XIM Community

How to swap m/kb from PC to XIM 4 / APEX using Titan Two  (Read 2291 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Titan Two can swap mouse & keyboard from PC to either XIM 4 or XIM APEX via the KMG Capture function in Gtuner IV. Unlike XIM Link, this works reliably when using a XIM on PC. Titan Two's KMG Capture is also significantly more reliable than a USB Switch (a switch can kill kb input within a few swaps).

1. Connect mouse & keyboard to PC. Leave the controller connected to XIM. Don't connect any other devices to XIM or Titan Two.
2. Connect Titan Two to PC via the PROG port.
3. Set Gtuner IV > Device Configuration > Output Protocol to "USB Multi Interface HID".
4. In Gtuner IV > Device Configuration, select "Disable Joystick from Multi Interface HID output".
5. Create a new empty GPC script in Gtuner IV, paste the m/kb passthrough code below and transfer it to a spare Memory Slot on Titan Two. An Input Translator is not required.
Code: [Select]
#include <keyboard.gph>
#include <mouse.gph>

init {
    mousemapping();
    keymapping();
}
main {
   if(mouse_status(MREPORT_UPDATED)) {
      mouse_passthru();
   }
    key_passthru();
}

6. Connect a compatible power adapter to XIM APEX's USB hub. XIM 4 should work fine without additional power.
7. Connect XIM to a powered-up PC or console.
8. Connect Titan Two to XIM via the OUTPUT port.
9. Select the Memory Slot on Titan Two to enable the m/kb passthrough GPC script.
10. Activate KMG Capture in Gtuner IV (press F4).
11. Bind your kb keys and mouse buttons to Actions in XIM APEX Manager.

The power adapter is critical for this to work on XIM APEX. If Titan Two can't pull enough power from the XIM, USB Multi Interface HID won't work (OUTPUT LED remains unlit). Requirements for the power adapter are 5V 3A, 3.5mm x 1.35mm, centre-positive. A power adapter on Titan Two won't help (I use one), it needs to be on the XIM APEX.

Mouse DPI in Windows may need to be increased significantly (most mice default to 400 DPI) for use with XIM APEX. 3200 DPI is a good starting point, but may be too fast when navigating Windows.

To slow the mouse pointer on PC, go to Control Panel >  Mouse > Pointer Options and reduce the pointer speed. Pointer speed won't affect in-game sensitivity while playing native m/kb PC games. Game sensitivity may need to be dialled down to a comfortable speed when using 3200 DPI.

If KMG Capture drops out for any reason, Alt-Tab across to Gtuner IV and re-activate KMG Capture. To escape KMG Capture, hit Ctrl + Esc, as per the Titan Two window prompt.

Disclaimer

There are no mods in the above GPC script, all it does is forward mouse & kb input from PC to XIM APEX. Additional mods can be added to the GPC script, however anti-recoil may not work correctly because Titan Two can't read stick values from the XIM APEX in this configuration.

Mileage will vary in terms of mod detection on PC due to more sophisticated anti-cheat software. Though the risk of triggering anti-cheat software on PC using a Titan Two is extremely low, you do this entirely at your own peril. PC is not a supported XIM platform, so you're on your own for technical support.

Thanks to ME. on the ConsoleTuner Discord for helping to resolve a few issues with USB Multi Interface HID connectivity.
« Last Edit: 11:53 PM - 05/21/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline NoClemency

• View Profile
Re: How to swap m/kb from PC to XIM 4 / APEX using Titan Two
« Reply #1 on: 01:02 AM - 05/22/20 »
This sounds really interesting, but I won't lie I don't know a lot about the Titan 2 and the Gtuner's. Is there a video you can recommend as I would love being able to swap M/KB from PC to XIM APEX without have to plug and unplug. Also to clarify, this method is for using M/KB on PC and swapping it to XIM APEX to be used on PC, or are you reffering to console?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:38 AM - 05/22/20 »
Both PC and console work using a Titan Two > XIM APEX. There's also no risk of the USB host crashing, which happens when using a USB switch.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline NoClemency

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:19 PM - 05/24/20 »
Both PC and console work using a Titan Two > XIM APEX. There's also no risk of the USB host crashing, which happens when using a USB switch.

I purchased a Titan Two and set it up using your above directions. However, when I "Enter Capture Mode" my frame rate drops and locks at 30FPS in a game. How do I fix this?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 07:55 PM - 05/24/20 »
You'll need to check why the game you're playing is being locked to 30FPS for controller input.
« Last Edit: 08:15 PM - 05/24/20 by antithesis »

Offline NoClemency

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:24 PM - 05/24/20 »
You'll need to check why the game you're playing is being locked to 30FPS for controller input.

The game I'm trying to play is Destiny 2. When I simply have the controller plugged in and not doing anything special I the game isn't locked at 30FPS. It is only locked at 30FPS after I click "Enter Capture Mode". Any thoughts?

Edit: I figured out if I start the Destiny 2 the click "Enter Capture Mode" the because the game is starting it auto pulls attention to the game. And as a result, I can play the game at 200FPS. This however defeats the entire purpose of the Titan 2 as I would have to quite the game every time in order to get the game to take  focus to get my framerate. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 09:02 PM - 05/24/20 by NoClemency »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 10:27 PM - 05/24/20 »
I have no problem running 120FPS in D2 on PC using this setup.

Offline NoClemency

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:47 PM - 05/24/20 »
I have no problem running 120FPS in D2 on PC using this setup.

Same, however, how do you get Destiny the game to take focus? Again the game will run at a high frame rate, I just can't get the game to take focus after clicking "Enter Capture Mode".

When you click "Enter Capture Mode" are you using some sort of short cut key or are you moving your mouse and clicking the button? I'm currently moving my mouse and clicking the button which is my problem as Gtuner is getting my  computers focus and there for getting 200FPS while Destiny isn't getting focus and is capped at 30FPS.

I'm currently playing Borderless Windowed if that makes a difference?

Any ideas?

Below is a video of what I'm talking about.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r0xDJV6WtvVe3iCB2VlBFGa0CMNTPHwA/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 11:33 PM - 05/24/20 by NoClemency »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 12:24 AM - 05/25/20 »
I run it in Windowed Fullscreen. I activate T2 > KMG Capture via mouse on my second screen and the XIM changes to a DS4 on my primary in D2.

I just enabled FPS in D2 and mine is doing the same thing (D2 is running at 30FPS). Sorry, I didn't notice the other day - I was more focused on getting it to work than using it in game.

There's a request on the Titan Two Github for global hotkeys to make it easier to enable/disable KMG Capture, which may resolve the focus issue.

In the meantime, post a thread on the ConsoleTuner forums to see if there's a solution as Gtuner IV appears to need to retain focus for KMG Capture. You may have found a bug that needs to be addressed.
« Last Edit: 01:11 AM - 05/25/20 by antithesis »

Offline NoClemency

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:51 AM - 05/25/20 »
I run it in Windowed Fullscreen. I activate T2 > KMG Capture via mouse on my second screen and the XIM changes to a DS4 on my primary in D2.

I just enabled FPS in D2 and mine is doing the same thing - the game is outputting 30FPS. Sorry, I didn't notice the other day as I was more focused on getting it to work than using it in game.

There's a request on the Titan Two Github for global hotkeys to make it easier to enable/disable KMG Capture, which may resolve the focus issue.

In the meantime, I suggest posting on the ConsoleTuner forums to see if there's a solution.

I just don't understand how your game goes back into focus after you click "Enter Capture Mode". I'm doing exactly the same thing as you and when I do the game doesn't go into focus and therefor I'm stuck at 30FPS.

In addition, I saw the post about the global hotkeys which may fix this problem but I don't know how long it will take for them to add a feature like this.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 03:56 AM - 05/25/20 »
I'm not restoring focus to D2 with KMG Capture enabled. Alt-Tabbing back to D2 will restore the framerate, but disconnect KMG. So I'm stuck at 30FPS too.

There'll be a reason for Gtuner IV retaining focus (it's designed for m/kb passthrough to consoles, not looped back to PC) and your workaround of starting the game after activating KMG Capture may be the best option for now.

It's worth mentioning this as a problem to J2Kbr on the ConsoleTuner forums, he may come up with a solution.

Offline NoClemency

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:05 PM - 05/26/20 »
I'm not restoring focus to D2 with KMG Capture enabled. Alt-Tabbing back to D2 will restore the framerate, but disconnect KMG. So I'm stuck at 30FPS too.

There'll be a reason for Gtuner IV retaining focus (it's designed for m/kb passthrough to consoles, not looped back to PC) and your workaround of starting the game after activating KMG Capture may be the best option for now.

It's worth mentioning this as a problem to J2Kbr on the ConsoleTuner forums, he may come up with a solution.

Thank you for your feedback. I brought it up with J2Kbr and he mentioned that he will try to work on creating a feature to have Gtuner IV loose focus so the game can take focus to solve this problem in the next beta release.