XIM Community

For those of you who purchased The Azeron does the “awaiting/in production”  (Read 344 times)

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
status change during the manufacturing stage?

https://ibb.co/W66CTn6

Or is it more like one day while checking your email you have a new email from shipping company stating a package is on the way?  I’ve had so many times where these “status updates” do not work as intended, why I ask.

I’m so excited to get this device into my possession!!

I ordered it 6/6/20 and I’m Gulf Coast(Louisiana), USA... so if anyone else in these region ordered one and got it... if you could share the time it took I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I just wanted to say I have serious respect for Azeron for building a business around a fully 3D printed product. That can't be easy in multiple ways.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
I just wanted to say I have serious respect for Azeron for building a business around a fully 3D printed product. That can't be easy in multiple ways.

I have great respect for someone who sees a niche segment and has the ingenuity to start a business from the ground up.  Working out the details, investing in their dream, taking risks... also dealing with the general population(while I believe most people are good you truly do have some really @#$% people out there always looking for opportunities to rip people off)....

The time... energy.. money involved.. so much respect.

Edit: ever since I saw the Azeron I’ve wanted it.  I tried to order 1 1/2 years ago and they were so backed up they were no longer taking orders.  Think this happened twice and then for a few months I got really busy with my job, family, and some other stuff so it got put off.  So with my birthday this month I finally got around to treating myself, the Azeron.  I absolutely can’t wait to get it. 

Hence the reason for this thread.  I am hoping people who have ordered and received theirs they could let me know how long it took for them, if their status updated on the Azeron webpage, etc.
« Last Edit: 07:19 PM - 06/26/20 by Rain1dog »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
A watched pot never boils...relax, do other stuff and the Azeron will arrive soon enough. Mine took a little over four weeks from ordering to delivery.

I opened my new Azeron Compact a couple of days ago and have a few tips to expedite the process.

The first thing to do is to update the FW to Base v52.
The second is to kill or dampen the LEDs (they're very bright).
The third is to calibrate the analog stick as it may not be centred and you'll experience drift.
Finally, use the joystick profile (Profile 2, which has 360 analog rather than WASD) and setup your binds in XIM APEX Manager.

I was unable to use the Base FW or Optimized XIM FW on my older Compact due to random disconnects (even with a power adapter) and weird wheel menu behaviour (some directions were unselectable), so I used the Simple XIM FW to avoid these problems.

However, I can't use Simple XIM FW on the new one due to stick drift (calibration is not available on Simple XIM), nor can I use the Optimized XIM FW (wheel menu issue). But, I have no issue using Base FW with a calibrated stick on the new one, which is what I was hoping to do.

I need to do some more testing regarding the wheel menu issue, tweaking the analog stick deadzones and range may help there. For now, the older Compact works perfectly with Simple XIM FW, the newer Compact works perfectly with Base FW v52.

The only other thing to be aware of is the Azeron can slide around on the desk, depending on your surface. Some velcro tape will sort that out.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
A watched pot never boils...relax, do other stuff and the Azeron will arrive soon enough. Mine took a little over four weeks from ordering to delivery.

I opened my new Azeron Compact a couple of days ago and have a few tips to expedite the process.

The first thing to do is to update the FW to Base v52.
The second is to kill or dampen the LEDs (they're very bright).
The third is to calibrate the analog stick as it may not be centred and you'll experience drift.
Finally, use the joystick profile (Profile 2, which has 360 analog rather than WASD) and setup your binds in XIM APEX Manager.

I was unable to use the Base FW or Optimized XIM FW on my older Compact due to random disconnects (even with a power adapter) and weird wheel menu behaviour (some directions were unselectable), so I used the Simple XIM FW to avoid these problems.

However, I can't use Simple XIM FW on the new one due to stick drift (calibration is not available on Simple XIM), nor can I use the Optimized XIM FW (wheel menu issue). But, I have no issue using Base FW with a calibrated stick on the new one, which is what I was hoping to do.

I need to do some more testing regarding the wheel menu issue, tweaking the analog stick deadzones and range may help there. For now, the older Compact works perfectly with Simple XIM FW, the newer Compact works perfectly with Base FW v52.

The only other thing to be aware of is the Azeron can slide around on the desk, depending on your surface. Some velcro tape will sort that out.

My head is spinning from reading this.  Guess it’s going to be a lot of tickering instead of plug and playing.  I was just reading on their page something about having both analog and wasd for the stick at the same time... something about strafing.  I’ll definitely have to check for drift because that drives me nuts.

Do you remember if your status page got updated or of one day the Azeron was at your door?

Edit: Thank you for the tips... VERY much appreciated.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I got an email when the Azeron was built and ready to ship. Shipping itself was very fast, they used the quickest option and it was here within a few days. That's not bad considering I'm at the opposite end of the world.

Regarding the tips - the short answer is try to use the Base FW if possible and avoid the XIM FWs unless necessary. My original Compact had issues with Profiles on day one, so I was forced to use the Simple XIM FW just to use it. I don't see any advantage to using Optimized XIM FW (you'll see it as an option in Azeron Software), it only served to break wheel menus in some games.

I don't believe you can use analog and digital movement at the same time on the analog stick. You could bind WASD to Azeron buttons, but there's really no need. One of the default profiles is digital with kb keys, the other is analog with joystick buttons. You can toggle between the two profiles using a button on the Azeron, but all of your Action bindings will be changed in the process.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
I got an email when the Azeron was built and ready to ship. Shipping itself was very fast, they used the quickest option and it was here within a few days. That's not bad considering I'm at the opposite end of the world.

Regarding the tips - the short answer is try to use the Base FW if possible and avoid the XIM FWs unless necessary. My original Compact had issues with Profiles on day one, so I was forced to use the Simple XIM FW just to use it. I don't see any advantage to using Optimized XIM FW (you'll see it as an option in Azeron Software), it only served to break wheel menus in some games.

I don't believe you can use analog and digital movement at the same time on the analog stick. You could bind WASD to Azeron buttons, but there's really no need. One of the default profiles is digital with kb keys, the other is analog with joystick buttons. You can toggle between the two profiles using a button on the Azeron, but all of your Action bindings will be changed in the process.

Thank you.  I’ll probably ask you some questions as I get closer to getting mine with regards to updating it.

I appreciate your replies, thanks.

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile

It just shipped so around the 13th it should be here.  If it’s not to much of a bother I might ask you a few questions upon set up, if ok?

Once again thank you for all the info.