XIM Community

[Q/A] PS3 NAV controller no longer recognized by XIM Apex  (Read 423 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Q/A] PS3 NAV controller no longer recognized by XIM Apex
« Reply #15 on: 05:03 PM - 05/28/20 »
Yes, any USB 2.0 hub with at least 3 usb ports should work with your XIM. While 2.0 is officially supported 3.0 has been reported to work as well. If you're buying a new hub I would try to purchase a hub that includes a power adapter, just in case your setup needs it now or in the future.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Azi8tic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Azi8tic
« Reply #16 on: 03:36 PM - 05/31/20 »
@Mist4fun

This issue has been resolved.

I purchased a 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with power adapter from Atolla.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear this USB Hub is compadible (sp) with XIM APEX.  None of the devices appear.  I purchased a 3.0 Hub because I wanted to it be useful for future editions of XIM.  But when it didn't work, I almost gave up.

I looked up the community threads for hubs that worked.  Apparently, Atolla hubs work and the Atolla power adapter also works in the XIM APEX hub.  I didn't even know the XIM Apex usb hub could be powered.  I plugged the Atolla power adapter into the APEX XIM hub along with the devices and it worked, the NAV controller appears and was recognized instantly. 

It's safe to say that that power adapter would have resolved all of my problems day 1 when the APEX first arrived.  Thank you to you and the community for resolving my problem. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:31 AM - 06/01/20 »
I'm glad your setup is working now. It's strange that you Nav is fully charged but it doesn't work without a power adapter while connected to APEX and at the same time it works with the console without XIM connected. That's a tricky one, thanks for sharing your fix.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin