XIM Community

Donít buy a HDMI 2.1 Monitor for PS5 / XSX  (Read 282 times)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Donít buy a HDMI 2.1 Monitor for PS5 / XSX
« on: 03:23 AM - 06/18/20 »
https://youtu.be/rtxjRSKlA7M

Give me you guys thoughts...
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Online Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Donít buy a HDMI 2.1 Monitor for PS5 / XSX
« Reply #1 on: 11:40 AM - 06/18/20 »
You definitely should buy an hdmi 2.1 monitor but considering there aren't many options available you probably shouldn't do it at this very moment. And when you do buy an hdmi 2.1 monitor make sure it has the features that make it worth buying. Like VRR and full 4k60 without color compression or compromise. 
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:05 PM - 06/18/20 »
You definitely should buy an hdmi 2.1 monitor but considering there aren't many options available you probably shouldn't do it at this very moment. And when you do buy an hdmi 2.1 monitor make sure it has the features that make it worth buying. Like VRR and full 4k60 without color compression or compromise.

But say for someone who only plays something like call of duty and doesnít care too much about 4K (if that even ties into having HDMI 2.1)... do I really need one.

See Iím just curious, at the end of the day I will probably end up buying one of the more expensive monitors such as the 4K Eve Spectrum which I guess compared to some other monitors isnít too expensive but definitely not cheap. It says it will give me what I need so I guess just to be safe.

It would be nice to have if I wanted to watch a movie in 4K I guess and 4K on YouTube does look really good haha.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Online Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:35 PM - 06/18/20 »
If anything you'd especially want it for competitive titles like COD since VRR promises a smoother frame rate with more responsive input. Also, the sharpness of 4k and having uncompromising colors of hdmi 2.1 should make enemy visibility much better which has a bigger impact on your reaction time than you can imagine.

I just wouldn't hurry to pre-order the Eve Spectrum because the features that make hdmi 2.1 worth it aren't listed in its specs.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Admin