XIM Community

New Apex Owner, Analog Advice Needed  (Read 529 times)

Offline AstonishingMP

• View Profile
New Apex Owner, Analog Advice Needed
« on: 02:42 AM - 06/13/20 »
Hello everyone, I just received my Apex last week and I was looking for some help picking an analog controller of some kind. I'm a PS4 and I've been using the Hori T.A.C. Grip 2 for about a year and it can be quite a handful as I have had multiple hand breaks over the years. All of the buttons on the controller half coupled with the weight has really shortened my game time down but I am an analog movement guy that has fallen in love with mouse aiming. To try to reduce some of the stress I went out and bought a shiny new G502 Hero because I always thought you could upgrade the mouse of the Hori, You can't remap more than the native 5 the Hori mouse came with so I was short on that. I had always heard the Xim was better but in the past, it was more expensive overall( still have people on eBay and amazon up charging up to $150 above site price) After already having a nice mouse and finding the site price so low I had to get one. Now My Super Long-Winded Question To You, what do you recommend? The Sony navs are getting pretty expensive for good condition ones, then there are the battery problems I keep reading about, The Fragchuk looks alright too as I don't care about the Function trigger not working, but is it otherwise ok? or the Joy-Cons? They look small and comfortable but people say the Analog-stick is junk and others say they don't work well with the Apex. I don't want to use a keyboard even with a real or mock analog-stick on it. Honestly, if this little cheapo thing worked I'd be all over it. https://www.amazon.com/FEIDOL-Wireless-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Controller/dp/B07KJQMJ8S

Offline AstonishingMP

• View Profile
Re: New Apex Owner, Analog Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: 11:30 AM - 06/13/20 »
Any suggestions? Arguments for or against the more common choices?Navi/Fragchuk/Joycon? Does anyone know if that Bluetooth Mini Joystick would work? Like I had said I have an 11 button so anything that works with the Xim that has an Analog-stick and 2 or 3 buttons would be good to go right? I can still use the PS4 controller I have plugged in to hit the non-action buttons right? like Options, select share, and the touch screen?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 01:04 PM - 06/13/20 »
Welcome to the community. Unfortunately, it's been getting harder to find analog controllers even though I personally believe it's a great way to game when used with a mouse. I use a G13 and also a Nav. Neither of which are being sold anymore. The Joycon, unfortunately, just isn't a good quality device. You won't be able to use the attached controller well since you can't map it's buttons. I, by far, prefer the G13 which you can find used online but they are overpriced unfortunately. There are some in the community that are using this: https://www.azeron.eu
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline AstonishingMP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:09 PM - 06/13/20 »
that Azeron looks wild, I just ordered a used Navi of Amazon for $48 bucks after calling every game store and pawn shop in 50 miles to see if they had any with no luck. I still have the Hori G2 I've seen people on here say that it can be used with the XIM also if I don't like the Navi I might try to use it with my g502 and just only use a few buttons on it,