XIM Community

MW Advanced Setup (20200613)  (Read 46653 times)

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TAPTDATAZZ
Re: MW Advanced Setup (5172020)
« Reply #240 on: 08:53 AM - 05/19/20 »
This is why I wanted RML to test this when he has the time. It may be interesting to only use ďMJ Fame ConfigĒ for a Long Range Sub Config.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 08:59 AM - 05/19/20 »
@Obi

1st of all I appreciate the advice about the MJFame config. After looking at it, I remembered it and I did trial it out long time ago. But I went a head and spent a few hours with it today in FFA and TDM.

Long story short it didnít work overall for me but did help me realize something I had previously thought differently about. But 1st what didnít work.

I couldnít get used to the smoothing at such high values. I had two real issues with it
- Ads starting feeling floaty (over aiming) at values above 5-7.
- I also had problems with micro movements feeling floaty and blocky with high smoothing values.
- Hip Also felt floaty to me and when I compensated by turning turning sensitivity down slightly then movements didnít feel on par for at Iím used to, less responsive.

There was a pro though that came out of this. You made me realize that Smoothing actually does cut through AA. I had previously believed this had the opposite effect on AA.

Granted I did not try this at 800 dpi. I played at 20000 dpi like you recommended and 1000hz.

My recommendation:
Iíd suggest using 500hz. And lower smoothing values. By using those settings I was able to fix the issues I was having with this setup. I personally liked no smoothing on Hip and a value of 7 on ADS.

However, I personally found that the best settings for myself was to add 4 ADS smoothing to my current setup on page one. This has improved my setup so I thank you for that. 4 smoothing gives me the perfect AA cut through that I like. I could also achieve that by slightly raising my sensitivity. But the smoothing allows for the same cut through with lower sensitivity, which improves my overall aim and micro movements.

OP is updated.

Cheers!

Offline TopNotch1.0

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 02:54 PM - 05/19/20 »
@RML "IF YOURE USING A KB DONT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR ADS ACTIVATION KEY (Iím a Nav user)." whats the ads activation/ deactivation for KB users ?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 02:56 PM - 05/19/20 »
@RML "IF YOURE USING A KB DONT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR ADS ACTIVATION KEY (Iím a Nav user)." whats the ads activation/ deactivation for KB users ?

Whatever you want it to be, most use RC.

Offline Tuckerpwns

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tuckerpwns
« Reply #244 on: 03:03 PM - 05/19/20 »
So rml does that mean you are using ur current config at 16k dpi 500hz on xim and the curves you listed but adding 4 smoothing?

Offline eckoecko23

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 04:14 PM - 05/19/20 »
Which is active warzone config ?

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 05:10 PM - 05/19/20 »
@Obi

1st of all I appreciate the advice about the MJFame config. After looking at it, I remembered it and I did trial it out long time ago. But I went a head and spent a few hours with it today in FFA and TDM.

Long story short it didnít work overall for me but did help me realize something I had previously thought differently about. But 1st what didnít work.

I couldnít get used to the smoothing at such high values. I had two real issues with it
- Ads starting feeling floaty (over aiming) at values above 5-7.
- I also had problems with micro movements feeling floaty and blocky with high smoothing values.
- Hip Also felt floaty to me and when I compensated by turning turning sensitivity down slightly then movements didnít feel on par for at Iím used to, less responsive.

There was a pro though that came out of this. You made me realize that Smoothing actually does cut through AA. I had previously believed this had the opposite effect on AA.

Granted I did not try this at 800 dpi. I played at 20000 dpi like you recommended and 1000hz.

My recommendation:
Iíd suggest using 500hz. And lower smoothing values. By using those settings I was able to fix the issues I was having with this setup. I personally liked no smoothing on Hip and a value of 7 on ADS.

However, I personally found that the best settings for myself was to add 4 ADS smoothing to my current setup on page one. This has improved my setup so I thank you for that. 4 smoothing gives me the perfect AA cut through that I like. I could also achieve that by slightly raising my sensitivity. But the smoothing allows for the same cut through with lower sensitivity, which improves my overall aim and micro movements.

OP is updated.

Cheers!

You are welcome RML. I am glad we had a positive outcome out of this. Had quite the session of placebo there. Hmm this make me wonder now. I never thought to just add smoothing to ADS however before I would add them to both with the same value. Wonder if this was to why I reverted them both back to 0 because it totally screwed with my aim. Time to move on and test these new settings, your new config. I may be in for the shocker.  ;)

Cheers bud thank you for your hard work!  :)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 06:27 PM - 05/19/20 »
I wouldnít call it placebo, and if it works for you thatís all that really matters. Iím still up in the air on final smoothing Settings as well. I may go lower then 4. Iím bouncing between 2-4 on ADS.

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 10:07 PM - 05/19/20 »
I wouldnít call it placebo, and if it works for you thatís all that really matters. Iím still up in the air on final smoothing Settings as well. I may go lower then 4. Iím bouncing between 2-4 on ADS.

I really only had a few days to run the MJ config and I have moved on already. I think itís a good config for people starting in warzone  ďWorks well in WarzoneĒ and the more I used it I found out it wasnít for me. Used  it a few rounds in MP less of a fan here. I am all over the place with this game. Iím actually done changing settings for a while. I have moved on to your current setup still using 20k dpi. I actually left the values the same and didnít really change anything, left my dpi as it was and sensitivity was spot on to my liking. Itís definitely a change and feel more mobile in the hit box. You can move to different enemies with ease. I am going stick to this for a long time from now because i have believed in your previous setups and they have all worked out really well.

I noticed you changed the Hip Curve and I really like this how it reacts with the ADS curve. This works great in multiplayer. Did you try this in Warzone? Didnít have much time today to try the Warzone config however will be testing it out tomorrow. I set my key binds already so Iíll be ready to go. I love the hold breath sniper activation config. Thatís Genius man. I am still in search for inventory scroll and am struggling to move my mouse to go over an item to drop for teamates when time is crucial. I use a keypad. Maybe someone with a keypad can chime in.  I also changed/binded my A n D in the right stick movement box, its much easier to move left/right with the parachute config  for people using a keypad/keyboard rather than your mouse.

I will definitely play with the values and set them to my liking. I have it on 4 in MP currently and doing fairly well with this. I am very anxious to try the new Warzone setup though.

« Last Edit: 10:56 PM - 05/19/20 by Obie_1_Kenobi »

Offline mharkush

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Mharski420
« Reply #249 on: 01:54 AM - 05/21/20 »
your config work on 3200 dpi 500hz?

Offline Soul

• IGN: DJSoul Session
    • View Profile
    • SoulXim
  • PSN ID: DJSoulSeeker
« Reply #250 on: 10:18 AM - 05/21/20 »
Just wanted to thank RML for his hard work! :) I was playing on the config just before this and it felt great! Nearly had a flawless but died twice due to my own mistakes. Since the update yesterday though things feel a bit 'off' I've tried the updated one as well and its very similar to the first one, haven't had chance to try the D2 ones yet as have been on MW.

Not sure what they've tweaked but somethings changed for me, anyone else experienced this?

Offline beezjeh

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kaliii28
« Reply #251 on: 11:29 AM - 05/21/20 »
Just wanted to thank RML for his hard work! :) I was playing on the config just before this and it felt great! Nearly had a flawless but died twice due to my own mistakes. Since the update yesterday though things feel a bit 'off' I've tried the updated one as well and its very similar to the first one, haven't had chance to try the D2 ones yet as have been on MW.

Not sure what they've tweaked but somethings changed for me, anyone else experienced this?

What i have noticed is that there is micro stutter and skipping when you strafe left or right and moving your mouse also left or right.

Using the latest config, logitech g pro wireless on 1000hz and xim on 500hz

First i thought it was my new mousepad, but itís apparently it's not.
PS4 with XIM Apex
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG249Q
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex 7 QX2 Red
Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless
Mousepad: HyperX FURY S / Cooler Master MP510 / Cooler Master Swift-RX / Glorious XL / Steelseries QcK+
Audio Setup: AD700X, Antlion Modmic v4, and Sound Blaster X7

Offline Soul

• IGN: DJSoul Session
    • View Profile
    • SoulXim
  • PSN ID: DJSoulSeeker
« Reply #252 on: 12:37 PM - 05/21/20 »
What i have noticed is that there is micro stutter and skipping when you strafe left or right and moving your mouse also left or right.

Using the latest config, logitech g pro wireless on 1000hz and xim on 500hz

First i thought it was my new mousepad, but itís apparently it's not.

Yeah noticed that too, RML's config was sooooo good up until they had the update. Hopefully he can work his magic again when he gets chance :)

Offline Sequ3l

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 05:55 AM - 06/05/20 »

The curve you have in this config is That better then you new updated curve under your RML curve page? I was Looking at the two top curves you on in the curve page hip and ads for the newest xim firmware they don't look like the curves you are using in MW?

Can you tell Me why and what curves to use?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: MW Advanced Setup (20200613)
« Reply #254 on: 08:00 PM - 06/13/20 »
Updated

Admin