XIM Community

Battlefield 3  (Read 234515 times)

Offline ISheeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1245 on: 06:38 AM - 11/06/11 »
No it's not that i can't turn my Ingame sensitivity low enough, it's that if I do I can't aim fast enough because of the turn speed cap...

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: 01:00 PM - 11/08/11 »
If you haven't yet loaded a jeep with C4 to ghost ride it into an enemy tank, you should consider it. Highly recommended. Easy, but a lot of fun.

Maybe ghost ride one off a cliff/ramp and into a tank below, epic.
« Last Edit: 08:35 AM - 11/09/11 by asilver »
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: 02:44 PM - 11/08/11 »
I know MW3 just came out and everything, but has anyone tried going into a Battlefield 3 TDM match today? At 2:30 CST there was not 1 match to join, all servers said 0/24. Weird, I been playing mostly TDM. Today is a sad  day :(

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 02:51 PM - 11/08/11 »
I know MW3 just came out and everything, but has anyone tried going into a Battlefield 3 TDM match today? At 2:30 CST there was not 1 match to join, all servers said 0/24. Weird, I been playing mostly TDM. Today is a sad  day :(

It does that now and again, give it a few hours and it will be fine.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 03:23 PM - 11/08/11 »
Supposidly there is another server update going out today..... Everyone is getting ready for a client patch release that is going out later this week.

The patch fixes a few things that I know of:

Negative Aceeleration on pc and ps3 ( not sure about the Xbox)
pistols revamped (sv98 sniper rifle nerfed at close range - added higher pistol ballistics for close range battles)
jets/copters - easier to control , jets supposidly have bombs now
nerfed scar -h
stability issues fixed in multi core gpu/cpu configurations (memory leaks , no need to turn off hyperthreading anymore for micro stuttering )
slight adjustment in destructive damage ( not sure what this means..someone in battlelog mentioned you can now blow craters in ground with c4 like you could in beta)
nerfed a few other weapons for balance issues. ( not sure which)

-Look for twitter updates coming from dice devs real soon with full changelog notes.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: 03:56 PM - 11/08/11 »
Choppers set to legacy sticks with M/Kb isn't bad. I wish it was closer to arma as for controls though. There too much forward motion. and yaw is loose all the time. Helios tighten up and stabilize after a certain speed disabling the yaw movement. especially the little bird I wish this mechanic was included.
some more beef is the flags are too close together on the maps. yet there is a lot of empty open wasted real estate. Sure i can walk way over there but why?  I like the slower game-play of the open spaces like harvest day in BC2 the flags were spread out.
Yes this is a great game but somethings in it are just so dumb i really wonder about the people making it. do i need the huge flag maker over my cross-hair the whole time im in a flag base? I can't see with that flipping thing. The bright flashlight like glare from a sniper scope? AT NIGHT???!?!?!? what is being reflected at night? too over zealous with some of the small features. Flashlights in the day time should be a little annoying but not blinding like at night. guy is 100 feet away and hes completely eclipsed buy his BigFing halogen barrel light outside in the middle of the afternoon. out and the sun is way too bright. or can they just add some tactical glasses. They really have simulated the eye burn well when coming out of a dark building with the sun in your face. Maybe I need some of those BS Gunnar glasses.
I love this game but some small things are driving me crazy. but i will stick with it. /endrant

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 04:35 PM - 11/08/11 »
One thing I wish they would fix is the bug where if you spawn on a location that is no longer available (dead player, seat taken in vehicle) it instead spawns you in the deployment! It should not spawn you at all and instead give you the option to pick a different spawn location. I can't count how many times I've tried to spawn somewhere only to end up walking out of the deployment because all of the vehicles are gone.

Oh and dmx, this is why tactical lights are the way they are. A dev posted this. But really? I think avoiding a headache and making the game more enjoyable is more important than realism.

Off

Supermarket Flashlight

Deben Ledray 700 Tactical
« Last Edit: 04:41 PM - 11/08/11 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 05:18 PM - 11/08/11 »
Yep see how the light is only a few inches larger then the super market. It would only eclipse the head of the user. you can still see the top of the table and the block of wood behind it. Blinding a target would only be a side-effect. the intended purpose is to illuminate the target. That particular light is for distance. Using a bright light in close quarters would not allow you to see outside of the lit area. thats 700 lumen. normal taclight should be about 180 or so.

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #1253 on: 07:55 PM - 11/08/11 »
They must have put a 10,000 lumen one in the game then.
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #1254 on: 05:43 AM - 11/09/11 »
The flashlights were a good idea but excecuted terribly.... I thought they wouldve done something with them after the beta. Its like when I rage tubed in mw2 now I rage taclight in bf3  :P
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 08:16 AM - 11/09/11 »
flashlights are highly nerfed with the next update, there are already screenshots of how its planned
from the screens, it was like a 300-400% reduction, also the intensity/distance will be changed
on longer encounters it will barely distract you, whereas it will remain its strength in the 2-3m range

something they are thinking about (but not changed so far) is the weather-brightness itself
i mean a flashlight wont have as much impact on a sunny and bright desert map than on a night map
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #1256 on: 08:23 AM - 11/09/11 »
Od1n... you have to change your sig.  I waste so many hours staring at it.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 08:34 AM - 11/09/11 »
That's great news od1n, the flashlighter shouldn't be awarded a free "flashbang" type handicap on everyone they face off with.

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • CaptSackJparrow's YouTube
  • Gamertag: CaptSackJparrow
« Reply #1258 on: 08:38 AM - 11/09/11 »
I like them, easy to pick them off from 200 meters. It's like a big sign that says "SHOOT ME, SHOOT ME, SHOOT ME".
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 08:50 AM - 11/09/11 »
With the laser painter it's pretty easy to see the dot where the laser is coming from and shoot at it, with sights, I still haven't figured out where to shoot and pretty much always lose to close/medium flashlight encounters.