XIM Community

Looking for new mouse taser/whatever with onboard memory  (Read 294 times)

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
Looking for a new mouse that has onboard memory for keystrokes and or macros.

Iíve noticed now days they have ones that only work while plugged into a pc with a program in the background.

Looking for a mmo style mouse tons of side buttons and keystrokes that register in xim.

Something I can take from my Xbox to any other device and still have buttons and or macros ready for anything I plug it into.

Appreciate any help

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Looking for new mouse taser/whatever with onboard memory
« Reply #1 on: 12:07 AM - 05/13/20 »
Whatís your budget, playstyle, hand size and grip?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i GAC, Intel Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, GTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x .5 TB Samsung Evo SSD, 1TB Crucial MX 500, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Happy Wafflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:10 PM - 05/13/20 »
Responding to:
...Looking for a mmo style mouse tons of side buttons and keystrokes that register in xim...

Is there a list of Mice that XIM supports keystrokes for? I wasn't able to find one with an exhaustive search of the forum.
I'm having difficulty with this myself, I have a Corsair mouse that allows for hardware button remapping/masking but XIM only registers remaps events of "Mouse-to-Mouse" and not "Key-to-Mouse" maps/masks.
Any idea why this may be?
« Last Edit: 01:19 PM - 05/13/20 by Happy Wafflez »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:41 PM - 05/13/20 »
Razer mice donít typically store macros on-board, only new models with support for Synapse 3 and on-board profiles will do the job.

The closest match for your needs would be the latest Razer Naga Trinity with the swappable side plates. Check https://rocketjumpninja.com for a comprehensive gaming mouse list.

Check the Steelseries range if you want reliable on-board m or kb macros.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:57 PM - 05/13/20 »
Whatís your budget, playstyle, hand size and grip?

Iíve used a g9x since launch and still so. Should explain half of what you asked.

It works but it doesnít register keyboard strokes in xim.

It will register mouse functions as in forward/back/middle/scroll up-down.
This leaves me severally limited on what I can do. Or make a macro out of

I use the small grip. My hands arenít tiny so I assume I claw? Money is meh.
Iíve stayed with this mouse purely for how it feels in my hand and placement of the buttons I can customize under left mouse.

Because if this Iíve hoarded maybe 10 of them over the years as well.
I mean I would love to know what the Xim creators comment on this is because I would never need a new mouse period.

Could somebody @xim creator here? obsiv?

If it could be fixed Iíd even toss in some cash.
The key strokes alone are not registering in xim but do on pc from the logi G9x

Stuff

The razer mouse doesnít look bad. The center buttons kind of kill it for me but if it stores and uses macros on its own without connected to a pc like my g9x??? thanks for the suggestion. Any others?
« Last Edit: 04:51 PM - 05/13/20 by Puhz »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:30 PM - 05/13/20 »
The Corsair mouse mentioned above is about the only other MMO mouse option. It too seems to have issues binding keys to mouse buttons and XIM recognising them.

Steelseries 500 is what I'd use in this scenario, if I was right-handed - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-500. It's a similar size and shape to the g9x with an excellent sensor.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline lunchalot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:33 PM - 05/13/20 »
The  best mouse for onboard memory and programmability is the Swiftpoint Z. It works for Xim devices. You only need to program once and then take it anywhere. It has ability to assign Shift to any buttons  but with the amount of buttons to use for Xim Apex, I doubt Shift would be needed. You can do multi key or button macros, even assign mouse movement to keys. Great for driving games, you just slide mouse left and right. There  are more features on the mouse like rumble, so you know you hit a button or key.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 04:35 PM - 05/13/20 »
Agreed, Swiftpoint Z is excellent. If I could pick any mouse, this would be the one.

Left-handers are the red-headed stepchildren of the gaming world and we don't get any of the cool toys  :-\  Well...we get Azerons, so make that one.

Offline shadyemad2025

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: XX-Godly-ii
« Reply #8 on: 11:24 AM - 05/20/20 »
Does razer viper ultralight wired 16k dpi work on ps4
It has dpi on board only

But the mouse doesnít have on board that mean only dpi will save on mouse

Does this mouse works fine or not ?on ps4

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:53 AM - 06/01/20 »
Agreed, Swiftpoint Z is excellent. If I could pick any mouse, this would be the one.

Left-handers are the red-headed stepchildren of the gaming world and we don't get any of the cool toys  :-\  Well...we get Azerons, so make that one.

I ordered the naga today. This will work with XIM4 right? Or did I make a oops?

Admin