XIM Community

PEEKABOOs perfect Apex Legends configs - responsive & consistent  (Read 13228 times)

Offline MegamaN137

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MegamaN137
Not sure about the whole hard pad and soft pad difference, personally I use a soft mouse pad and a mouse called Roccat kone xtd.

If the issues are that sens it too low for you, have you gone into the Logitech software, adjusted the DPI, saved it and made you pressed "switch to onboard memory mode" before you closed. I have see alot of Logitech users find out this being the problem just clearing up if you have done that

I thought that the logitechwsoftware saves the dpi automatically after set

Offline Unknown123456

• View Profile
Nah you have to save it to one of the onboard memory slots and switch to onboard mode otherwise, cant remember it exactly but that's what it's like universally for Logitech mice, I had the G502 only for a week so couldn't tell you exactly how to do it but if you need help then pm

Offline PJHudson

• View Profile
Yeah DPI is deffo 12000 on mouse, the sens ''feels fine, I just don't seem to have the lasering effect or dodging capabilities of some of thee clips I see here, as I say I'm probably just bad, but never used to be this bad :-)

Offline PJHudson

• View Profile
Another general game thing, do you guys use auto sprint? I don't personally

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
Peekaboo that clip from the firing range is insane, I'm really struggling to control the recoil on this, but I want the set up to work for me, as I like the feel of it I struggled so much last night. To be honest as we are all friend here :-) my K/D dropped below 1 for season 5. I just can't get going. As I said I'm on Xim 4 and the sens Maria suggested feels good. I'm on Xbox though, not sure if that would make a difference. The only thing for me to try now is a hard pad, but don't want to throw more money at my set up because I actually just think I must be really bad. Just venting really. haha gg all
Some of it is practice as I religiously use the r99 whenever possible.
You most definitely can use this setup with default! Just divide the sens by 8 and use the same advanced look controls. You may not need to use as much smoothing- if any at all. Everything else should look the same.

As for the hard mouse pad. I only recommend this because I read that hard mouse pads work best If using off sync & 12k dpi since the sensor reads the dots on the hard pad better than the cloths from soft pads. And I find it to be true. I almost feel like Iím not hitting the turn speed cap as quickly, while also getting all of my mouse movements read accurately. Only downside is that the hard pad with 2 deadzone requires a steady hand, as the slippery ness allows for your mouse to shake around a bit.

Worth a try if you have $30 to spend but itís not a requirement, I used this setup on my older cloth pad when it was first created. Though the stickyness/stopping powder oF a soft pad works great with 1 deadzone as well!
And yes I use auto sprint
« Last Edit: 11:08 AM - 05/17/20 by o PEEKABOO o »

Offline roberdgreg

• View Profile
Liking these settings but feel like I have no AA? Anything I can do to adjust some settings to get some more AA pull?

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
Liking these settings but feel like I have no AA? Anything I can do to adjust some settings to get some more AA pull?
The AA is more of a bite with these configs. Small & tight. Can be easy to break out of if your sensitivity is very high. To make it stronger you can do several things:

Lower your sensitivity slightly
Increase smoothing (up to 4)
Use 2 deadzone clicks instead of 1 (this is your best bet if your using a higher sensitivity and donít want to lower it)
Last resort - use SAB up to ~25

Offline CH3NEY

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BIG_Dic_Chaney
settings feel great, anyone using these on pc? ive been wanting to play on my pc and wondering if this is the route.

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
settings feel great, anyone using these on pc? ive been wanting to play on my pc and wondering if this is the route.
Not sure how to translate this to PC unfortunately.

Offline DaTz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaTz
  • PSN ID: DaTzBrAnDoN
1 deadzone config is solid af.. my aim feels insane most of the time.. sometimes when changing targets i feel the sens is to slow but that could be the aim assist bubble or something i just need to get used to.. love it tho

Offline nakedmoose

• View Profile
Go straight to (12:46). I was speechless when I did that.

And this is on PS4?

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
PS4

Offline Crunchee

• View Profile
Has anyone tried this with 3200 DPI? Reading discussion about the hard mousepad etc got me wondering if it would improve the aim some at 1 deadzone?

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
Has anyone tried this with 3200 DPI? Reading discussion about the hard mousepad etc got me wondering if it would improve the aim some at 1 deadzone?
I like it but itís by no means a must have. I will say if using 1 deadzone with the hard pad- you must have some sort of a steady hand as the mouse is a tad slippery. I would try these settings with a large soft mousepad first and see how you like it. Hard mouse pads gives a more slick feeling and allows the mouse to read the surface more accurately so I feel more comfortable using a lower sensitivity. Makes my flicks feel snappy. Soft mouse pads allow for great accuracy since the mouse doesnít slide around, which works great if you like mid-higher sensitivities and would like to use the 1 deadzone config
« Last Edit: 11:10 AM - 05/17/20 by o PEEKABOO o »

Offline ColorFacer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ColorFace
Thanks for your work!
What firmware version are you using?
Apex Legends ST is new(4.2)?
Xim Apex,Xim4,Titan 2
PS4,PS4 Pro,SONY Nav ,SCUF Vantage PRO
G Pro Wireless ,Logitech 610

Admin