XIM Community

Micro-aim optimizations  (Read 1188 times)

Offline StarFruit

• View Profile
Micro-aim optimizations
« on: 11:08 PM - 04/18/20 »
Ever since the update for Micro-aim optimizations my settings just feel off my aim doesnt feel as snappy, does anyone else feel the same ?, I mainly play Mw, Apex Legends, Warzone, R6

Offline Fearenity.

• View Profile
Re: Micro-aim optimizations
« Reply #1 on: 04:58 AM - 04/19/20 »
Yep iv been saying the same thing movement feels weird aim does nor feel stable at all i had almost zero recoil on the last ST and this one ruined the aim completely

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 10:05 AM - 04/19/20 »
To confirm, this is on PS4, correct?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline StarFruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:13 PM - 04/19/20 »
I'm on Xbox one X, i know that mostly Ps4 was messed up. but ever since the firmware update i cant track people as well and my aim seems to not wanna stay in place. like the other guy said i cant control recoil as good either

Offline Foxer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:57 PM - 04/19/20 »
To confirm, this is on PS4, correct?

Same for me on ps4, if this helps any

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TAPTDATAZZ
« Reply #5 on: 03:32 PM - 04/19/20 »
I can vouch for this as well. However I got used to it, but running the PS4 ST ran smoother on XBOX ONE X as far as micro movements go for multiplayer not warzone. Mist did run extensive testing and said he didnít seem to find any issue. This was happening before the big game update just after the latest ST dropped.

Offline StarFruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:27 PM - 04/19/20 »
I don't think it's any ST, I think it has to deal with the micro aim firmware once thwy released this firmware my aim has been off

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 04:50 PM - 04/19/20 »
Ok, thanks for confirming. Nothing changed with aim concerning micro-aim with Xbox. And for PS4, these fixes only exist in the translator itself. And you'd only feel it if you move your mouse very slow. The fix that was made was that some PS4 game developers actually made it so that reticle movement started at a different stick offset depending if you were turning right/left or up/down. Meaning it wasn't symmetrical. For example, moving your mouse at a certain speed to the right would cause your reticle to turn at a certain velocity. Before this change, you would moving your mouse to the left at the same speed and your reticle wouldn't move. I'm sure there are many developers out there that don't realize that they messed this up.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:14 PM - 04/19/20 »
This may be due to the way Aim Assist behaves with the new ST on ADS. Are you guys having issues with Hip movement?
Also, latency always has to be considered. I personally feel no issues with the Xbox ST on MW 2019 and this has absolutely nothing to do with Xbox, nothing changed on Xbox. The one big change is network latency since Covid-19 is packing servers these days. The last week or so my ping has pretty much doubled.

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TAPTDATAZZ
« Reply #9 on: 05:32 PM - 04/19/20 »
This may be due to the way Aim Assist behaves with the new ST on ADS. Are you guys having issues with Hip movement?
Also, latency always has to be considered. I personally feel no issues with the Xbox ST on MW 2019 and this has absolutely nothing to do with Xbox, nothing changed on Xbox. The one big change is network latency since Covid-19 is packing servers these days. The last week or so my ping has pretty much doubled.

I notice this too on how the aim assist behaves. I also never ran 500hz XIM and 1000hz Mouse. However this seemed to correct a few things. I have adjusted to how it works now. It was never on HIP.

My latency was always consistent because I run auto ping with Netduma. If I am above 20ms I back out of a game. I usually run a consistent 9-12ms. But it makes sense now because it happened while testing in bots as well.

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:04 AM - 04/20/20 »
Iím also feeling a big change in AA stickiness, but weirdly this hasnít had the effect I wouldíve expected - my aim is snappier if anything. However, I am playing with my ingame hip and ADS at 1.33x, (was at 1.5 before, but I lost the old 2.0x ADS ST from last year when factory resetting my XIM, and 1.5 is unplayable with the newest ST) so will probably be different for people playing at 1.0

Offline Foxer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:55 AM - 04/20/20 »
Ok, thanks for confirming. Nothing changed with aim concerning micro-aim with Xbox. And for PS4, these fixes only exist in the translator itself. And you'd only feel it if you move your mouse very slow. The fix that was made was that some PS4 game developers actually made it so that reticle movement started at a different stick offset depending if you were turning right/left or up/down. Meaning it wasn't symmetrical. For example, moving your mouse at a certain speed to the right would cause your reticle to turn at a certain velocity. Before this change, you would moving your mouse to the left at the same speed and your reticle wouldn't move. I'm sure there are many developers out there that don't realize that they messed this up.

So basically the changes that were made are having no effect on aim unless the mouse is moving slow.
Something must've caused the change in aim no?

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
  • Australian Youtuber 1.7k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #12 on: 10:09 AM - 04/20/20 »
ever since the last update to cod warzone last week the aim assist has been screwed with even on the controller its noticable instantly but tbh i feel its mostly due to the @#$% tick rates and server lag that warzones been going through more than anything.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 10:21 AM - 04/20/20 »
So basically the changes that were made are having no effect on aim unless the mouse is moving slow.
Something must've caused the change in aim no?

Correct, the reason why we called it "micro aim" is because you'd only notice it if you were moving your mouse very slow. Nothing else has changed with aim in this build.

Online Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #14 on: 06:08 AM - 04/21/20 »
It's the new ST. I'm having no issues using the original Apex ST compared to the new one.