XIM Community

How does XIM compare to Rewasd?  (Read 336 times)

Offline Winds Howling

• View Profile
How does XIM compare to Rewasd?
« on: 06:33 PM - 06/22/20 »
Pretty straight forward question.

I'm looking at purchasing a XIM for my PC, but I want to know how it compares to Rewasd, mainly because of how clunky Rewasd feels.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
Re: How does XIM compare to Rewasd?
« Reply #1 on: 07:22 PM - 06/24/20 »
I've never tried Rewasd but I can tell you xim on PC is a freaking laser beam. I did not change one setting besides fov  from PS4. I do have another mouse hooked up so I can navigate windows. My kd is steadily climbing since the move. I hope the maker of xim starts officially supporting PC.

I use nav controller and g502

Also forgot to mention that if feels like there's no cap turn speed on PC.
« Last Edit: 07:40 PM - 06/24/20 by YOUDID »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: How does XIM compare to Rewasd?
« Reply #2 on: 07:46 PM - 06/24/20 »
reWASD doesn't allow for full remapping on mice buttons, does something odd to sensitivity and it adds input lag. XIM APEX is a hardware solution that doesn't have these issues.

PC isn't a supported XIM platform and performance will vary from game to game as Smart Translators are made for console, not PC. That said, XIM can perform better on PC than console.

There is a turnspeed cap in PC games when using a controller and XIM is subject to all of the same constraints. One thing that is noticeably better on PC is there tends to be less recoil, which can be a struggle to manage in console games when using a mouse.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin