XIM Community

PC + COD MW Warzone + XimApex + Newest FW not working  (Read 3595 times)

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
Hello team,
as the header says:PC + MW Warzone + XimApex + Newest FW not working
I just updated my XIMApex with the latest FW available today, created a X-Box config based on COD MW 2019 and plugged my XIM to the PC.
In the menus everything work as expected, but once I land in game, no movements, nothing.
I can't move using ASDW from the KB attached to XIM, and neither the mouse activity is registered.
I didn't know if it may be related to the latest FW, but in Apex Legends (PC + XIM) it's still working just fine.
So did someone try already Warzone + PC + Xim (the game is few hours new btw but still it should be COD MW 2019?)

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
Re: PC + COD MW Warzone + XimApex + Newest FW not working
« Reply #1 on: 05:59 PM - 03/10/20 »
Just found this: testing it
Can I play Warzone on PC using a controller?

Yes, here’s how you can:

1.    Plug in controller of choice.

2.    Enter the in-game Options Menu.

3.    Tab over to General.

4.    Switch Input Device from Keyboard & Mouse to Controller.

Offline SwiftCookie

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SwiftCookie
« Reply #2 on: 04:40 AM - 03/11/20 »
Yo!

So is it possible to use a Xim on the PC like you would on console and have it enable AA?? :)

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:55 AM - 03/11/20 »
Yo!

So is it possible to use a Xim on the PC like you would on console and have it enable AA?? :)

Yes its possible

MW uses a slightly different aim mechanic on PC compared to console. So the MW 2019 st for PS4 and Xbox don't perform very well.
I suggest you use the MW Remastered XBOX one ST (also if you use a ds4 on pc)

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:29 AM - 03/11/20 »
Yo!

Yes but Unethical.

Offline Shredly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sutta
« Reply #5 on: 08:42 AM - 03/11/20 »
Yo!

Yes its possible

MW uses a slightly different aim mechanic on PC compared to console. So the MW 2019 st for PS4 and Xbox don't perform very well.
I suggest you use the MW Remastered XBOX one ST (also if you use a ds4 on pc)

Are you using sync on or off? Was using MW st last night and
Other then a random drift of looking up seemed to do well.

Offline pobbe5

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iTdope
  • PSN ID: iTdope
« Reply #6 on: 09:45 AM - 03/20/20 »
im having the problem that the game dont think i got an controller connected to the computer so i can change to the option ingame.. I connect everytghinh correct on the xim then i plug the xim in to the computer.. anyone else got this issue or is it just something i do wrong?

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:48 AM - 03/20/20 »
im having the problem that the game dont think i got an controller connected to the computer so i can change to the option ingame.. I connect everytghinh correct on the xim then i plug the xim in to the computer.. anyone else got this issue or is it just something i do wrong?

Have u tried using the PS4 controller without XIM?  Does that work?

Offline pobbe5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:19 AM - 03/20/20 »
Yes and that works, so this is what i tried, plug in the mouse/keyboard/controller to the xim then connect the xim to the cumputer and it did not work. I have tried to connect each separately and that did not work.. Do i have to install some controller drivers to my computer or does it have to be a xbrox controller? Do i have to hold the p buttom when i connect the xim or something? Please help me, would love to get this working! I think the problem is that when i plug in the controller to the xim the computer do not think its a controller so the lights on the controller dont turnt on, it just blinks organe at the start then the lights goes off. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 11:28 AM - 03/20/20 by pobbe5 »

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:35 PM - 03/20/20 »
Yes and that works, so this is what i tried, plug in the mouse/keyboard/controller to the xim then connect the xim to the cumputer and it did not work. I have tried to connect each separately and that did not work.. Do i have to install some controller drivers to my computer or does it have to be a xbrox controller? Do i have to hold the p buttom when i connect the xim or something? Please help me, would love to get this working! I think the problem is that when i plug in the controller to the xim the computer do not think its a controller so the lights on the controller dont turnt on, it just blinks organe at the start then the lights goes off. Any suggestions?

Mine works with both PS4 and Xbox controller on PC.
Windows automatically installs a driver when you plug in the PS4 controller for the first time into your PC.    Make sure to use the same USB port on your PC that you previously had your PS4 controller in and plug your XIM Apex in there with everything connected (keyboard/mouse/controller). You don't have to press any button on the XIM Apex.
If this doesn't work try a differtent USB cable to connect the controller with the XIM Apex.
Also what version do you have?  v1 or v2? (v2 has a light on the touchpad)

Offline pobbe5

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:41 PM - 03/20/20 »
I got back to you on DM bro!

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:04 AM - 03/21/20 »
I have not updated firmware recently but I have been using the Apex on PC with my Xbox One controller since MW came out.  After trying multiple profiles, I found the only palatable one was COD MW REMASTERED.  This one works pretty good, doesn't have the dead zone issue that the official ST suffers from.

The main reason I use the XIM instead of native is I have just got so used to the feel of it I don't feel like re-training my brain to a new system.  Also my buddies in party would rather me show up as a controller player so we don't get put into PC lobbies.  In Warzone I don't think this would really matter because every round seems like a mixed bag due to the number of players.
PS4 Pro / XB 1 S / XIM Apex
PC: R5 3600 / Sapphire Pulse 5700XT / 16GB Geil EVO X 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G502

Offline Mikehinkle90

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Krombopulosm90
« Reply #12 on: 07:21 PM - 03/21/20 »
I'm using the mw2019 config for warzone on pc and I dont feel any issues?  I'll try the remastered one to see if it feels better. Currently on ps4 st latest firmware.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:59 AM - 03/22/20 »
Yo!

Yes but Unethical.
No worries, it won't work the way he thinks. AA on pc is not as sticky as on console. Native will always destroy it. That's why I just learned native instead. I use cross all of time so one thing I've notice about console AA is when they move outside of the hitbox I always get the kill because my aim stays within the hitbox. I don't have any limiters to fight against. So once that janky AA screws them up they're dead every single time. No matter if they're in a window, prone on the ground or simply catch me off guard. They literally have to mow native users down or they will Instantly drop due to our better precision. I only get demolished by campers that camp in unison. So bad to the point where I can't get to them without being gunned down.
« Last Edit: 06:06 AM - 03/22/20 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:26 AM - 03/22/20 »
Yo!

Yes but Unethical.
No worries, it won't work the way he thinks. AA on pc is not as sticky as on console. Native will always destroy it. That's why I just learned native instead. I use cross all of time so one thing I've notice about console AA is when they move outside of the hitbox I always get the kill because my aim stays within the hitbox. I don't have any limiters to fight against. So once that janky AA screws them up they're dead every single time. No matter if they're in a window, prone on the ground or simply catch me off guard. They literally have to mow native users down or they will Instantly drop due to our better precision. I only get demolished by campers that camp in unison. So bad to the point where I can't get to them without being gunned down.

Yeah when I get a couple days off this week I'm going to try switching to native for Warzone.  Just so many more customization options for controls too than trying to use the XIM... I'll get it handed to me for a while getting used to not having AA anymore but I think you are right, it's probably more of a hindrance for PC than a help, and much better native once you get used to it.
PS4 Pro / XB 1 S / XIM Apex
PC: R5 3600 / Sapphire Pulse 5700XT / 16GB Geil EVO X 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G502

Admin