll win, all other things being equal.

This or just pre-aiming in general. I win a lot of gunfights without even taking a bullet in MP just by jumping around a corner in ADS. If I see someone I just have to flick onto them, by the time they've recovered from sprinting and gone through the ADS delay they're already dead.

Dont glorify PC gaming too much, i now climbed into the top percet of CSGO rankings and have a cheater every third or fourth game in either my team or the enemies. Stuff like that shows me that despite the console limitations you have a much nicer multiplay erexperience on consoles than on PC.

Exactly. While PC will inevitably feel much better atm, I moved to console from PC because the PC versions otherwise suck. The dev support is second rate on PC CoDs for example, presumably because the PC version isn't making as much money as console versions, there's a smaller playerbase (may become less of an issue now crossplay is becoming standard) and like you said, cheaters are pretty common.

Offline randomusername_LOL938338

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:35 PM - 07/01/20 »
Hi all,

Just wanted to say goodbye for now, I know I'm not some sort of celebrity that warrants a post such as this but I feel I owe it to some to make sure they are not hanging on for a comeback. I still receive messages daily asking me for config advice etc.

Its also just a way to air my feelings.

Me and my wife are both key workers and with 2 young children the lockdown has been a hard graft, there has not been anytime for gaming and in any case I'm pushing 40 years old ,so found myself too tired to game when given the opportunity. I have always been an all or nothing kind of person, I don't do half measures.

On top of this I have tragically lost my younger brother to suicide, its hit me very hard.

I do plan to return when things ease, however that will likely be back to my routes of PC gaming, I have always desired to move back but the cost and space required in a house to even run a desktop PC had been an issue. I will though wait for PS5 info, I hear it could match most mid to high end PC's so its not set in stone. - So that's likely when I will come back, either on PS5 or not at all (PC).

I want to take this opportunity to thank the Xim Team for such an excellent product and support, that without I would have surely quit gaming far sooner. Nothing compares to a mouse for me.

I also want to thank the community for their support on my videos and the interaction over the years, its been a pleasure to be a apart of it.

Ill end with a little advice that helped me in my time with Xim.

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

The Xim guys ST training is top tier - its 1 to 1. Moving away from that is in my experience a very dangerous thing.

I find that for virtually any game if you put your DPI to 3,200 - 16,000 and start on default sync, 500 hrtz (1000 if you mouse consistently handles it) and use the recommended in game settings you cannot go far wrong.

For me, working on your in game smarts, using good positioning, sound to your advantage and predicting where enemies will come from (learning spawn patterns, using experience, ring placement for BR's) is half the battle.

In most games, who reacts first and shoots first should win, your aim is almost secondary.

Adding to this from an aim perspective, especially on console with dodgy AA. Your centrering when not scoped plays a huge part, using the tips I just gave above, your cross hair should never be far from where an enemy is coming from and then placing that cross hair on them BEFORE you zoom should give you the win, in fact the AA should help lock you in place.

The biggest issue I think I see from other Ximers is they try to drag their zoomed xhair after they centred incorrectly, (which can work well on PC)  this then causes the AA bubble issues most run into. They then try to add acceleration and other things moving away from 1 to 1 to compensate - to me that is not the correct way to manage it. It will make you highly inconsistent as a player and effect you differently at different ranges, IE you may be able to drag across people up close but then you will suffer at range. The AA may not kick in correctly or your tracking will be poor.

One day you will be a god, the next not so.

On that note, when you miss a shot or start to get angry with your performance I would highly advise not changing your settings as a rage reaction. Keeping things consistent for large periods if far more beneficial. Ask yourself... how could you have played that better? Sometimes of course, there is nothing you can do, in games these days we are often with a team of randoms and at the mercy of the gods when it comes to floor loot. If the team you face is a 3 man squad with any sort of talent it will be very tough no matter who you are, trying to work the team into a series of one on one fights is usually the only solution. Make them make a mistake, punish their over confidence.

Remember youtubers (myself included) only post their best videos - its the equivalent of an airbrushed model - nobody is perfect.

Likewise despite always sharing my settings (at request) but also because they do well on YouTube I would actually never copy anybody else's set up, everyone is unique. For sure you can use them as a blueprint but if it feels too fast, it is too fast. If it feels too slow, it is too slow.

If there was a God set up then every CS pro would use the same, Ninja would have the same set up as Shroud or whatever... there is no one size fits all holy grail. To use a metaphor again, its like me trying on Lionel Messi's boots and expecting to be as good.

He got there by in part due to his god given talent but more so in practicing every day of his life since about 4 years old.

Which brings me to my final point, above all else, practice is the most important factor. I think it may be impossible for someone to do anything for large amounts of constructive time and not improve at it. If you are serious about anything, half measures wont do. Keep at it, focus on the points above and only start to tweak settings by small amounts after several hours of play. At least this works for me, you may be different.

Anyway I have rambled for far too long, perhaps I will return in the future and a special thanks to Od1in who helped me with so many things and featured my videos on Xims YouTube and site.

Stay safe all, keep popping heads.

d1sable

Im sorry to hear that brother, hope you and your family stay safe during this crisis until it all blows over, and your videos on configs were appreciated, take care my guy

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:02 PM - 07/17/20 »
Sorry to hear this, I hope that all gets better. Welcome back to pc. I'm so glad that I've finally been able to get one. That's why I'm not as active on the forum anymore myself. See you over there on Apex :)
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline yasin

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Flips
« Reply #9 on: 03:04 PM - 07/18/20 »
Sorry to hear of your loss D. All the best and I hope to see ps5 or pc soon bro, remember dont let age stop you what you love doing keep grinding and when you back at at gaming :)

Offline SoulJSSR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SoulJSSR
« Reply #10 on: 03:58 AM - 07/19/20 »
Hey man

Thanks fof the update and also thanks for your participation in this community. I'm not particularly active in commenting but I've been following you for some time and appreciate all the hard work you have put into this forum.

I'm about the same age as you and also experiencing some similar issues so I know how you feel.

Good luck and stay well.

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TAPTDATAZZ
« Reply #11 on: 09:42 AM - 07/26/20 »
My condolences to you and your family. Stay up mate. We hope to have you back soon.