XIM Community

hi can anyone answer this please  (Read 259 times)

Offline ScopeLoc

• View Profile
hi can anyone answer this please
« on: 06:14 PM - 04/26/20 »
A friend of mine can only play games if they have Legacy controls built into it. A game I want him to play is killing floor 2. He has an Xim 4. He bought it sometime back but didn't like mouse and keyboard. If he has two controllers can he use the Xim 4 to make the controller play with the sticks like Legacy in COD games? What I am asking can he use Xim 4 to map the sticks to change axis with a different one?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: hi can anyone answer this please
« Reply #1 on: 10:42 AM - 04/27/20 »
Hey,

what exactly is the difference between default and legacy in your case? It sounds like you are not talking about the aiming behavior but about the stick axis. Such as inverted sticks where you aim up if you move the stick down.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ScopeLoc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:43 AM - 05/24/20 »
Yes the legacy is a crazy way to control a game but two of my friends "older couple" can only play games that use that. I want them to be able to play other games. Would they be able to use like a xim 4 or edge if they got one off of eBay. To change the sticks to legacy? Would they need two controllers plugged in just to do that? No mouse and kb used?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:11 PM - 05/24/20 »
Im not sure how different the legacy settings are from regular settings but if its just about stick movement then yes you should be able to do that with a XIM Apex. But you may actually not need one, in the system settings of both the xbox and playstation you can now fully re-configure your controller including all buttons. Maybe are you can even change the sticks there.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ScopeLoc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:29 AM - 05/25/20 »
Thanks for the reply. I will try to explain the change to them.

Admin