XIM Community

Azeron joystick isn't working like a stick?  (Read 122 times)

Offline Suntgata

• View Profile
Azeron joystick isn't working like a stick?
« on: 01:51 AM - 05/20/20 »
my joystick feels like it still goes 0 to 100 as soon as i move it. I have 'simulate joystick' setting at 200%. I feel like it kinda works but not as controller does. I had them both side by side and the controller feels like it has a bigger "slow" area where my character goes slowly, than azeron joystick does. My azeron joystick acceleration is set to default, i dont know if that has anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: 01:56 AM - 05/20/20 by Suntgata »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Azeron joystick isn't working like a stick?
« Reply #1 on: 04:35 AM - 05/20/20 »
Firstly, there are two modes on Azeron - one is digital WASD for the stick, the other is analog. Press the button near the Azeron logo to enter analog mode.

Secondly, I recommend using the Simple XIM Firmware from W11cE, it's near the bottom of the https://azeron.eu/downloads page. The stick feels very slick and all buttons work correctly on XIM APEX. One caveat - Simple XIM FW doesn't work with Azeron Software on PC, so you sacrifice customisation.

I get disconnects using the Base FW on Azeron and the stick movement is not as accurate. The stick can probably be corrected in Azeron Software, but I can't tolerate disconnects.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Suntgata

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:31 AM - 05/20/20 »
Firstly, there are two modes on Azeron - one is digital WASD for the stick, the other is analog. Press the button near the Azeron logo to enter analog mode.

Secondly, I recommend using the Simple XIM Firmware from W11cE, it's near the bottom of the https://azeron.eu/downloads page. The stick feels very slick and all buttons work correctly on XIM APEX. One caveat - Simple XIM FW doesn't work with Azeron Software on PC, so you sacrifice customisation.

I get disconnects using the Base FW on Azeron and the stick movement is not as accurate. The stick can probably be corrected in Azeron Software, but I can't tolerate disconnects.

Theres 2 lights. I have both on when I play. I dont know which one is analog and which one is wasd. And I do have xim firmware on azeron software.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:53 PM - 05/20/20 »
So you're using Simulate Analog Behaviour at 200 on XIM APEX, with an Azeron? That could be your problem.

You already have analog, there's no need to simulate it, so disable SAB.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts