XIM Community

[ACTIVE] xim broke my analog sticks  (Read 96 times)

Offline Fang3333

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Endstiled
[ACTIVE] xim broke my analog sticks
« on: 09:58 AM - 05/22/20 »
hi sry for bad english

this is my problem the xim broke since last game my analog sticks on the xbox controller i dont know how to fix it  i use pc to play

img link https://ibb.co/Jn2bgjR  the analog sticks move permanently in this way when i plug the xbox controller in and the lt rt  button isn working pls help
« Last Edit: 10:36 AM - 05/22/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim broke my analog sticks
« Reply #1 on: 10:35 AM - 05/22/20 »
Welcome to the community. Testing other cables or a controller may help. Do you have the same issue when XIM is used with an Xbox instead of a PC?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Fang3333

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] xim broke my analog sticks
« Reply #2 on: 01:20 PM - 05/22/20 »
ty and its the same on xbox its saved somehow in the controller maybe idk other controller works but will it kill the other controller 2 and but the broke controller is useless i need a fix controller are not cheap

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:32 PM - 05/22/20 »
No, XIM is just a pass through device, it wouldn't harm your controller. XIM actually has over voltage protection, if or when power is out of spec XIM will shut off to prevent damage to all devices.

I also haven't seen this reported in the past so it may be related to that controller specifically.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Fang3333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:49 PM - 05/22/20 »
but with the xim the controller work but the analog goes back to the same position like in the picture

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 05:07 PM - 05/22/20 »
XIM will not change the analog sticks on your controller.

It is impossible for XIM to write anything to your controller, which would be needed for XIM to alter the stick behaviour. Nor is it possible for the controller to be written to by the XIM. The only way to make software changes to your controller's stick behaviour is to update the controller firmware via Xbox or the Xbox app on PC.

If your controller is behaving differently when not connected to XIM APEX, that has nothing to do with the XIM. It'll be something in the Xpadder software, or the USB cable on your controller, or stick drift, which happens over time due to wear and tear.

More likely, there's something else in your setup causing the issue. Analog input can peg to one of the corners when using a device that combines kb, mouse and controller input. I've seen this with Stinky Board and Fragpedal foot pedals on XIM APEX (easily fixed by overriding the behaviour in a XIM ST).

A virtual controller on PC can cause the same behaviour. This happened last night when I used reWASD (similar to Xpadder) to change a XIM APEX that appears as a DS4 on PC to a virtual 360 controller. Again, this points to Xpadder as the cause, not XIM APEX.
« Last Edit: 05:22 PM - 05/22/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Fang3333

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:53 AM - 05/23/20 »
i did try update the firmware but theres a error and now my xbox controller dont accept any energy from battery or usb its dead