« on: 07:31 AM - 04/27/20 »
Hello did someone try this controler?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Frag fx piranha
« Reply #1 on: 10:40 AM - 04/27/20 »
Some splitfish nunchucks work with the xim but not all of them. Im sure someone who already tried that specific one will respond soon! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline nyder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:23 PM - 04/27/20 »
I ordered the Fragfx Fragchuck (PC/MAC).
I will let you know if it works, not sure if its much different than that model.

The dongle It comes with has a switch that says PS3/PC.
Console: PS4 Pro - 1TB SSD - XIM APEX - Keypad: Razer Orbweaver - Mouse: Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Ventus Z - Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 700 - - Monitor: Samsung U28E590D - Mouse Pad: Logitech G440 hardpad

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:21 PM - 04/27/20 »
I ordered the PC model also. Comes from China, so who knows when it will get here.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:48 AM - 04/29/20 »
I see the little "F" button as a shoulder button on the top of the controller at the front - is that button mappable through the XIM?

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:04 PM - 04/29/20 »
Will let you know when mine arrives. It's saying it is in US Customs right now. I think i remember reading on here that some people had issues with one of the top buttons mapping correctly.

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:06 PM - 04/29/20 »
I ordered the Fragfx Fragchuck (PC/MAC).
I will let you know if it works, not sure if its much different than that model.

The dongle It comes with has a switch that says PS3/PC.

I looked at the picture and description and i didnt see anything that says ps3 on it. I do see a controller/keyboard switch though.

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:58 AM - 05/05/20 »
got a notification today, should be here Saturday! I would like to try this thing native on PS4. I will also try with XIM and PC.

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:12 PM - 05/07/20 »
Been using the Fragchuck Fx with the APEX for almost 2 years, works seamlessly.

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:54 AM - 05/08/20 »
burnttoast,

Do you know if it will work native on PS4 in keyboard mode? I am wanting to try out on warzone?

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:32 PM - 05/08/20 »
Been using the Fragchuck Fx with the APEX for almost 2 years, works seamlessly.

May you very kindly answer this question I posted above  8)

I see the little "F" button as a shoulder button on the top of the controller at the front - is that button mappable through the XIM?

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:19 AM - 05/11/20 »
got a notification today, should be here Saturday! I would like to try this thing native on PS4. I will also try with XIM and PC.

Any updates bro?

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:23 AM - 05/11/20 »
Did not come Saturday. Tracking says out for delivery though...so it should be here today.

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:18 PM - 05/12/20 »
So it finally arrived yesterday. Just so you guys know...i got the PC version. I normally use the NAV controller with a G502.

1.) Native on PS4 in keyboard mode.
     Recognized the chuck.
     There was an input delay. (at least a 1/2 second delay) unplayable!
     One of the top trigger buttons did not work..
     I did not try in controller mode but im sure it will not work.
     So, basically a no go on this model.

2.) Paired with the XIM.
     Worked great except the same trigger button doesnt work.

Im going to try on PC this weekend and im sure all buttons will work as intended. In my opinion, it is not as comfortable as the NAV. It may be because I'm comfortable with the NAV. The only advantage on PC is having that extra button on top. Also, no extra software on PC from what i understand.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:31 AM - 05/13/20 »
So it finally arrived yesterday. Just so you guys know...i got the PC version. I normally use the NAV controller with a G502.

1.) Native on PS4 in keyboard mode.
     Recognized the chuck.
     There was an input delay. (at least a 1/2 second delay) unplayable!
     One of the top trigger buttons did not work..
     I did not try in controller mode but im sure it will not work.
     So, basically a no go on this model.

2.) Paired with the XIM.
     Worked great except the same trigger button doesnt work.

Im going to try on PC this weekend and im sure all buttons will work as intended. In my opinion, it is not as comfortable as the NAV. It may be because I'm comfortable with the NAV. The only advantage on PC is having that extra button on top. Also, no extra software on PC from what i understand.

Thanks! That's a shame about the extra trigger button not functioning. That's pretty much the sole reason I was considering buying it, that extra button being accessible while still being able to keep my thumb on the analog stick would have been really handy.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an official XIM controller optimised to be used alongside minimalist mice. The Nav is awesome but using it alongside a G305, I've had to make a lot of work-arounds to cover all bases and I'd still love to have more accessible buttons (I'd love it if the X and O buttons on it were on the back and vertically aligned so they could both be pressed with the index or middle finger easily).

Admin