XIM Community

How to build your own, very accurate game ST's  (Read 769 times)

Offline GoodAimButATankMain

• Be, the ball!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: HowGoodsMyWidow
How to build your own, very accurate game ST's
« on: 04:46 PM - 05/10/20 »
Intro

Hello everyone, ive recently discovered a way to very closely create your own ST for any game! This will be a guide on how exactly i did all this.

What you need

Calculator, Paper/Pencil, Phone App called Seconds Count and Desmos calculator, and as much Mouse Space as possible.

Getting started

1.1. First, start up your game go into the setting's. Turn your sensitivity down as far as it will go and disable aim assist/motion blur/Aim smoothing if available. Also, if theres a deadzone slider, find the lowest deadzone you can go with before your mouse start drifting or acting wierd. Now, find a high fps area with no enemys to enable aim assist (Usually custom lobby's work best for this) and while your in your high fps spot, find a little target that has good contrast to the surrounding area (something like a switch on the wall, or a bottle) and line up your crosshair's on that target. Also move into a corner while still being able to see your target so just incase you move your character a tiny bit during testing, you can go back to the same spot to get more accurate results. Also, if the game supports custom weapons and an ADS mode, put on the most clear sight you can (Like a red dot sight).

1.2. You will now need to find the best generic config for your game. Each generic config has a different deadzone shape, so experiment with all the generic configs to find the one that best fits your game. A simple way to do this is to set your xim sensitivity to 0 and keep slowly increasing your boost value until your crosshair starts to move (ITS IMPORTANT TO GO WITH THE LOWEST POSSIBLE BOOST VALUE HERE), then try to move it in every direction. If your crosshair moves in every direction at the same rate(You may need to adjust your XY ratio), you have found the right generic config for your game. If it doesnt, then keep trying the different configs until you find it. The most common game config ive used is Generic Alpha as this is a circle deadzone, and most deadzones are circles.

1.3 Now you need to set up your config for optimal turning to reduce inconsistencies. Use slow sync, turn on max smoothing in the xim (Currently 20), and max steady aim (Currently 100). Also, turn your xim polling rate down to 125hz, and set your XY ratio to 0.

Starting the translation

2.1. Open your xim setting's and make sure your boost value is still the lowest it can go while still moving your character (VERY IMPORTANT THAT ITS AS LOW AS POSSIBLE ). Now go into the curve setting's (I will be refering to the left side of the curve as X0, and the right side of the curve as X50) and turn BOTH X0 and X50 up to 100%. This will make it so no matter how fast your moving your mouse, the game will move your character at max speed.

2.2. Now open up Seconds Count on your phone and click on "Record video". Move your crosshair's to the left of the target and click record on the app. Try to keep your camera focused on the middle of the screen the whole time, and then VERY slowly move your mouse to the right. This will make you start spinning in game at max speed. Move your mouse as slow as you can WITHOUT stopping the spin and spin as many times as possible, the more spins the better with 1 continuous mouse movement. Now once you run out of mouse space, end the video and view it. Now, go to the beginning of the exact frame you hit your target on (You can use the little arrows to make this easier) and press start. Now play the video and count how many spins you did and write this number down. Also, on your last spin, find the beginning of the exact frame you hit the exact same spot on your target and press finnish. Now, divide the exact number you got by the ammount of spin's you did to get ths exact time it took you to do one full spin. If you didnt hit it exact, you can use the previous frame to see how far your crosshair moved from frame to frame, and judge how far you missed your target by. (If in the previous frame, the target was like 1 inch from your crosshairs on the screen, and its 3 inches from your crosshair in the next frame, you can determine that u would be about right on the target at about 1/4th of the way through the frame transition). Now, subtract the time from the 2 frames to see the the exact time it took to switch and times that number by the fraction your target was off by, and add that to the first frame. Now divide that final number by the number of spin's you did to find the precise time it takes to do a full 360 and wright that full number down.

(So for an example, lets say i spun 7 times but missed my target by about a quarter of the way and the beginning of my 2 frames were at "15.750" seconds and "15.800" seconds. I would do "15.8 - 15.75" to get ".05", now i would times that number by ".25" because my target was about a quarter of the way through, and get ".0125". Then i would add ".0125" to "15.75" to get "15.7625", then i would divide "15.7625" by the number of spin's i got so it would be "15.7757" to get a precise ammount of time it took me to do a full 360 in game)

2.3. Next, you are going to find the LOWEST possible curve value you need in order to do a 360 at max speed. Go into the xim curve setting's and put both X0 and X50 to 90. Now record another video of you spinning just like the last step, make sure you start spinning on the left of the target so that you get rid of any aim smoothing the game has just like the last step too, exept this time you dont need to be as exact so one 360 should work fine. Once you end the video, do the same steps as above to see how long it took you to do one full 360, if it is taking longer to do a full 360 than the number you wrote down earlier, then increase your curve. If your doing a full 360 in the same time, lower your curve. Do this until you find the EXACT curve number you need to do a full 360 without falling short to the nearest hundreth number. (example would be something like 92.57, the character spins slower than a 360, but at 92.58 the character does a full 360 in the same time as the number you wrote down so your max curve number will be 92.58) and write this number down.

2.4. Now you are going to go into your xim settings and change X0 and X50 curve down anywhere from 30 to 50. The lower you go, the more accurate your 1:1 correlation will be, but you will also need more mouse space. Anywhere from 30 to 50 should be good. Now, do the same exact steps as step 2.2 and do as many 360's as possible while recording it. Now you should have a super precise time it took you to do a full 360 on whatever curve value you used, write this down along with the curve value you used.

2.5. Now divide the time it took you to do a full 360 from step 2.2 by the time it took you to do a full 360 from step 2.4. This number is super important so wright it down completely.

(For example, lets say i got a time of 2.053 seconds to do a full 360 from step 2.2, and a time of 8.085 to do a full 360 from step 2.4. I will do 2.0538.085 to get the number)

Making your curve

3.1. Go to this link. It's the calculator you will use to make your curve.

https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/14059931777261

3.2. On the site, click the x below the table to delete all the data. Now press the arrow facing down to make 2 data values.

3.3. On data point number 1 x value, you are going to type in the complete number you got from step 2.5. On the data point number 1 y value, you are going to type in the curve number you used in step 2.4 WITH a decimal in front of it (If you used a curve value of 30, type in .3 and if you used a curve value of 50, type in .5)

3.4. On data point number 2 x value, you are going to type in 1. And on data point number 2 y value, you are going to type in the exact curve value u got from step 3.3. (If your curve value was 92.58, type in .9258).

3.5. Now click the "Execute" button so the calculator can come up with the formula for you. This should give you values for the variable "A" and the variable "B" in a table. Write these down fully because they are important.

3.6. Now open up the desmos app, and type in:

y=("A" value)x^("B" value)

3.7. Now in desmos, add a new equation and type in:

x=.02

This will give you the 2nd data point on your xim curve (Since the first point will be set to 0). To enter it, click the arrow pointing to the right one time, and type in the value desmos says but move the decimal over 2 places (So if desmos says "x=.02,y=.1283", then type in 12.83 in the xim curve.)

3.8. Now type in x=.04 on desmos, this will give you the 3rd data point so click the arrow once more in the xim app and type it in, and .06 will give you the 4th and .08 will give you the 5th and so on. There is 50 points in total. Keep doing this until you get to the final number which should end with the value of the curve you got from step 2.

Final steps

4.1. Now you have a accurate 1:1 translation of the game you wanted. Now all you have to do is turn your xim settings back to normal and do a few more things. Turn your xim sync mode back to default, turn your aim smoothing back to 0, turn your sensitivity back to what you like, turn steady aim to 0, and turn your xy ratio to 1. Dont change the boost value though.

4.2. Go into the game settings and turn your sensitivity back to max.

4.3. Micro movements might feel a bit funky so this step is a method i came up with that will help fix that, go back to the corner and look at the target u were using earlier. Line this target up so that when your mouse is touching your keyboard, your crosshair is directly on it. Now very slowly move your mouse to the right, only go about an inch or 2 out. and slide the mouse fast back to the spot it was touching the keyboard. If the crosshair went past the target, go into your curve settings and increase the X0 value. Do this until your crosshair starts landing behind the target, and then slowly lower the value until your hitting the target about every time.

Conclusion

Thank you all for reading. All the math involved and experimenting and everything took hour's upon hour's to do and this was all done using a phone so sorry about anything i missed. I tried to go into as much detail as possible, and ill try my best to answer any questions u guy's have! Id love it if someone could pin this post for me so the info stay's out there for anyone who needs it. Here is the link to my modern warfare linear config using this exact method shown here for proof this method works. I used a pretty high curve value when making the config because it didnt occur to me that the lower the number, the better the translation would be and my desk is kinda crowded right now so its not 100% as accurate as you could be using this method. But it is still VERY good in my opinion!

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=87297.0
Dont try to fix something that's not broken! My perfect sens:27.36cm/360

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFZX4ht4zxyo7nT3ueQPjw/about
Discord:
https://discord.gg/tbuD8RP

• Be, the ball!
    • View Profile
Re: How to build your own, very accurate game ST's
« Reply #1 on: 11:02 AM - 05/12/20 »
UPDATE 5/12/20:
While I was experimenting with creating ST's, I found a new way to do spin's without the mouse, meaning u can get much more accurate results. The only problem with this method though is that the boost option wont be enabled while doing spins. I think ive found a work arround to this, but i will need to do more experimenting with it before i post more info :) All my updates to the topic from now on will have a blue "UPDATE" at the beginning along with the date.

Discord:

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cityfriedrice
« Reply #2 on: 04:28 PM - 05/12/20 »
What about a game like Super Mega Baseball 2? You cannot spin in that game.

• Be, the ball!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:51 AM - 05/14/20 »
UPDATE 5/14/20
So i was actually doing the wrong calculations in this method, and after more testing i figured this out. This means I have to do a full rewright of the guide. I will provide a link to the updated guide once it is complete along with the new evidence :)

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=87372.0
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=87371.0
« Last Edit: 02:55 AM - 05/14/20 by GoodAimButATankMain »

Discord:

Admin