XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim Apex suddenly no longer working  (Read 193 times)

Offline fg1789

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Xim Apex suddenly no longer working
« on: 12:08 PM - 06/24/20 »
Hey Y'all,

So my xim apex has been working fine on Xbox one.

I have a logitech g402, a sony nav controller and my xbox one controller plugged in.

Ports 1,2 and 3 respectively.

It has been working fine but now the sony nav and mouse will no longer register/function. They are powered on but wont input into the xbox and any time I try to input a command it shows up in the manager but the xim flashes red and nothing happens on screen.

I tried doing a hard reset, resetting the sony nav, unplugging and unplugging the sony nav (sim manager stops recognizing it at this point.)

I've tried a few different times to do hard resets with xim unplugged and then unplugging it when the xbox powers up but all to no avail. I updated the manager but that hasn't helped either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 04:46 PM - 06/25/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex suddenly no longer working
« Reply #1 on: 04:42 PM - 06/24/20 »
The nav is prone to a lot of things that cause instability, could you remove the controller battery and nav while troubleshooting to remove variables?

It would help to know if the controller can authenticate, this is needed for your peripherals to work. Please remove the hub and then disconnect and reconnect APEX to the console with the controller directly connected to APEX while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline fg1789

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:06 AM - 06/25/20 »
Okay, so I tried that

It showed red, green, blue, teal and then stayed teal.

It does that whether I only connect the xbox controller or if the nav and mouse are connected. The app still shows the controller, nav and mouse as being connected but nothing registers on the nav and the mouse, if I move it, causes a red flashing light on the xim.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:46 PM - 06/25/20 »
XIM recognizes the mouse and your mouse input as you see by the red flashing lights while moving the mouse quickly. It's the controller not authenticating with the console that is preventing passthrough.

We can remove the hub now and check if the controller can authenticate directly with APEX. This removes the hub and your peripherals as variables. Try this.

Console on and at home menu
Disconnect APEX
Remove 3 port hub
Connect controller directly to APEX
Connect APEX to console
Look for 4 green lights

If you see green lights using these steps we know the hub or something else connecting might be a problem.

Offline fg1789

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex suddenly no longer working
« Reply #4 on: 05:39 PM - 06/27/20 »
So I got 1 green light on that step. Could it be that things are drawing too much power through the hub?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:09 AM - 06/29/20 »
There's one green light during startup that is not related to the controller, the controller lights are 4 green lights in a row. For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

-

That's a possibility but your controller doesn't seem to be working without the hub either. This is needed for your mouse and nav to work with APEX. Were you able to test other data cables with the controller?

Offline fg1789

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:47 PM - 06/29/20 »
I tested 2 separate cables and just 1 of them produced the 1 green light. For reference my start up light sequence is

Red
Yellow, blue, teal

Controller works fine without connecting it to xim.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:58 PM - 06/29/20 »
It may be connecting wirelessly, they normally do with a battery. Could you try this test?

Disconnect XIM
Remove controller battery ( important )
Connect controller directly to console

Does the controller light turn on automatically without pressing buttons?

Offline fg1789

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:34 PM - 07/02/20 »
I got the 4 green lights (rapid flash) so I assume the controller is authenticating? But I tried again to connect the hub after that and nothing.

Edit: the controller light turned on automatically when connecting straight to the xim but not through the hub.
« Last Edit: 02:54 PM - 07/04/20 by fg1789 »