XIM Community

Mouse left & right clicker inconsistent after update  (Read 352 times)

Offline Bass Tasty

• View Profile
Hey guys. Long time Ximmer here. Love this device and community. I started with a Xim3 for Halo Reach on an Xbox 360. I've truly never had any issues with my Xim's over the years except this one that I will explain.

Been playing Battlefield a lot. Everything worked fine with my semi-auto weapons. I was able to shoot as fast as I could and as the game let me. I updated my Xim4 and immediately after my left clicker was inconsistent. It is certainly not working as it should or used to. I have tested my mouse on a couple of websites for click speed and it works fine. Both clickers as I have tried swapping controls in the Xim manager to test if it was just my left click.

Is there anything else I can try?

Xim4

Firmware version 4.00.20200203

Manager version 4.00.20171001

Mouse: Logitech G502

Offline Bass Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Mouse left & right clicker inconsistent after update
« Reply #1 on: 01:05 PM - 05/21/20 »
I think I fixed it.

In Battlefield 5 settings

- Controls

- Controller Tuning

- Controller Triggers

- RT MAX INPUT THRESHOLD was all the way maxed out. I turned it down and it fixed the issue.

Im not sure how that got changed. I must have accidentally changed it during the update process some how.

Offline AWP_GumGum

• View Profile
Re: Mouse left & right clicker inconsistent after update
« Reply #2 on: 08:26 AM - 06/10/20 »
I had the exact same issue on my XIM4 after I updated it to the latest firmware. I reverted my firmware to the previous version and that made the problem go away.

I also have the exact same mouse; more specifically, the G502 Hero. Not sure if that might have anything to do with it. I had tried another mouse I have (some cheap junk), and I don't know if it had the same issue because the mouse itself won't always register clicks (on everything I connect it to, including my PC) if I don't push down on the buttons hard enough. I had also tried my G502 Proteus Spectrum (older model of the G502), and it seemed like it may not have had the issue. The Hero's sensor is much better though, so I would rather not use my old G502.

I have mainly been playing CoD MW (the 2019 one), and there is no option to adjust any trigger options like in BFV. Have you had the issues in other games, and if so, have you found a fix for it?
« Last Edit: 08:34 AM - 06/10/20 by AWP_GumGum »