XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim 4 not tracking mouse  (Read 191 times)

Offline CrystalChills00

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CrystalChills00
[ACTIVE] Xim 4 not tracking mouse
« on: 07:39 AM - 03/21/20 »
Hi name is Crystal, and I bought my xim 4 about 3 or so years ago. I have not played consistently but I played enough to attest to the fact that XIM 4 / XIM APEX works and is awesome. Unfortunately life happened and I havent been playing COD as much, now that things have settled down I decided to take up my xim 4 and to my shock, nothing works. Now I was diligent and I did exhaust all the tips provided in previous forums, everything from: removing batteries from controller to mixing up the different ports and I even tried reinstalling and installing everything. I understand that having an Iphone may complicate things but I even followed the instructions for that portion and still no luck. Every time I log in game, everything lights up but I am unable to track using my mouse, one thing that pops up on app on my phone application is  AUX M12??? (I have no idea what that means)....I did download the latest software for xim 4 which is: 4.00.20200203 and my xim manager version is 4.00.20171001. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!
« Last Edit: 10:48 AM - 03/21/20 by OBsIV »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim 4 not tracking mouse
« Reply #1 on: 07:56 AM - 03/21/20 »
Hey,

Are you using a usb/kvm switch?
Also what kind of console are you using and what keyboard and mouse is connected to the xim?
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline CrystalChills00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:44 AM - 03/21/20 »
 :D :D :D i completely forgot how great you guys are at responding MUCH LOVE SENT TO YOUR WAY MY FRIEND!!!! so the console I use is the XBOX X and the key board I use is the CORSIAR STRAFE as for the mouse I go in between the CORSAIR GLAIVE Mouse RGB and the RAZER ELITE DEATHADDER. I dont know what a kvm switch is. Thank you so much for responding I was starting to think that perhaps the problem was the xim manager on my iphone because its been so long. I am feeling super hopeful that we can get to the bottom of this.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:07 AM - 03/21/20 »
All right and to confirm, none of your 3 devices (controller, mouse, keyboard) are working with the console, right?
Which of your devices seem to be powered? Does the Xbox logo button light up?
And which inputs are shown in the xim manager? Does the xim manager show button presses for the controller, keyboard or mouse?

Also the strafe keyboard has to be run in BIOS mode from what i recall, theres either a button on the back you have to switch or a certain keyboard combo you have to press to turn it into BIOS mode. The keyboard manual should have further instructions on that.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline CrystalChills00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:12 AM - 03/21/20 »
Ok so all my peripherals light up, mouse, keyboard and controller. The xim manager is not showing any button presses though.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim 4 not tracking mouse
« Reply #5 on: 10:56 AM - 03/21/20 »
If you plug just your controller in (no other peripheral) and plug your XIM into your console, does your controller initialize and is it usable? And, do you see button presses in Manager?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline CrystalChills00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:44 AM - 03/21/20 »
 :o :o :o BINGO! Problem solved, I was using an elite controller 2.0 this whole time but I just switched up with a regular xbox controller and everthing came on. The xbox elite controller 1.0 used to be compatible with the xim4 but microsoft stopped producing those and there are almost visibly no difference between the 2 controllers. Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this. BACK TO PLAYING!!!!! XIM 4/ XIM APEX is awesome!!!! When will more xim apexes be available, i would like to purchase one in the near future? answer at your leisure im sure you already addressed this in the forum somehere.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:02 PM - 03/21/20 »
Awesome to hear that its working now :)
The latest update is that there might be new stock in the second week of april, and those will probably all go directly to official resellers (see linked reseller stores in the xim store).