XIM Community

A Request for Next BETA - Fix Sprint in R6:SIEGE (A/D cancels Shift+W)  (Read 3079 times)

Offline 50CAL

• youtube.com/R6SavageGGEz
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel R6Savage
  • Gamertag: 50CAL
  • PSN ID: trASH_atR6
I have never played on PC so I asked a Rainbow Six Siege streamer on PC if.. "When he sprints in R6, Shift+W and press A or D to move left or right while sprinting, If that cancels the sprint"?
 He looked a bit confused and said - Nope.

Later on I went in game testing (R6 using Xim Apex) trying to figure it out.. does it get cancelled for me? Yes.
When I sprint with Shift+W no problems I sprint forward and only if I use my mouse to swipe left or right I can turn while continuing sprinting but as soon as I hit A or D my operator stops. Why? I dont let go of my Shift+W but it stops as soon as I hit A or D? Now Im confused.

I tried SAB OFF thinking that it is the closest to PC keyboard movement (no success), then tested 0, 1, 2 up to IDK 20+ or something I dont remember.. However it made no difference.

Is this something you guys could fix with a patch or something for the next BETA?

Im using the latest "official" firmware [20190719] with the matching manager [20190719] not the current [20191217] BETA.

(Any R6 player got a solution for this /other than switching to a Sony Nav / Please answer)
YouTube.com/R6savageGGEz

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It would be impossible to implement because the sprinting angles between console and PC are not identical. You can either have regular WASD movement during HIP and ADS or have the possibility to sprint diagonally but then no longer have true WASD movement. For example your left/right movement would then always make you move forward a bit, you couldnt prefectly strafe left/right anymore.

The xim doesnt know if you are currently sprinting or not unless you force people to keep holding down the sprint button, and there will be a lot of people who dislike that.
Your best bet is to use a logitech g13, its the closest to a keyboard but still has an analog stick to sprint diagonally.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline 50CAL

• View Profile
Thanks

Do you know what the SAB was set to before we got the option to change it ourselves?
YouTube.com/R6savageGGEz

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It'll be due to the angle of the stick required to register as Sprint on console. That's a game mechanic XIM cannot control.

For most games, 45 degree vectors works fine, but Siege seems to want an angle closer to 90 (possibly 65 to 115 degrees or thereabouts), which is easy to do with an analog stick.

When using digital input such as WASD on a kb, there's no way for XIM APEX to instruct A or D to function at anything other than 90 / 180 degrees, or 45 / 135 degrees for W+A or W+D.

SAB adds some variance to that, but will output less than 45 degrees as much as it outputs more than 45 degrees, resulting in inconsistency. That's why it breaks Sprint at higher values in games like Apex Legends and Call of Duty.

Long story short - for accurate Sprint control in Siege, you'll want analog input.

Alternately, a Titan Two script could amend the W+A or W+D vectors to a customisable value. A condition would need to be applied so the script only affects Sprint movement, but that should be possible.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 50CAL

• View Profile
Sorry I don't understand. My question was: the SAB value in R6 before the BETA came out with the option to change it. Ever since the SAB was released I feel not as comfortable moving. Aiming is fine but I liked it better before
YouTube.com/R6savageGGEz

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Don't edit the SAB value and it'll be exactly the same as before we could edit it. I think that's 0 on the scale.

If you want predictability, set SAB to Off and it'll pass through the raw digital input value.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 50CAL

• View Profile
YouTube.com/R6savageGGEz

Offline 50CAL

• View Profile
Don't edit the SAB value and it'll be exactly the same as before we could edit it. I think that's 0 on the scale.

If you want predictability, set SAB to Off and it'll pass through the raw digital input value.

Just have to get used to it I guess.. 30 years old, first time playing with a keyboard haha so movement feels clumsy from time to time.
 I played with frag fx shark (a Sony license mouse and Joystick) Before I could but the Xim and.. Wow, what a difference in quality. God @#$% I used to love the fragfx but after testing xim I couldn't bare to use it again. Insane stutter, crazy acceleration, jumpy & funky (somehow got a lot of KILLS with it) You definitely couldn't try to hide that you were using a mouse. I liked the joystick tho for movement then I switched to keyboard with the Xim (tried to plug in a ps3 move controller but it won't connect, out of battery I think) So I grind with the keyboard instead. Want to get good with it and I was decent for awhile until the SAB was introduced in the APP. Don't know why tho.. it's like my movement gets interrupted with certain key strokes. I use Razer tournament II with yellow switches. They have a very short activation point, I'm sure it's less than the usual. Maybe that's it?
 Now I got a decent amount of practice with it but it differs from day to day.. Some days I feel very comfy moving around and it's not hindering my gameplay (when I'm in the zone) it's just..
it's definitely something about it that bothers me, something that wasn't there before.. Keyboards are so expensive I'm not sure if that is my problem or not. I was thinking about buying a keyboard that you can manually adjust the activation for each key.. Don't remember the name but it sounds great for using WASD.
YouTube.com/R6savageGGEz

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile

Just have to get used to it I guess.. 30 years old, first time playing with a keyboard haha so movement feels clumsy from time to time.
 I played with frag fx shark (a Sony license mouse and Joystick) Before I could but the Xim and.. Wow, what a difference in quality. God @#$% I used to love the fragfx but after testing xim I couldn't bare to use it again. Insane stutter, crazy acceleration, jumpy & funky (somehow got a lot of KILLS with it) You definitely couldn't try to hide that you were using a mouse. I liked the joystick tho for movement then I switched to keyboard with the Xim (tried to plug in a ps3 move controller but it won't connect, out of battery I think) So I grind with the keyboard instead. Want to get good with it and I was decent for awhile until the SAB was introduced in the APP. Don't know why tho.. it's like my movement gets interrupted with certain key strokes. I use Razer tournament II with yellow switches. They have a very short activation point, I'm sure it's less than the usual. Maybe that's it?
 Now I got a decent amount of practice with it but it differs from day to day.. Some days I feel very comfy moving around and it's not hindering my gameplay (when I'm in the zone) it's just..
it's definitely something about it that bothers me, something that wasn't there before.. Keyboards are so expensive I'm not sure if that is my problem or not. I was thinking about buying a keyboard that you can manually adjust the activation for each key.. Don't remember the name but it sounds great for using WASD.

Maybe worth buying another Sony Nav to try it out? They're knocking around very cheap these days.

Offline 50CAL

• View Profile
Still I figure how a thing that's in the game normally. Just disappear with the xim. With a Joystick you can run forward and left/right. It can't be a keyboard thing that erupts it either because you can do the same Joystick movement on PC with keyboard so there must be a fix. Must be a bug with the xim. The movement would be so so much better. Can't count the amount of times I wanted to sprint then press A or D and my operator stops. Very annoying and it hasn't got me killed a lot but it definitely hinders the freedom of movement and it can make you loose in some situations because of it. I don't want to play with the Joystick because then I need to play with a large heavy mouse like g502. To get the extra buttons. Please devs, try to look into it.
YouTube.com/R6savageGGEz

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
I do not play this game, but it looks like a macro will help you, I know that this is not discussed here, but try it (shift down arrow 0ms, up arrow 0ms, enable / disable continuous playback-assign to mouse or keyboard button).

Admin