XIM Community

How to setup a Weapon Wheel using an Azeron or Nav controller  (Read 832 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
A quick tut while I think of it. I'm using Horizon: Zero Dawn as the example but the same technique applies to other games with weapon wheels.

1. Open XIM APEX Manager on iOS, Android (via Bluetooth) or PC (USB only).
2. In HIP, setup the binding for Inventory to an easy accessible button or key. In my case, it's the button behind the scrollwheel on my mouse. Don't bind Inventory to a thumb button for reasons that will become obvious below.
3. Swipe twice from right-to-left to display the Auxilliary 1 page.
4. Deselect Inherit on the Auxilliary 1 page.
5. Set Activation Key on Auxilliary 1 to the same binding as the Inventory binding.
6. Swipe all the way down the bottom of the Auxilliary 1 page to the Analog section.
7. In Left X, tap the left arrow to select None. For Left Y, do the same.
8. In Right X, tap left a few times and select Joystick Left X.
9. In Right Y, tap left a few times and select Joystick Left Y.

When Inventory is held, the thumbstick on the Azeron or Nav controller is now the weapon wheel selection stick, which is significantly easier than attempting to navigate the menu with a mouse using high sensitivity or Turn Assist. Movement is unbound on the Auxiliary page to prevent your character from moving, but is optional.

Note: this won't work on a keyboard, it's for analog input devices only.
« Last Edit: 09:59 PM - 04/01/20 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Very nice tutorial and also easy to understand! I like the useage of the Axes, those hardly see some use!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
The tut is a little rough and rushed, but it gives the general method.

The objective is simply to swap the analog sticks so the thumbstick navigates the menu rather than the mouse. It's possible to keep moving while doing so by leaving the left stick Analog settings as default.

Weapon wheels feel natural & easy to use :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
A small addendum - rather than being forced to a dead stop while navigating a wheel menu (e.g while on horseback in RDR or kiting a bot in Horizon), on Aux 1 set Turn Assist to the same key that activates the Weapon Wheel and tick Left Stick.

The mouse now controls movement (nudge it in the desired direction and let Turn Assist do the rest) while the Azeron navigates the wheel menu. In a nutshell, both sticks have been swapped. Sounds daft, works great with a little practice.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Wow great idea to add the turn assist in there too, i really have to try that with my nav!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Wxstrn-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Above
I agree the transition seems off and I'm shooting circles around people or can't track nearly as good. It's off. I wish I could use my old ST as well. I feel like part of it is the new ST I'm not sure. But part is def the new firmware. My keyboard movement in game feels different as well. Not placebo, I switched back to older firmware and it felt better. But switched back to test again. The micro adjustments do feel better sometimes when in ads when you have a moment to pull your aim up. However, it's not consistent. I had curves made for hip and ads and I'm total off now.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Ok. Wrong thread?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Thanks man, I've personally always used turn assist with the mouse and an Aux config for the chat/request wheel. But I've only used this with BF games.

Offline Wxstrn-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Above
Sorry.

Admin