XIM Community

[Q/A] Character just stops turning when maximum turn speed is exceeded  (Read 235 times)

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Hi folks, hope you can help me. Just got my Xim yesterday. Loving it, but when I turn too quickly, I've heard of slowing down to the maximum turn rate, but if I do it my character literally just stops spinning, sometimes even bounces back a little bit. Just feels like I hit a wall all of a sudden when I turn too quickly.

I'll post up some settings if it'll help, in-game sensitivity settings are maxed:
Reponse rate: 500hz
Aim sensitivity: 15.00
Ballistic curve set to default ranges
Sync set to slow
Smoothing to 10
Turn assist inactive

Tried tweaking some of my settings but nothing.

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: 03:54 PM - 11/20/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. That sounds normal if you're using a fast flick, is that the movement that you're doing?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Welcome to the community. That sounds normal if you're using a fast flick, is that the movement that you're doing?

Thanks for the quick reply. I mostly notice it when I try to do a quick 180. From what I've read you're just supposed to slow down to the maximum turn speed for the game if you hit the max speed, which considering I'm playing Call of Duty seems pretty fast anyway, but as I said above my character literally just stops turning.

If I crank my sensitivity right up then I can flick a quick 180 with my wrist and not run into the issue, but I can't aim like that lol, I prefer the lower sensitivity of 15 and using my arm to perform the movement.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Is this happening in other games?

Try creating a new config. Use a default config without making changes to it's curve or importing any type of config/curve code. Does it happen here?

If the issue is still there could you please share your setup and a tracelog after the issue occurs? Thanks.

Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

-

The link below contains instructions on how to capture the log. Be sure to have the log window open while gaming. After the issue occurs please share the last 25-50 lines of the log in your message here. Note the instructions are the same for both XIM4 and XIM Apex.

http://cloud.xim.tech/Debug/XIM4TraceLog.pdf
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Is this happening in other games?

I never did update this thread, problem was solved long ago - the problem was that I was using a cheap mouse and it would "spin out" when I tried to swipe too quickly. Upgraded it to a G305 which fixed the issue and I've been using it since!

Admin