XIM Community

[Q/A] Why do my mouse movements feel so @#$% inconsistent??  (Read 99 times)

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
It's driving me crazy. Some days they feel great and then others they feel floaty as hell. I've tried a few different mice and even changed out my mouse pad, the problem still persists (intermittently). Has anyone else had this?
« Last Edit: 09:02 AM - 03/27/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Why do my mouse movements feel so @#$% inconsistent??
« Reply #1 on: 09:01 AM - 03/27/20 »
Which game are you playing, is it single player? Many of the games as a service games these days can feel different based on network conditions and small updates during the day.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Network connections is the most likely explanation. It's not only your connection to the server that matters, but the connection of every peer you engage with on the server.

If they have fast connections, you'll find aim and movement to be responsive. If they have a high ping, you may experience input delay and aim assist can create a rubber-band effect.

Every other factor (your gear, XIM settings, framerate etc) is a constant and won't cause variance.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Yeah good shout on the connection I think guys. Obviously due to what's going on atm everyone is at home using their internet and my ping hasn't been great. Been keeping an eye on things. When I'm getting that floaty feeling I'm on 50-70 ping. When I'm on 30 it feels great. Also it never feels floaty when I'm in bot practice in customs (I play BO4 mostly).

Admin