XIM Community

Best Mouse for the Apex 2020  (Read 841 times)

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
Best Mouse for the Apex 2020
« on: 06:09 AM - 02/28/20 »
Im fixing to purchase a new mouse for my Apex but im stuck on the Glorious Model O or the new Coolermaster. I kno the new Razor Viper is probly the best to buy right now. But im not spending $150 on a mouse i have a budget. Ive read so many good things & bad things about the glorious mice, but im looking for 2nd to best mouse out the with the best sensor comment ur advice below

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Best Mouse for the Apex 2020
« Reply #1 on: 09:57 AM - 02/28/20 »
The second best would probably be the logitech g pro wireless which isnt all that cheaper. Maybe add a pricerange to your post so the community can give you some suggestions :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cityfriedrice
« Reply #2 on: 12:06 PM - 02/28/20 »
They got lower priced mouses with the same sensor, I bought the deathadder V2 yesterday but there's also the Basilisk V2 (both are wired). Don't really care for their products but the praise for the tech here got me interested. There's used deathadder v2's on amazon for 60 bucks

Offline DanStealth

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DanStealth
« Reply #3 on: 09:44 AM - 03/01/20 »
Iíve been using a Logitech G602, and Iíve had a hard time
Finding a mouse thatís better.  Iíve bought a few different ones as I wanted something that was ďbetterĒ. Reading all these posts about people using X mouse and how itís the best one, and I keep going back to the g602. I recently purchased g603 which to me performed worse. I felt the aim wasnít nearly as accurate, and my
Aim was all over the place. I donít know if itís because of the higher DPI, Which is my
Best guess, but I felt with apex, aiming, especially ADS aiming, was just
Not good.

Iíve purchased other mice, Iíve tried different brands, and I just keep going back to the 602, itís sensor/DPI is only a max of 2500. The mice I tried that
Are in 10K range seem like they are all over the place. I donít get it.

The only thing that I found higher DPI mice to be better at was with selecting items, like health or nades. I felt the higher DPI made selection much easier and less drastic
Movement to get selector to move.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cityfriedrice
« Reply #4 on: 10:57 AM - 03/04/20 »
After playing with one of Razers new mice with the focus+ sensor i've come to the conclusion there's no reason to get anything else. Battlefront 2 is actually playable now since the aim assist is a non issue now.

Offline Mar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:26 AM - 03/04/20 »
Glorious mouses work perfectly with XIM, and are great mouses.

Coolermaster mouses can't be configured meaning you cant change the mouse buttons or do macros as it doesnt work with the XIM Apex.. idk how its listed assupported. Both MM710 and the MM711 macros/button reconfig results in an error with the XIM Apex. I have tried the latest versions as well.

Offline GSA_Kronos_GR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kronos_GR
« Reply #6 on: 01:48 PM - 03/04/20 »
I bought an ADX M0519 16000 DPI mouse for 25e and I can tell you is very good.
My last mouse was a G502 proteus 12000 DPI

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:47 AM - 03/13/20 »
Not going to beat around the bush here.

Do not buy a mouse based on sensor or specs alone.
If you can, go to a store and physically put the mouse in your hand and see if it feels right.
The correct mouse for your grip style and hand size is way more important than the latest greatest sensor.

All of the mice that have been recommended in this thread are all tried tested and proven to work well.
I would also recommend the following
G 502 Great mouse lots of buttons in very uselull places , a bit heavy for some people
G Pro Wireless Great mouse, but mine is on the side redundant because I prefer the G203 feel
G Pro Wired Great mouse, I bought it at the same time as a G203 to blind test them both,  sold the Pro which gave me more money back than I paid for the G203.
G 203 Great Mouse basically performs the same as the pro wired for half the price but has only 1 onboard memory slot which may be a deal breaker for some.

A little Logitech biased maybe, but I have not used any other brand for gaming since about 2002.
But that doesn't mean I assume they are the best, they just work for me. One day I may try another brand and see what I have been missing out on. :-)

But I cannot stress enough how the mouse feels in your hand is way more important than everything else.

Offline S

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:16 AM - 03/21/20 »
Not going to beat around the bush here.

Do not buy a mouse based on sensor or specs alone.
If you can, go to a store and physically put the mouse in your hand and see if it feels right.
The correct mouse for your grip style and hand size is way more important than the latest greatest sensor.

All of the mice that have been recommended in this thread are all tried tested and proven to work well.
I would also recommend the following
G 502 Great mouse lots of buttons in very uselull places , a bit heavy for some people
G Pro Wireless Great mouse, but mine is on the side redundant because I prefer the G203 feel
G Pro Wired Great mouse, I bought it at the same time as a G203 to blind test them both,  sold the Pro which gave me more money back than I paid for the G203.
G 203 Great Mouse basically performs the same as the pro wired for half the price but has only 1 onboard memory slot which may be a deal breaker for some.

A little Logitech biased maybe, but I have not used any other brand for gaming since about 2002.
But that doesn't mean I assume they are the best, they just work for me. One day I may try another brand and see what I have been missing out on. :-)

But I cannot stress enough how the mouse feels in your hand is way more important than everything else.

For the XIM i actually have to disagree. Mouse sensors for the Xim is like engines for cars, they literally make the car. The rest is just preference, like cosmetics, grips, etc. Just like how people prefer cars based on cosmetics.

My point; Sensors are actually really important and can change the whole behaviour and feeling of the Xim. Grip and weight are preferences and are of course important, but for the Xim the sensor is just as vital.
Mice: Ultralight 2, Deathadder V2, G-pro Wireless, Viper, Viper Ultimate, G502, Rival 310, MX518L.
Favorites: Deathadder V2/Ultralight 2

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:21 AM - 03/21/20 »
From a technical point you are right yes. Though you also have to consider your own habbits. I have rather large hands and theres no way i could ever play with a mouse as tiny as the g pro wireless. Although it has one if not the best sensor on the market right now theres just no way.
Thats where shape, weight and all the other things come into play (which is what AgentSmith referred to i think).

If we say the xim mouse output (= how well you can perform) is determined by the following made-up percentage:
- 40% sensor (so the most important aspect)
- 20% weight
- 20% shape
- 20% button amoung/placement

Then the tiny g pro would for me maybe score something like:
- 40/40 sensor
- 15/20 weight (its really light but not perfect)
- 5/20 shape
- 10/20 button
so overall 70/100.

Whereas the g203 despite its inferior sensor might score:
- 30/40 sensor (its still a good sensor, just not the best!)
- 15/20 weight (its weight is pretty much identical to the g pro wireless)
- 20/20 shape (better size and form factor)
- 10/20 button
So you actually end up with 75/100.

So yes the sensor is the most important but depending on the person the other factors can add up and become more important ;). For a different person the g pro might even score a 100/100, which is why its so important to do some research first. Rocketjumpninja usually covered all the criterias mentioned above in his reviews :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline PhilDeanR6

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Phildean InF
« Reply #10 on: 01:34 PM - 04/05/20 »
I've been told I can use a Logitech G Pro Wireless with the Xim I didn't know you could use wireless mouse. can anyone confirm I can use the G pro wireless.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:34 PM - 04/05/20 »
I've been told I can use a Logitech G Pro Wireless with the Xim I didn't know you could use wireless mouse. can anyone confirm I can use the G pro wireless.

Just plug the wireless receiver into the XIM, thats it :).

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:45 PM - 04/05/20 »
I've tried a few fairly expensive mice such as the Razer Viper Ultimate, G502 and Corsair Ironclaw, but I always end up going back to my £40 Logitech G305. Such a nice mouse, I find it weird that it costs so little tbh.