XIM Community

[ACTIVE] xim4 intermittently active with xbox one (og)  (Read 149 times)

Offline MeanMrBean

• View Profile
Hello there,

In the past month I've been experiencing some intermittent issues with my xim4. It turns on, detects all peripherals and the controller, it's obviously connected to the xbox, but the xbox only gets commands from the controller and not the keyboard and mouse. Also, lately I noticed "M Aux12" is on at all times which in my mind is a mouse key that's read as constantly pressed down. That stays even if I unplug mouse, keyboard, controller, whatever.

Things I've tried:
- restart xim4 a million times
- restart the console
- hard reset the console (hold power button, yank power cable, plug back in after a minute or 5)
- swap usb cables from controller to xim
- upgrade xim4 to latest firmware
- kill a virgin chicken and smear its blood on the usb ports of console (microsoft recommended ritual)

Any other ideas? I'd prefer not to try to find another virgin chicken if possible.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 10:49 AM - 06/21/20 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: xim4 intermittently active with xbox one (og)
« Reply #1 on: 10:49 AM - 06/21/20 »
Are you using a USB switcher or any sort of extension cables?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MeanMrBean

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] xim4 intermittently active with xbox one (og)
« Reply #2 on: 11:05 AM - 06/21/20 »
no changes in connectivity for years, I hardly move these things out of the way since I have a dedicated corner of my desk for the console and such. I used the same usb cable to upgrade firmware so I don't have much reason to suspect cables.

btw, captcha on replies is a little excessive, especially that demonic crap from google with the fadeout set to 7 @#$% seconds until you can select the new image, then there's 5 rounds of it! Also it times out while you type your reply. Oh, I get it; you don't want people to bug you! hahhaha

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 03:41 PM - 06/21/20 »
Are you getting the green initialization lights at startup?

Our forum has reached a large enough size where we are targets of excessive amounts of spam. Unfortunately we need to have these checks in there. But, they will go away for you soon.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MeanMrBean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:02 PM - 06/24/20 »
I think so, I'm not entirely sure about the sequence of lights but I do remember seeing green, flashing red, and cyan I suppose. Either way I recorded the xim4 while I factory reset it and upgraded its firmware and kept reconnecting to it from the manager app. I found somewhat of a workaround: I have to plug in the xim4 to the xbox with just the mouse connected, and after the first time it starts blinking red I have to quickly plug in the controller and joystick (keyboard). Otherwise xbox doesn't detect it as a controller and it won't work. If I don't do it at the right time I end up with a stuck aux12 as the status, does not display any keys I tap, nor does it relay anything to the xbox (except for controller keys).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo77kh829blg1ao/xim4-troubleshooting.mp4?dl=0

Hopefully the video above answers your question.

Offline MeanMrBean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:10 AM - 07/14/20 »
BUMP!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:29 AM - 07/14/20 »
The AUX12 issue is a bug in the latest XIM4 firmware. It happens when the controller isn't authenticated and/or there is no peripheral attached. It's a symptom of the problem you're experiencing now, it shouldn't be the cause but if you would like you can factory reset to downgrade to the previous firmware to avoid the bug (https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0). Your XIM should still have issues working but it won't have the flashing lights and AUX12 input.

About your issue, this is usually a setup issue but there are multiple causes for it. When you mentioned swapping cables, did you swap the controller cable with the XIM4 console cable? Or did you use two completely new data cables? Note that some cables are charge only.

The issue may be the controller itself. Xbox controllers in particular I've found have poor micro usb ports that wear both the port and the connectors attached. For example, having both console from the start of the generation I'm on my fifth X1 controller and I still only have one PS4 controller. If you have access to other original controllers it may help to test one but we could also check the status of your current controller if you don't.

-

We can verify the controller can be used in wired mode with the console next. This is required for your mouse and keyboard to work with XIM. Please run this test.

Disconnect XIM
Remove controller battery ( important )
Connect controller directly to console

Does the controller light turn on automatically without pressing buttons?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin