XIM Community

[Q/A] Xim setup  (Read 146 times)

Offline ZzunstablezZ

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xl Unstable lx
[Q/A] Xim setup
« on: 02:35 PM - 05/16/20 »
I would like to ask if you need a wireless controller for the xim apex. I  am having trouble with connecting up my keyboard, mouse and controller to the apex xim. The firmware has been updated and I can connect to the xim through the apex manager but can't change any of the buttons. It listens but when I try pressing anything it doesn't register the button. The xim manager recognises that the keyboard and mouse is connected but the keyboard only lights up num lock. Any suggestions welcome.
« Last Edit: 12:51 PM - 05/17/20 by OBsIV »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim setup
« Reply #1 on: 03:14 PM - 05/16/20 »
Hey and welcome to the forum,

whaat kind of mouse and keyboard are you using? Also what colour does your xim show while you are trying this? Are there any yellow lights? or is it a slow red glowing?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ZzunstablezZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:14 AM - 05/17/20 »
I am using a gaming keyboard, mouse and the name on them is  kuiyn. The name ebay gave was rainbow T6 gaming keyboard and mouse. The xim apex just glows red when I try any keyboard or mouse inputs.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:54 AM - 05/17/20 »
Can you assign your mouse buttons when only the controller and mouse is connected to the xim? So no keyboard?
If that doesnt work can you try it with a different mouse and keyboard?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ZzunstablezZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:02 PM - 05/17/20 »
I have tried connecting just the mouse, controller to the xim and it didn't work. I also tried two other keyboard and mice. These also didn't work but I have looked up different keyboard, mice that do work and have bought one that is compatible. I will get back to you when they arrive and have tested them.

Offline ZzunstablezZ

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Xim setup
« Reply #5 on: 01:25 PM - 05/20/20 »
I tried a new keyboard and mouse that was on the compatible list for the xim apex and still no luck in getting it to work. What other things can I try to see if I can get the xim to work?

Offline Addytoostrong

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Addy too strong
« Reply #6 on: 01:52 PM - 05/20/20 »
If it's glowing red - download latest firmware on computer, back up config and factory reset. Or just recreate config to be safe as it could be an error on that end

Offline ZzunstablezZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:18 PM - 05/20/20 »
Download the latest firmware and tried resting the apex. I also tried deleting the setups and creating new ones and still no luck. It still shows num lock and won't let me set any keys.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:28 PM - 05/20/20 »
We can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. Please disconnect and reconnect XIM to the console while watching XIM's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ZzunstablezZ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:08 AM - 05/23/20 »
So after trying every spare cable I had plus two other controllers. I ended up buying an official wireless xbox controller and it worked first time with a micro Samsung cable I had. 😁 Thanks for all the support. 👍🤑   

Admin