XIM Community

Aiming and movement  (Read 219 times)

Offline Adam_

• View Profile
Aiming and movement
« on: 02:28 AM - 03/10/20 »
First of all, I know this doesnít really belong here, but Iím curious if itís just me. Unfortunately most of you  wonít be able to talk from experience, but if you have any tips/suggestions, itís greatly appreciated!
Iíve been using the XIM for around like 6-8 months now, and I can only praise the product, however I have a problem, me. You see, Iím left handed so I purchased an ambidextrous mouse which I use with my left hand. What I noticed is that my aim is on a level it has never been before, but my movement is so @#$% awful, it feels like my brain doesnít want to work, Iím just running around like a headless chicken and I canít seem to stop that.
What really caught my attentionton is that I had around 3-4+ kd in pretty much every game when I was using a controller (normally), but now itís like an all time low. Iím talking barely 1,3-1,5.
I decided to change my hands for a month or so to see what really happens. It just feels frustrating sometimes because I know I can do better. I always did.
Am I going to mess up my muscle memory completely? I feel like I have to try this, itís starting to really piss me off lately.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Aiming and movement
« Reply #1 on: 02:34 AM - 03/10/20 »
You just started to focus more on your aiming than on your positioning and situation reading. You can probably achieve a change by switching to a sony nav controller as you will then have to focus more on your character movement and general position. Though the best would be to try to focus on the situation you are in right now and what possibilities you have. It may take a while but you can definitely get back to where you were before.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 02:41 AM - 03/10/20 »
I'm left-handed and wouldn't dream of attempting to use my right hand for the mouse. The vast majority of us are hard-wired to use a dominant hand, there's no point messing with nature. Practice makes perfect, that's all there really is to it.

Finding the right mouse shape and size is very important and could be what is messing with your mojo. I personally prefer a smaller ambidextrous mouse (G Pro wired or G305) and fingertip grip for greater control over a mid to large size mouse and palm grip.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Adam_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:57 AM - 03/10/20 »
Thank you guys for the responses. I picked my controller up the other day, I was back where I left months ago in just a few hours. Maybe I do miss the analog movement. I wanted to get an Azeron but now Iím too scared to invest in it until I fix my problem. Time to find a nav somewhere.