XIM Community

Any way to bind 2 different keys to left stick forwards?  (Read 389 times)

Offline Akarl2002

• View Profile
I'd like to have one button for walk forwards, and then another button bound to both sprint and walk forwards (basically want to be able to relax my left hand while sprinting so would like to have both walk forwards and sprint on mouse 5 or similar). I looked in the manager but it seems like I cannot bind more than one key to walk forwards.

I guess I could work around this by using a separate config that doesn't inherit to build a specific 'sprint mode' (like ADS is a separate mode) and bind all 3 functions (switch to sprint, sprint and forwards) to one key but if there is a simpler way I would like to use that.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Any way to bind 2 different keys to left stick forwards?
« Reply #1 on: 08:16 PM - 06/16/20 »
Welcome to the community. Unfortunately, there isn't a straight forward way to do that outside of possible additional binding options your mouse itself provides.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:19 PM - 06/16/20 »
Suppose you could set up your mouse 5 button to a macro (if your mouse allows onboard macros) that holds two keys at once. So for example, if you have W binded to walk forward and LShift binded to L3, you could then set up a key-press macro that holds W and LShift. Again depending on your mouse, you could then potentially set that to either toggle or hold depending on your preference.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 09:37 PM - 06/16/20 »
The issue is related to auto-sprint, i.e. no need to hold W to move forward. You can can bind Sprint to W to have it auto-engage on tap and W also bound to Walk on hold, but auto-sprint might mess that up.

I used to bind Crouch and Walk to the same button in Fortnite - tap for Crouch and hold for Walk. I think I used an  AUX sub-config, I'll need to review how I did it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Akarl2002

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:12 PM - 06/17/20 »
If anyone's interested I managed to work around this like how I suggested in my initial post.
I made a separate config that doesn't inherit that included the following three functions mapped to the same mouse button.

Switch to that config
Move forwards
Hold sprint

Can now navigate using only right hand when not in combat situations and it's nice =D