XIM Community

Maybe 125hz is the way to go?...[Solution Found]  (Read 21935 times)

Offline Dncdubbs

• View Profile
Re: Maybe 125hz is the way to go?...[Solution Found]
« Reply #195 on: 06:51 AM - 08/08/20 »
Do you leave the mouse at 1000...I just update the app... it sure if there’s a difference to having both the same.  I play sync off and experimenting between 125 and 250.

Offline Addytoostrong

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Addy too strong
« Reply #196 on: 11:22 AM - 08/08/20 »
Appreciate the help man. You're always on point and an encyclopedia of knowledge. Thanks. Im trying to learn sab.. because it simulated left stick movement right? So wouldn't in theory 30 sab make you walk slower than 100 or is that not how this works either.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #197 on: 05:10 PM - 08/08/20 »
Do you leave the mouse at 1000...I just update the app... it sure if there’s a difference to having both the same.  I play sync off and experimenting between 125 and 250.
You can safely leave the mouse at 1000Hz, XIM APEX will filter that input down to the Response Rate and pass the adjusted rate to the console.

Appreciate the help man. You're always on point and an encyclopedia of knowledge. Thanks. Im trying to learn sab.. because it simulated left stick movement right? So wouldn't in theory 30 sab make you walk slower than 100 or is that not how this works either.
SAB's purpose is to obfuscate digital keyboard input (WASD) to make XIM harder to detect. This was in response to Fortnite targeting its own native m/kb users who would jump on the Battle Bus with a controller, then swap to m/kb on the way down, thus getting into controller lobbies with an unfair advantage.

XIM 4 & APEX, as well as licenced m/kb adapters for PS4 & XB1 and a slew of assistive technology devices for disabled users, were caught in the net and would be popped out of a Fortnite controller lobby within 5 minutes of starting a match. XIM had a fix within a day or two in the form of Simulate Analog Behaviour (SAB). It was only kb users who were affected, those using Navs or controllers instead of WASD were unaffected, so it made sense to change left-stick input behaviour.

As it happened, a few months earlier I asked J2K at ConsoleTuner if he could code a mod for Titan Two that would allow me to test what would happen to Aim Assist when WASD input behaved more like an analog stick. Going back even further, RML and I had a discussion about AA in Destiny on the XIM forums. He felt AA strongly on a Nav, but it felt weak to me on a kb. Other than that, our setups were exactly the same, which sparked the curiosity for the mod.

Instead of instantly pegging a kb from 0 to 100%, the mod interpolates from 0 to 100% over a definable period of time, which affects strafe acceleration and AA stickiness. This same concept was applied to XIM along all vectors to randomise WASD input within the deadzone without adversely affecting movement and SAB was born. SAB later became adjustable, which is why Sprint will break in some games when it's set too high.

To answer the question - aside from input obfuscation, SAB is useful in games with left-stick or rotational AA, but not for moving at a constant movement speed below 100% (SAB changes acceleration, not velocity). When using a kb, SAB ramps up from 0 to 100% over 30 ms or thereabouts, so you won't be able to use SAB to hold a value of say 30 for Walking. But that's why the Walk feature exists :)

As it applies today (I assume Sony made Epic remove the input detection code within a week as it was blocking licenced devices on their console), SAB is used mostly to take advantage of left-stick AA while using WASD. Use SAB on ADS only to avoid Sprint issues in HIP.
« Last Edit: 05:36 PM - 08/08/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Addytoostrong

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 06:30 PM - 08/08/20 »
You can safely leave the mouse at 1000Hz, XIM APEX will filter that input down to the Response Rate and pass the adjusted rate to the console.

SAB's purpose is to obfuscate digital keyboard input (WASD) to make XIM harder to detect. This was in response to Fortnite targeting its own native m/kb users who would jump on the Battle Bus with a controller, then swap to m/kb on the way down, thus getting into controller lobbies with an unfair advantage.

XIM 4 & APEX, as well as licenced m/kb adapters for PS4 & XB1 and a slew of assistive technology devices for disabled users, were caught in the net and would be popped out of a Fortnite controller lobby within 5 minutes of starting a match. XIM had a fix within a day or two in the form of Simulate Analog Behaviour (SAB). It was only kb users who were affected, those using Navs or controllers instead of WASD were unaffected, so it made sense to change left-stick input behaviour.

As it happened, a few months earlier I asked J2K at ConsoleTuner if he could code a mod for Titan Two that would allow me to test what would happen to Aim Assist when WASD input behaved more like an analog stick. Going back even further, RML and I had a discussion about AA in Destiny on the XIM forums. He felt AA strongly on a Nav, but it felt weak to me on a kb. Other than that, our setups were exactly the same, which sparked the curiosity for the mod.

Instead of instantly pegging a kb from 0 to 100%, the mod interpolates from 0 to 100% over a definable period of time, which affects strafe acceleration and AA stickiness. This same concept was applied to XIM along all vectors to randomise WASD input within the deadzone without adversely affecting movement and SAB was born. SAB later became adjustable, which is why Sprint will break in some games when it's set too high.

To answer the question - aside from input obfuscation, SAB is useful in games with left-stick or rotational AA, but not for moving at a constant movement speed below 100% (SAB changes acceleration, not velocity). When using a kb, SAB ramps up from 0 to 100% over 30 ms or thereabouts, so you won't be able to use SAB to hold a value of say 30 for Walking. But that's why the Walk feature exists :)

As it applies today (I assume Sony made Epic remove the input detection code within a week as it was blocking licenced devices on their console), SAB is used mostly to take advantage of left-stick AA while using WASD. Use SAB on ADS only to avoid Sprint issues in HIP.

So for overwatch, where left stick does affect AA. Then a value of 30 or 50 won't impact my strafing or walk speed but will impact my AA.. in what way essentially? Does a lower amount mean the game thinks I'm using a lower value or does it just change the speed that the game sees me go from deadzone to the full push of a stick. Thats what I dknt get

Offline Addytoostrong

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 06:31 PM - 08/08/20 »
because sab at 115 in ow feels great but inconsistent whereas 0 feels stronger

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #200 on: 08:51 PM - 08/08/20 »
SAB's slider alters the strength of the randomisation of its code. I'm not sure if this also affects how quickly it interpolates from 0 to 100%.

SAB interacts with AA, but it's not designed for that purpose. You'll need to tweak SAB per game and possibly per weapon to find a value that works for you.

Offline Addytoostrong

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 09:04 PM - 08/08/20 »
"The strength of randomization" so over 100 sab means the randomization is maximized, which in a game like overwatch, would lead to unpredictable aim assist since aim assist is affected by both right and left anolog movement. To eliminate the randomization 0 would be ideal? Sorry for all the questions and I really appreciate you turning my poorly worded questions into educated and comprehensive answers.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #202 on: 09:24 PM - 08/08/20 »
0 would effectively disable left-stick AA when using a kb as the instant pegging to 100% movement speed eliminates the acceleration that is used by the AA mechanic. I'd personally be aiming for around 50.

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
  • Australian Youtuber 2k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #203 on: 06:41 AM - 08/10/20 »
so i use to use 0 and seem big boy saying try 50 and well f me i just dropped a 41 gunstreak first game trying it on MW aginst pc nerds safe to say im never changing it now haha should of used 50 to begin with god @#$%

Offline AndyS

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aimerul
« Reply #204 on: 07:52 AM - 08/15/20 »
I set my mouse (Zowie FK2 with 3200 DPI) to 1000hz and XIM to 125 hz because I didn't want to have jitter and stutter playing. Sync COMMON EVERYWHERE. Aim assist was pretty strong (I used a ballistic curve aswell) but the mouse response time wasn't too good. I know at 125 Hz mouse does not have a very good response time. To improve the response time I changed XIM to 250 hz but aim assist doesn't feel as strong as before. Now I have solved this, imperceptibly stutter and jitter, I would like to increase aim assist by changing sync. My question is this: Is there anything wrong with using slow sync for hip but common (or any other) sync for aim down sight? Thank you!

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 08:18 AM - 08/15/20 »
I set my mouse (Zowie FK2 with 3200 DPI) to 1000hz and XIM to 125 hz because I didn't want to have jitter and stutter playing. Sync COMMON EVERYWHERE. Aim assist was pretty strong (I used a ballistic curve aswell) but the mouse response time wasn't too good. I know at 125 Hz mouse does not have a very good response time. To improve the response time I changed XIM to 250 hz but aim assist doesn't feel as strong as before. Now I have solved this, imperceptibly stutter and jitter, I would like to increase aim assist by changing sync. My question is this: Is there anything wrong with using slow sync for hip but common (or any other) sync for aim down sight? Thank you!

There is nothing wrong with using Slow on HIP and Common on ADS.  As long as it works for you go for it!
I remember using Default HIP and Common ADS in Apex Legends and it worked very well.

Admin