XIM Community

Best joystick keypad for xim apex?  (Read 247 times)

Offline Yougime

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NA
  • PSN ID: xStoba
Best joystick keypad for xim apex?
« on: 09:27 PM - 06/19/20 »
I was wondering if there are any joystick keypads for the xim that obviously provide true 360 movement. Iíve heard of the Azeron  but Iím wondering if anyone knows any alternatives that are maybe a bit cheaper yet still good

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Best joystick keypad for xim apex?
« Reply #1 on: 11:13 PM - 06/19/20 »
The next best options are Sony Move Navigation Controller (Nav) and Logitech G13. Both devices are no longer in production. I'd steer clear of FragFX and similar chucks, they're cheap and nasty.

Honestly, save your beans and get an Azeron. I have three of them - the original Classic version with ergo palm rest (the towers are clunky and the ergo shape causes pain), the more recent Azeron Compact with flat wrist rest ( great all-round, no complaints) and another Compact as a spare (I'm left-handed and nothing else is likely to come on the market).

I'm not expecting my Compact to break as I've had no issues in 18 months of solid use, but I'd rather have the security blanket of a spare because it's an excellent product and I don't want to go back to kb anytime soon.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #2 on: 11:08 AM - 06/20/20 »
I was wondering if there are any joystick keypads for the xim that obviously provide true 360 movement. Iíve heard of the Azeron  but Iím wondering if anyone knows any alternatives that are maybe a bit cheaper yet still good

The navigation, which you can find at GameStop for 1-5 dollars or eBay.  Also take a look at Azeron.  There is a thread with links to it and it looks amazing.  Has the thumbstick plus 26 clickable buttons all very easy to reach.

I ordered the Azeron to replace my Nav due to being extremely limiting with what I can do without taking my thumb off stick.  I absolutely love the Navigation but I need more buttons for actions that do not require me to be a still duck.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:25 PM - 06/20/20 »
I absolutely love the Navigation but I need more buttons for actions that do not require me to be a still duck.

Could do what I do and have a "hold to sprint" button on your mouse, freeing up your left thumb to use the d-pad etc. I don't use my DPI button on my G305 so I remapped it to H key, then in the XIM app mapped that to walk forward and L3. So I can hold that to sprint forward.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:52 PM - 06/20/20 »
You can dual-bind Actions to the same Nav button using AUX pages and activation delay.

I donít mean Primary and Secondary bindings for the same Action, I mean two Actions to the same button. For example, double-bind Sprint to tap and Walk to hold on the same button.

Iíve been doing this for years (no longer needed cos Azeron), but Od1n posted a video about it on the XIM Gameplay YouTube channel.

For kb users, Sprint can be bound straight to W. Use it on HIP and disable for ADS. Likewise, Hold Breath can be bound to ADS on the ADS page.
« Last Edit: 03:58 PM - 06/20/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:45 PM - 06/20/20 »
You can dual-bind Actions to the same Nav button using AUX pages and activation delay.

I donít mean Primary and Secondary bindings for the same Action, I mean two Actions to the same button. For example, double-bind Sprint to tap and Walk to hold on the same button.

Iíve been doing this for years (no longer needed cos Azeron), but Od1n posted a video about it on the XIM Gameplay YouTube channel.

For kb users, Sprint can be bound straight to W. Use it on HIP and disable for ADS. Likewise, Hold Breath can be bound to ADS on the ADS page.

Yeah, Iím not being bothered with double bindings for buttons, I just ordered the Azeron.  The Navigation served its time..

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:55 AM - 06/21/20 »
The Sony move Navigation is amazing. If I still had mine Iíd probably use it over the Azeron just for the comfort and ease as I play with my mousepad on my lap in quite a relaxed way lol.

The Azeron is great but I donít think itís necessary. Once youíre used to one youíll play just as good as the other.

The Nav just keeps things simple, you just have to make sure your mouse has enough buttons.

Best mouse Iíve used with the Nav is the Steelseries Rival 600. The mouse compared to any other mouse Iíve used just feel liek it tracks soo well, I might buy another one and people donít seem to realise it has just the right amount of buttons to use with the Nav.

The mouse could be an issue if you have shorter fingers though, mine are quite long.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:31 AM - 06/21/20 »
The Sony move Navigation is amazing. If I still had mine Iíd probably use it over the Azeron just for the comfort and ease as I play with my mousepad on my lap in quite a relaxed way lol.

The Azeron is great but I donít think itís necessary. Once youíre used to one youíll play just as good as the other.

The Nav just keeps things simple, you just have to make sure your mouse has enough buttons.

Best mouse Iíve used with the Nav is the Steelseries Rival 600. The mouse compared to any other mouse Iíve used just feel liek it tracks soo well, I might buy another one and people donít seem to realise it has just the right amount of buttons to use with the Nav.

The mouse could be an issue if you have shorter fingers though, mine are quite long.

https://www.nerdytec.com/en/mixxxer.php?products_id=32

Yeah, I have the g502 with a ton of buttons but some of the presses are awkward especially while in a firefight and moving the mouse all over.  I absolutely loved the navigation and if you are more concerned with simplicity(not a bad term) itís right up your alley.  I love it.  I just want more.