XIM Community

NEW BETA  (Read 4056 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: NEW BETA
« Reply #15 on: 02:07 AM - 04/23/20 »
On XIM4, low DPI and high sens values (100+) would cause pixel-skipping. Have you tried that as well as 125Hz and Sync Off?

You also have to remember that game engines have changed a tonne over the last 5 years. There’s more hand-holding on console and AA is over the top. This negatively affects Smart Translation, so maybe your looking back on STv1 with rose-coloured lenses. Games felt better 5-10 years ago because console aim mechs more closely resembled PC with less intrusive AA.
« Last Edit: 02:17 AM - 04/23/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Nukedak1lla
« Reply #16 on: 04:50 AM - 04/23/20 »
Your absolutely right man... :( that makes alot of sense
I'm actually gunna try what you suggested.
Here in a minute
I knew something was different.. cause I remember higher turn caps too I think except on destiny lol but I was .. so dam accurate with that hawkmoon.. I miss those old days
« Last Edit: 05:03 AM - 04/23/20 by NukeDaKilla »

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05:11 AM - 04/23/20 »
And yes I am still playing lol I'm still online I been doing this like this since I was like 12 lol.. had my GED at 15 and was #1 socom 2 with the crown .. I'm 31 now.
So when I say I play, I really mean it and I have put hours on hours with the xim apex and I have a ton of great footage it's a nice device but I had taken a break from gaming fir 4 years and when I came back I instantly could feel that there was a massive difference . Which I adjusted as you see from those videos.. but now that it's all said and done. I would like to have tried STV1 just to refresh my memory and then made a final judgement as to what I think is better. But your definitely right about the changes

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:19 AM - 04/23/20 »
You see what I just told you about pixel skipping .. that's my secret man I figured that out on my own 5 years ago I would have never shared that information with anyone but i feel I had to do it lol just to explain why STV1 was so dam important.. I know that not many people had the mind to figure that out
Pixel skipping is independent of any algorithm of the game and is true aim, nothing can negate that movement... nothing it's like true damage lol it's going to cut through anything ...period but if mastered and used just right you can have insane aim... you dont need steady aim.. this is the real steady aim. No lie, it helps with tracking enemies.. controlling recoil over enemies adjusting the aim assist fully to your liking.. FULLY.. AND ALSO you can calibrate the mouse movement to your dexterity to your actual expectations of when you move your arm how your mouse behaves entirely and no aim assist can stop that. But you will still get the benefit of it ..
I find it funny how stv2 destroys that... entirely almost filling in with so much resolution and then it makes aim assist Godzilla.. a monster.. then you get all these so called "cool features" just to try to fight the very thing you guys enhanced.. lmfao what the hell.. and all those features have side effects that suck .. boost and steady have side effects.. smoothing.. all of it. You never needed any of that to begin with honestly. But oh well
I understand what happened all the players who were good with the original product were too busy owning people and having fun. Too busy playing the game while all the people getting owned were on the forums complaining.. so they were basically the ones to mold this device.. the noobs are the future.. always are. Just look how games have changed. Over the last 15 years.. really..  you know I am 31 years old and I can tell you when all this started.. the very first beta .. remember when beta testing became a thing before video games actually came out? Okay that's when feedback became important.. that's when the noobs.. the majority took over and they have been at it ever since man thiss needs to be stopped. Immediately I'm tired of it
« Last Edit: 05:34 AM - 04/23/20 by NukeDaKilla »

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:44 AM - 04/23/20 »
But I also blame game developers to I think that they have been lowering the turn caps and trying to fight against Zim users

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #20 on: 03:22 PM - 04/23/20 »
XIM is not on the radar of game developers. If they had any way to track XIM users (they don't), they'd find that we make up roughly 0.1% of their playerbase. OBsIV tracks this info via XIM APEX Manager installs (with user consent) and XIM is nowhere near as widespread as controller nubs would like you to believe.

XIM is not worth, the time or money to counter, so whenever a gaming community rages about cheaters using XIMs (and not knowing what they're talking about), the developer invariably says "We don't condone cheating, we'll look into it" and do nothing until the noise dies down.

What they are targeting is new players and trying to make it easy as possible for them to stick around for longer than one session. Hence, slower turn speeds and stronger AA to make the games easier to play.

This has been a huge blow for us as the best examples of XIM gameplay were in older PC engines with the highest turn speed and lowest AA, e.g CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, Garden Warfare etc. Aim was very crispy, AA was less of a problem. The more recent iterations of these games (except Titanfall) have gone to hell in a handbasket for us.

XIM doesn't target AA in any way, shape or form. All STs are trained in non-AA environments, i.e. with no players in the viewport. Otherwise the heavy deceleration and magnetism of AA would corrupt the look mechanics.

How AA affects STs is beyond XIM Tech's control and we, the players, need to work out how to combat AA. SA on APEX is as close as we are going to get to STv1 and from a technical perspective, quantising the input does exactly that. It's just that the games have changed so much and AA is so strong that there's only so much an ST can do to clean up the look mechanics.

This is why you see more and more XIM gamers moving to PC, where the look mechanics haven't been as poisoned by AA. Aiming still feels crispy and fast, and AA isn't as strong. Try Destiny 2 on PC with a XIM and you'll see what I mean. XIM isn't designed for, nor is supported on PC, but it does work.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:46 PM - 04/23/20 »
Okay so I just tried what you said and the problem with this translator this new translator I have to lower my DPI to an unreasonable level like 400 800 DPI in order for it to start that pixel skipping but the problem is the interpolation is too much it's out the roof because the DPI is now too low you see I used to be able to create pixel skipping with 3200 DPI so I was still getting a very accurate Mouse movement but I was getting tiny micro pixel skipping which cut through Aa and nothing  could prevent that nothing could mitigate that type of cut through the aa plus you're getting a Flawless Precision like an unbelievable amount of precision while getting the maximum amount of Aa can't do that with smart translator version 2
I remember being able to create the pixel skipping with 6000 DPI but this new translator it has so much more I don't know what it is I'm not a programmer I don't know if it's smoothing built-in or just resolution I don't know I didn't go to school for this but I just know that I cannot mimic my old configs for every game I would do that for every game I think for Battlefield I use 6000 DPI and then for Destiny I use 3200 with 500 hurts on both mice but the thing is if I need that pixel skipping I need it it's very minor so unnoticeable to the naked eye but the feel is unimaginably different and how it worked with the amoses was so beautiful it was perfect I'm talking separate from the games algorithms it was like when that pixel skipped nothing could stop that and the game algorithm wasn't conflicting there was nothing stopping that little micro pixel skipping and so all you had to do was Master the muscle memory and Design the sensitivity to your liking and you are God
« Last Edit: 03:53 PM - 04/23/20 by NukeDaKilla »

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:56 PM - 04/23/20 »
You know everything you just told me right now actually make sense and I think that in my older posts you may have heard me say that when y'all design these configs or STS I even said I said you know it feels good like when you're moving around and when you're aiming it seems like it's perfect but in practice it's awful and it has to do with the aim assist when someone's got really good movement when you're fighting them and their head glitching or you know they're jumping and drop-shotting and you know I like what y'all did I think that when I'm not aiming at actual people I think that the aiming is amazing like I can literally say that I can place my cross here anywhere I want it's perfect it's beautiful but in practice when that aim assist comes in it becomes a problem that you have I guess packed in so much smoothing or resolution because it's so smooth and beautiful like  especially if you put it on common sync what the problem is
I'm not able to produce that pixel skipping with an appropriate amount of DPI to wear my mouse is not being heavily interpolated I was able to manipulate the St basically the program and the aa and the DPI I was able to manipulate and create a micro mouse jitter that would combat  all this it was the cure for all of this literally I'm the guy that figured this out High School Dropout and it didn't matter what game developers do if I can create that same micromouse Jitter that tiny microscopic pixel skipping then I can get the beautiful aim mechanics and be able to cut through the AA bubble however I want if I still can't cut to the a bubble I just add a little more Micro Jitter how do you do that bump up the ximm sensitivity just a little more keep the DPI the same I remember clearly at 3200 DPI once I got around I think I stayed in the range of about 35 to 50 on Destiny and I think that it's 6000 DPI on Battlefield Hardline I was like at 26 and I used hip translator for  aDS on both those games and it was better I've always been that guy that uses hip translator on ads with this new ST I can't even do that but we haven't even gotten there
To create more pixel skipping lower dpi or increase xim sense.. if it becomes to fast of a look speed then dont just increases xim sense but lower dpi as well until you find it
Very simple.... very freaking simple
« Last Edit: 04:07 PM - 04/23/20 by NukeDaKilla »

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04:11 PM - 04/23/20 »
And as for game developers go I don't think they're worried about trying to determine who has your product and the reason for that is because they know that obsessive is smart enough to counter it and that they can't detect it so I think that the alternate route that they're taking is these in game look mechanics I think they are aware of the Zim I think that they are aware of how it works and I think that they are implementing things in their games 2 try to counter it or make it not as powerful because the look speed turn cap is definitely lower in Battlefield 5 then it was like Battlefield Hardline at least that's how it feels with the new St an apex Legends if your wrist aimer then just forget it and I'm a wrist aimer by the way who had to learn how to aim with his arm because of the Zim Apex and its new way of operation
That's why I want to smart translator version 1 build for the Apex So I myself can go in there and experiment and see what I can do cuz what I can do is a lot different than what people think I can do and I will never know until I find out

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #24 on: 04:20 PM - 04/23/20 »
For clarity, I'm on the XIM alpha testing team, so I have more insight than the average Joe, but I'm not a XIM employee or moderator. I'm just a guy who uses a XIM and knows a fair bit about how it works.

Try 1000Hz, it's more likely to trigger micro-jitter. It's at the other end of the scale to pixel-skipping, but might do what you want.

Offline NukeDaKilla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:33 PM - 04/23/20 »
Well please man talk to someone about this ..please help me and in turn I will post insane videos promoting this product.. explain to them if they help me I will help them.. in a big big way.. those lil clips I sent aren't crap if I can get that old feeling.. that stv1.. man.. even with stv2 have better footage than that I need a capture card tho
N yeah I tried that... not the same jitter lol both ends of the scale arent

Offline salman003

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sam003
« Reply #26 on: 10:49 PM - 05/12/20 »
Please add fortnite linear settings profile. please , please, please.   :'(

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #27 on: 11:37 PM - 05/12/20 »
There is already a Fortnite linear translator. Update your Game Database in XIM APEX Manager and you'll see it.

Offline jaystation

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01:41 AM - 05/22/20 »
Good Morning everyone, I have a request for future Betas which may seem a bit picky but here it goes.  On my mobile device I have trouble seeing the printed text on the icons in the actions tab, especially the the grey font on the shoulder buttons L1, L2, R1, R2 and the thumbsticks too R3, L3. The grey on black for me really isn't easy to see. May I ask that this text be changed to white so that it stands out more clearly on the small black icons. I understand this is a minor request but i think it may help others too.

Btw, I love the Xim products and I have been using them for quite a few years. Keep up the good work.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:02 AM - 05/22/20 »
I would like to see an icon on the xim manager displaying when mic mute is enabled.

Admin