XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Did latest update now xim issues  (Read 152 times)

Offline flattershark

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SmartEmperor40
[ACTIVE] Did latest update now xim issues
« on: 11:15 AM - 03/25/20 »
I've had the xim for just over a month off and on trying the set up bindings for pubg that are comfortable hard time committing

anyways so I've used it maybe 5 or 6 nights playing hours just going into training i was trying to get the aux page to work for looting

so i noticed i didn't have the most current update i had 2018 update i plugged it in did that now i plug it back into xbox which was working perfectly fine was able to have either the rgb or either keyboard or the mouse but not both at same time

but now it just power faults on me even with no mouse no keyboard now controller plugged in and the led on hub does not light up

ordered a ugreen power adapter its 5v 2a center positive thought it was a 3a but it should still work it doesn't power fault but doesn't read anything no controller no mouse no keyboard i plugged controller directly into the xim

doesn't read it same with m&k if i plug the hub it comes with into pc

the computer reads it plug it into xim nothing no light just power fault

i can't go back to a older update

i have also had it plugged in a lexma 3a hub 3 foot cord plugged into all 3 usb ports I've done direct and also tried just using that hub and another one to replace the hub it came with nothing works

I've tried different usb cords charged battery and no battery feel like I've tried everything on this forum no luck anyone can think or something i could be missing very frustrating shelled out 160$ for this thanks. sorry for the long rant
« Last Edit: 04:34 PM - 03/25/20 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Did latest update now xim issues
« Reply #1 on: 04:36 PM - 03/25/20 »
Welcome to the community. If your setup is power faulting without your periperhals attached we should check if the power fault is occuring with nothing attached to APEX.

Please disconnect and reconnect only APEX to the console. Then connect the three port hub. Then connect the mouse, then the keyboard. It would be useful to know at which point the power fault occurs. Once we know this we can continue troubleshooting to find and fix the issue.

Also, I've split your text the best I can but it would be easier to read, understand, and help if you were to add punctuation to your text.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline flattershark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:08 PM - 03/25/20 »
When i plug in the apex usb hub with nothing else plugged in it power faults. thank you for splitting up sentences.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:07 AM - 03/26/20 »
Thanks for confirming. Earlier I think you mentioned that APEX doesn't power fault when peripherals are directly connected to it but it also doesn't read the devices. With direct connection the mouse and keyboard won't respond but they should power up and a device icon should show at the top of Manager. Is that happening? This can give us a clue on whether the fault may come from the hub or APEX.

Offline flattershark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:13 PM - 03/26/20 »
It does not power fault when i have the power adapter plugged in when i have the peripherals plugged into xim hub it does power fault without power adapter when power adapter is plugged in with the peripherals no icons in xim manager show up

but i am able  to use the controller normally without a battery thru the hub and xim and it functions normal but there is no icon.

The keyboard or mouse dont work while plugging in

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:42 PM - 03/26/20 »
I think there's a misunderstanding. Can you confirm if the mouse or keyboard turn on when they are directly connected to APEX without the hub? They should power on and there should be a device icon a the top of Manager. When testing this the three port hub and power adapter should be set aside and not used.

The controller sounds like it's connecting wirelessly to the console and using the cable for power only.

Offline flattershark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:01 AM - 03/27/20 »
Yes you are correct on the xbox connecting wirelessly when i unplug the battery it wont even power on all three have no power plugged in solo into xim without the hub

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:11 AM - 03/27/20 »
Thanks for verifying. There may be a contact issue between APEX and console or another issue with your APEX. I would try using APEX in another console port next and verify it's fully inserted into the port. Continue reading if changing the console port does not help.

Sometimes this can be solved by placing a short USB extension or extra hub between the console and APEX. The setup would look like this

console > usb extension or hub > APEX > APEX 3 port hub > controller + peripherals

This may help with your issue but your APEX does need repair even with this issue. If you would like to request a repair please use the appropriate link below.

If purchased from xim.tech/shop in the last year please open an RMA using your store account:
http://store.xim.tech/myaccount.asp

If purchased from another location or the purchase date exceeds one year please open a ticket in our store:
https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add