XIM Community

XIM APEX Review First Time XIM User Ever.  (Read 586 times)

Offline karbotilne5

• View Profile
XIM APEX Review First Time XIM User Ever.
« on: 12:20 PM - 06/22/20 »
This will probably be long, but I have a lot to say. I played on the Xbox 360 years ago and I haven't played a console since early 2014. I picked up PC gaming a few years ago and while it was insanely great using the mouse and keyboard, I moved back to console for two reasons. 1. All my friends were still on Xbox. 2. My laptop sucks for gaming.

I said all of that to say that I have a lot of experience with the mouse and keyboard. I got my Xbox One during this past Black Friday (November 26, 2017) and didn't really enjoy the controller. I looked up the XIM4 and was really tempted, but decided to give the controller more of a chance. I tried it for a few months and while I was getting better with it, I still didn't like it. I went back to looking up the XIM4 and was suprised to see a new device - XIM Apex.

I decided to take the plunge and get the APEX. When I first got the device I hated it. In fact, I was seriously getting ready to return it. The device was perfectly fine, but I disliked it for two reasons... reasons that were 100% on me and not the device. 1. I had a terrible sensitivity and that made the game play experience terrible. 2. I had been using a controller for months and wasn't as use to the mouse and keyboard as I thought I would be. Because of these two things, I almost made the decision to return the device. Then I thought to myself, let me look up some videos on how to properly work this thing and give it an actual chance.

I found this video that showed a great way to adjust your sensitivity (I can link the video if anyone is interested). I followed the videos detailed advice and found my sensitivity and everything has been absolutely fantastic. I mostly play Overwatch and I am freaking having so much fun. McCree, Hanzo, Widow, etc are now actually playable for me now. This thing is so amazing and it works flawlessly for me.

Whether I'm playing Overwatch, Smite, Destiny 2, etc this thing has pre-sets that automatically change when I press a single key. It's so amazing. F1 is for Overwatch and when I switch over to Smite I press F2 and everything is absolutely seamless.

If you're considering buying this product, I highly recommend it. I will say, though - if you've never gamed with a mouse and keyboard the learning curve can be a bit steep. My biggest advice is to stop using the controller and play with the XIM APEX only. If you switch between the two, it'll take you much longer to get used to the mouse and keyboard. Also, you really really need to find your correct sensitivity or else it really sucks to use a mouse and keyboard and you will not be able to move/aim properly.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM APEX Review First Time XIM User Ever.
« Reply #1 on: 02:07 PM - 06/22/20 »
Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the community!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Re: XIM APEX Review First Time XIM User Ever.
« Reply #2 on: 05:36 PM - 06/27/20 »
I was in the same boat, I'd never used MNK before but decided to try one out due to having tenosynovitis in my right thumb which made it really uncomfortable and inconsistent when using a controller. I searched up settings and watched all the XIM tutorial videos (including the one on how to find your sensitivity) while I was waiting for it to be delivered. It actually had me playing on a really low sensitivity which I gradually increased - it had me playing on 72cm/360 which is very slow and not great for CoD due to the fast pace. It's a great starting point but if I'd have asked people on forums if they think that's too slow for CoD I'd have been told that it is, which would have saved me a few months of playing on a really slow sensitivity and getting screwed over by not being able to turn quickly enough.

Admin