XIM Community

Looking for feedback on new R6 Siege (Classic) PS4 support  (Read 1279 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Ballistics Curves should not be used in testing

Support was updated to be more linear at higher stick magnitudes but you may reach the turn speed limit sooner than before which can activate the game's timed acceleration. The change only applies to the latest Siege (Classic) ST available on PS4, this change was not made for X1 support.

Support's been out over the weekend and we just have feedback from three people. I'd like to hear from more people who have had a chance to test it under ideal conditions. Here is how PS4 players can use the latest support:

1. Update XIM firmware using a PC or Mac:
APEX: http://xim.tech/latest
XIM4: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=81.0

2. Force a library update in Manager's menu-global settings
3. Rename previous Siege config
4. Create a new Siege config to use the latest support
5. Do not make changes to the default ballistics curve
6. Test!

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks. Thanks!
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline qnholy

• View Profile
Hi Mist!
In my opinion i can follow the other guys. Ads Feels better but turn speed in hip is to fast .
Thank you for your work man.

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them,join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
After i updated the feeling was so close to Pc cause mostly im playing on pc now and i was really impressed.  Definitely Ads feels so much better if not perfect. With hip...well lets just say that few times i end up looking in to floors dont know how that happened. Lol. Tried to do 180 turn and my aim was facing floors.  With all recommend settings i still feel that 1:1  vertical sensitivity is too high. I ether have to do vertical 80 in game settings or 0.8 in xim app. (Vertical sensitivity) hip page.

Second day of my gameplay lets say back to normal floaty aim , feels delay from my mouse and screen movements. But i had this problem all the time and we both tried to sort it out but no luck here. Remember u said i have timing issues.

But back to these new changes definitely better but hip needs a bit work. Ads is perfect.
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I think the maximum turnspeed of the previous ST was better and more predictable. I think we had a discussion about that the first time the Classic ST has been trained (arguing over having a faster but less predictable turnspeed over a slower and more predictable one), if there isnt enough feedback i could try to look up the old discussion..

Overall i dont think the turnspeed is a problem with the old ST, it was fast enough to allow quick turns. The new one feels like i cannot make precise turns, when i want to make a 180 turn its like +/- 20 off or so.
Either way since RB6 has no aim assist id prefer the choice that offers more precision.
(If a curve can replicate the turnspeed behavior of the old ST then i think that would be a good solution too that makes everyone happy. E.g  a curve that cuts off the top of the graph.)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline parhamm25

• View Profile
    • Instagram
  • PSN ID: GodlyParham
ADS feels amazing compared to the old one, but the hip is weird. I end up looking at floors and ceilings when I turn. Not sure if its a Y/X ratio issue with the ST or what. Old hip was better but new ADS is much better
PS4 Pro/PC | XIM Apex | Pad: HyperX Pro XL | KB: Ducky One 2 Mini | A: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro w/ Antlion Modmic | M: Logitech G502 Hero/Glorious Model O- | DPI: 3200/16000 | P: 1000hz

Offline LilJs

• View Profile
DPI: 12k
Pad: 17.5cm

I translated my old config to the new one:
Old Config:

New Config:

(if anyone can help me shortening this post that'd be great)

No curve on either of course.

How is my sens meassured?
ADS: 360deg (17.5cm)
HIP : double ADS

with these settings I feel the ads more precise but the hip is more jittery, might have to slow it down and make HIP == ADS.

non-related:
i previously tried converting my sens from pc to here (30-40cm-ish) a 360, but the just wouldn't let me, it was just too slow, that's why my hip is doubled.

I'll retrain my sens from pc to console with this new ST

edit 1:
retrained again and new config is 66.06 for 360...

my pc ([email protected]) sens should be 33.53 on XIM

Translated PC to Console sens:

Old vs New config:

Old config takes around 6 swipes to do a 360
New config takes 5 swipes to do a 360
(tested a few times to be precise)

I feel New config is coming closer to PC 1:1

Note: also forgot to add that i always use "off" sync for r6, just wanted to add that
Note 2: check constantly this post as ill be updating it often
« Last Edit: 12:48 PM - 03/09/20 by mist4fun »

Offline isidrojose

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: bAggziLLA_11
ADS is much better now, but hip is kinda off.. I really like the feel for the ADS
PS4
BENQ RL2755HM
XIM APEX : 1000 HZ
Glorious Model O : 12000 DPI and 4000 DPI on 1000 HZ
Razer Tartarus Chroma V2
SteelSeries QCK Prism
Audio Technica AD700x with Antlion Modmic and MixAmp TR

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone, it seems that the majority agree this is an improvement for ADS but would prefer the old behavior for Hip. I'll work on this in the next update and work on bringing this change to X1's Classic ST as well.

Offline LilJs

• View Profile
justed tested new beta with r6 and it felt horrible, i normally use off sync but for this one default felt much better. probably sticking with december beta for now...

Offline Theo3012

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: The eho
  • PSN ID: None
How do I go back to the old one before the new updated  I didn't backup before I changed can someone help?

Offline Fearenity.

• View Profile
Re: Looking for feedback on new R6 Siege (Classic) PS4 support
« Reply #10 on: 06:32 PM - 03/10/20 »
Yep the hip does feel very weird turning makes you either ending up looking at the floor or at the roof but ads feels amazing . Would love to have the old hip feel back

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:29 AM - 03/25/20 »
This is out, Hip's behavior was reverted to .5 and the new ADS behavior was retained.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:05 AM - 03/25/20 »
Is the new ADS behavior also availabe for Xbox users? A few people asked the question but i dont own the game on XBL to try it myself.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:00 PM - 03/25/20 »
No, PS4's look mechanic had changed so support was updated. I could add the ADS change to X1 if it goes over well with P4.

--

Does anyone have feedback on the latest P4 Hip support?
« Last Edit: 03:16 PM - 03/25/20 by mist4fun »

Offline qwjcc

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: qwjcc
  • PSN ID: qwjcc
« Reply #14 on: 11:21 PM - 03/25/20 »
Is the aim acceleration issues resolved yet , Im still having the same issue as everyone else

Admin