XIM Community

Warzone Parachute Config Trick  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Warzone Parachute Config Trick
« on: 10:37 AM - 04/27/20 »
Spend some extra time coming up with a new approach for the parachute and now it works very well!
- Easy to turn around quickly
- Precise adjustments can be done too
- Shooting in ADS while falling
- Speed control still possible

Setup is a bit more complicated so here is a setup video instead of screenshots :). Works for Blackout too btw.

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
Re: Warzone Parachute Config Trick
« Reply #1 on: 01:36 PM - 04/27/20 »
Thanks, will give it a try.

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:53 PM - 04/28/20 »
Would this config work once you have landed and are just using your parachute to jump from roof to roof? Doesn't seem ideal for that
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline bokyong

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:06 PM - 04/28/20 »
Would this config work once you have landed and are just using your parachute to jump from roof to roof? Doesn't seem ideal for that

This config is only for jumping out of the plane. IT works great though as you can easily down someone by ADSing while dropping.  Once you land however you must swap back to your normal ST.  The sensitivity is way to high to keep on.

I'm torn because a bunch of times I would land in a hot zone and forget to turn it off.  Dont get me wrong, the parachute portion works awesome.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 12:45 AM - 04/29/20 »
I'm not sure why this couldn't be a sub-config and activates only while say X is toggled or held. Adding extra Deactivation buttons (or releasing the hold) would then be an option in case you forget to turn in off.

I'm sure Od1n has his reasons for making it a separate config. I haven't tested it myself, so I'm just spitballing.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:52 AM - 04/29/20 »
Sadly you can only customize the WASD right and leftsick buttons independently in your HIP config and not in sub configs, therefore a second config is required for now.

Yes you can use it for that too, i would recommend it the following way
1) in your main config, secondary bindings, bind jump to a new key that is easily reachable
2) use the same key as the activation key for your parachute conifg
3) when you jump off from a rooftop use your new jump button

This config is only for jumping out of the plane. IT works great though as you can easily down someone by ADSing while dropping.  Once you land however you must swap back to your normal ST.  The sensitivity is way to high to keep on.

I'm torn because a bunch of times I would land in a hot zone and forget to turn it off.  Dont get me wrong, the parachute portion works awesome.

In that case i would recommend to not use the x4 sensitivity and 15000 boost. Use 1:1 your regular config settings except for the WASD adjustments. This should still give you a very good parachute handling and your sensitivity doesnt go through the roof :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Corné

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:18 AM - 05/03/20 »
Works like a charm! Thanks for that Od1n!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:16 AM - 05/06/20 »
Works like a charm! Thanks for that Od1n!

Great to hear man! :)

Offline compudaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:40 PM - 06/08/20 »
why cant we do this in subconfig?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:57 PM - 06/08/20 »
There were some reasons for why it doesnt work in a sub-config, one of them was the ADS shooting and activation handling. It should become pretty apparent when attempting to copy the settings into a sub-config. Id need to rewatch the video for the concrete reasons, but i thought about it several times back then and it wasnt possible to use a sub-config.