XIM Community

How can I bind two buttons for my mouse and keyboard for the same button on PS4  (Read 399 times)

Offline Westwood

• View Profile
To explain this further:

On warzone, square acts for both 'use' and 'reload'.

I would like to have one button on my mouse act for 'use' and another act for 'reload'. Both these functions are pressed as a single press and are prioritised based on if you are near a usable item or not.

I imagine this is simple as they are both single presses.

Now, here comes the difficult one (might be easy, I just don't know how).

If you press triangle, it swaps weapons, but if you hold triangle, it uses your armour plates.

Is it possible to attach the press function to the 'scroll wheel up' on my mouse, and then if if I wanted to hold the button, I would hold mouse button 5 lets say.

Hopefully its simple.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Welcome to the community. This can be achieved via Secondary bindings in Actions.

Go to XIM APEX Manager, tap the ... icon near the top-right, select Global Options, then enable Expert configuration settings.

Go to your game config and you'll now see many more advanced settings. Swipe from right to left to reveal the HIP page, scroll down to Actions, tap the ... button below it, then tap the > arrow to reveal Secondary bindings. Bind one button in Primary and another button in Secondary.

I personally use scroll down for tap Triangle actions (e.g. swap weapon) and the DPI button behind the mouse wheel for hold Triangle actions. This could alternately be any keyboard key rather than a mouse button.

You can also use this to bind a single button to two actions, e.g. L1 & R1 to Mouse 4.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Suriagiven

• View Profile
It is good combination of use and act. I like your tip to run smartly PS4

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
On warzone, square acts for both 'use' and 'reload'.

I would like to have one button on my mouse act for 'use' and another act for 'reload'. Both these functions are pressed as a single press and are prioritised based on if you are near a usable item or not.

I imagine this is simple as they are both single presses.

You can't do this. All you can do is bind mouse/keyboard buttons to buttons on your PS4 controller, essentially. So you can only bind mouse 5 to Square, for example, rather than specific in-game functions. So both functions would need to be bound to separate buttons in-game for what you want to do to be possible.

For the triangle functions, just bind your scroll wheel to triangle and then use the secondary bindings in the XIM manager app to also bind your keyboard button to triangle. Scrolling for one click will just tap triangle, while you can also hold your keyboard button bound to triangle, to hold triangle. I do this for Blackout, scroll down is triangle so I can switch weapons and I can also hold a button at my left hand to essentially hold triangle to pick up a weapon while swapping attachments etc.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
You can't do this. All you can do is bind mouse/keyboard buttons to buttons on your PS4 controller, essentially. So you can only bind mouse 5 to Square, for example, rather than specific in-game functions. So both functions would need to be bound to separate buttons in-game for what you want to do to be possible.
Correct - you can't split dual-function buttons into separate bindings, that's hard-coded into the game's control scheme. But you can bind the same button e.g. Square to multiple buttons or keys.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts